Not open for further replies.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
I probably just need to cut the 3-4 hour chain vape session at night.

Well, that would be a start!
Strangely enough, I had the same happen to me yesterday - I vape about 1.5mL of 24mg liquid per day - so I walked around a bit, sat down, with feet well elevated and everything went back to normal fairly quickly.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
You should mention this to your doctor next time you're there. It could have any number of causes, but nicotine is on the list. Nicotine causes vasoconstriction, which has a negative effect on circulation. So does caffeine. Tingling in the feet can also be a sign of diabetes. Or it could just be something like a pinched nerve. It's a good idea to take a break and put your feet up if they start swelling.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Just had a full range of bloodwork done a few weeks ago, no diabetes. I did just go back to working days after a 3 month break, and my caffeine intake is probably waaaaay up. It goes away after putting the feet up and laying off the vape. I have a dr. appt in a few weeks, so if it's still happening, I'll ask then.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Nicotine is a vaso constrictor, so too much will cause limbs/digits to go numb, depending on your physiology. It happens to me occasionally in the cold of winter if I am vaping too much nic, but regular exercise solves it. But if you are vaping a lot and sitting a lot, toes, legs, or arms can certainly get numb or tingly.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Clean bill of health from the doc. My lungs are better (no wheezing, go me!). Blood pressure is better, weight is actually down. I'm about to start the big diet tomorrow, not that I'm obese by any means, but I was at a high point. He's not concerned with a little swelling and tingling. I sit a lot at work. He said move around some more, drink lots of water, cut the caffeine if possible (doing that anyway cause it's not helping with the hydration), and put the feet up and the PV down if I get tingly. He said he'd rather have me chain vaping than chain smoking, and if I'm not self moderating in a month, we'll talk about a vape schedule if we need to.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I have not experienced that. First go see a doctor. What you described can be caused by many things. If u think it's nic withdrawal get a juice with a higher nic content. Like 18 or 24.

Umm, she said she HAS talked to the doctor in detail about this. And increasing nic will likely make it worse...it certainly does for me. I really think this is a simple nic vasoconstriction thing.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Yep. Doctor can't be sure it's the nic or caffeine. I went back to working days after doing school online on my schedule... so went from the cup of coffee for enjoyment to probably a pot in the morning just to keep myself functional. I'm drinking waaaaaaaay too much caffeine for sure. I'm also chain vaping. The doctor recommended I put the PV down if I can when I get any slight tingle, but not to mess with the nic level unless I'm sure I can without going back to smoking. My main plan is to attack the caffeine problem by either switching at noon to decaf, or mixing decaf and regular to get the overall level down. I'm also increasing water... which hopefully will eliminate a few giant cups of coffee.

For some reason this seems to happen when it's HOT out. If the temp is in the mid 70s, I'm fine. When it hits the upper 80s +, I seem to get this. The doctor said, move around, get the feet elevated, increase water, decrease caffeine, and stop caffeine and vape (if I can) when the tingling starts. I have decreased circulation in my foot anyway because I had a fracture in my ankle that didn't heal well and the tendon is rubbing over scar tissue. It swells and I can get tingling in my baby toe from that as well. This is about the same feeling except the whole foot on both sides. It's very slight, but enough that I noticed. It's also late at night after drinking coffee, sitting all day, and then chain vaping. The doctor thinks the nic I'm getting in 3mls of 12mg juice is probably not the main cause, it's just adding to what I'm doing to constrict my circulation throughout the day... and I'm noticing it at the time I'm vaping at night because it's compounding throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread