Tips for carrying e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

madog

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2008
Oregon - USA
My solution is this a bug box (about the size of an altoids tin for my goodies and a Maglight AAA flashlight case I can put in on my belt or safety pin it to my suspenders. I got the Mag Light Holster at Sportsman Warehouse on Sale for $2.50. Bug Box was 1.50 at the smoke shop.
madog-albums-pictures-picture78-suspenders.jpg
Saftey Pinned on my suspenders

madog-albums-pictures-picture75-bugbox.jpg
My Bug Box

madog-albums-pictures-picture76-mag-light-holster.jpg
What to Look for - Get the AAA size for just a pen style cig.The AAA size will hold two pens side by side if you got the AA holder it may be able to hold a few carts and some juice too.

Happy Vap'in :thumb:

I've just got my first e-cig (901 from Smokester, it's brill) and have used the rubber/foam insert in the cardboard box in an old hard-shell sunglasses case.

I had to cut the edges of the foam insert a bit to make it a snug fit, but now its great.

Because the glasses case is quite deep, I can get two complete e-cigs in a 1 hole slot, and two spare batteries in there too if I need to.

Also, theres room for cartridges. Very smart black little Gucci case, looks the biz!

jomari

Dec 14, 2008
San Jose, CA
i too hesitate to carry around my e-cig, fear of me breaking it and stuff, but im still learning! im trying to search thru the forum to help me out on things too. just sent out two pms to other colleagues on here (so sorry, cant post a new thread yet for some reason), to assist me.

anyone got any ideas on a smaller thin case? i was thinking the altoid case, but its a tad bulky. i know its about the size of a pack of cigs, but was hoping for something smaller.

thank you in advance!

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
If there are still suppliers around that order things (anything) from e-cig.com china, they can order lanyards from there for you, and you can buy it from the supplier. But it should be real easy to make a lanyard too of course... either from any sewable cloth on a sewingmachine, or use plastic, skai, or anything else that is pliable and glueable, and glue a lanyard together with kit/glue that remains plyable?

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
If there are still suppliers around that order things (anything) from e-cig.com china, they can order lanyards from there for you, and you can buy it from the supplier. But it should be real easy to make a lanyard too of course... either from any sewable cloth on a sewingmachine, or use plastic, skai, or anything else that is pliable and glueable, and glue a lanyard together with kit/glue that remains plyable?

Lanyards can be purchased from office supply stores. I use one to carry my e-cig around. The battery end just fits into the clasp and a rubber band around the battery keeps it from falling off.

Thanks
Brian

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I went to Dollar Tree yesterday. I found a neoprene case for a compact digital camera. It has a loop on the back to put it on a belt and it fits my fully assembled 901 beautifully and snugly. The 901 is just a little longer than the case is designed for, but not as thick, so the pliable, stretchable neoprene makes it possible - I mean to say that the same thing in leather would not work. I am currently using it to carry my 901 with a USB passthrough battery attached to a 4AA battery pack I modded for it. It fits great and has some padding to it. When I want a puff, I simply pull out the cig, puff away, then slide it back in. I have to say though, it was more convenient on the armband for my MP3 player than on my belt. I was better able to access it there, rather than trying to fight to see around my fat belly to fiddle with it on my belt.

brotha

Jan 27, 2009
Bellingham,WA,USA
I work in marine construction so I needed to keep my unit safe and dry.I got a clear Lexain tube just a little bit bigger than my cig. Got some caps for both ends, took some foam and made a stop at the bottom so when i put my cig in it stays in tight.I only carry my pen with me cuz of all my other tools and stuff I'm working with. It works great it floats is water tight it is pretty much crush proof,and it stays clean.I just pull it out flip the cap and vape without this case my cig wouldn't made it thru a single day

mikalares

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Kentucky USA
I use one of these: 89 Eyeglass Cords - Eyeglass Chains & Cords - Peepers Fun Reading Glasses. Hundreds of styles of designer reading glasses, reading sunglasses, Bifocal sunglasses, rhinestone reading glasses, and colorful eyeglass chains and cases. My female roommate has a pretty beaded one. The little rubber things just stretch over the battery and fit nice and snug.

When I'm using my usb pass-through I use one of these: Shirt Clip I keep a portable power pack: Kensington - Portable Power Pack for Select Mobile Devices - Black - K38021 in the pocket of my pants and I clip the shirt clip just a little higher than where my PV hangs from the neckchain. This helps to ensure that if the wire of the pass-through gets caught on anything, it will pull the clip rather than the delicate wire where it enters the end of the battery.

Hope this helps!

jburns

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
North Carolina
I am guessing Battery end down while carrying it in your pocket or whatever.
Makes sence if the fluid needs to flow TO the atomizer to keep it moist. At night I agree, take it apart and laying it down would be fine. Just My opinion so far.
I carry mine battery end up. My reasoning is there is only one part of the cig that can be harmed by liquid and that's the battery. I don't want liquid being gravity fed into the battery as I move around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread