Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
I'd love to have the input of qualified medical personnel, but they are not keen to provide input on such a controversial subject where there is virtually no accepted research and all statements are conjecture, and where a considerable amount of pressure is being put on those in the profession to conform with the establishment view that all smoking of any kind is bad and the exercise of consumer choice as against medically-managed therapy is wrong.

However there are signs of change as even the Royal College of Physicians, probably the most conservative body anywhere in the world, is now advocating harm reduction in preference to traditional therapy (such as cold quitting plus medication), so progress is being made, although since such bodies are always at least twenty years behind the times we must assume that harm management has been very successful for the last two decades.

In addition we will no longer accept articles from anonymous individuals who present their material in a way that can be used against us. If people won't work with us then we will edit or delete. I'm sorry you still have issues with this but I will try to make whatever changes seem reasonable, and will continue to edit the article as seems appropriate. Unfortunately at the moment we have to play politics and that is, I regret, the overriding concern. This area is one where compromises have to be made, and though academics don't like that, it's a fact of life. You just can't publish anything you like when there's a war on.

I'm sure, to you, the issues are simple. Unfortunately I have to sit around a table (both physically and virtually) with corrupt government officials and industry players with a death wish while trying to help us live to see next year, so things are less simple for me.

I think this conversation has gone about as far as it can here, we should continue in private or not at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread