• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tips on carrying around and using your juicebox properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
So, I've been seeing a few people try their juicebox for like 3 days before getting rid of it. The truth is, it took me almost a month to get everything down perfect. Everyone is different, but I'd just like to share some tips and tricks I've learned and picked up along the way.

First of all, the best way to carry it. Now, what I do if I'm wearing jeans is I'll take the mouthpiece out, and stick it in my little pocket above my right pocket along with a spare battery and usually a different flavored juice to drip. Then, I'll stick my juicebox upright in my big pocket and go along my way. I've never had any problems carrying it around like this, and when I need a hit, I just whip it out, put the mouthpiece on, and I'm good to go. No accidental switch firing, no accidental bottle pushing. This works great. If I was a woman, I'd probably just put it in my purse, as I've had this thing upside down, on its back, on it's face, and never had any leaking issues. However, I have lost my mouthpiece a few times.

If you don't notice, the mouthpiece is actually supposed to go all the way down until just the skinny part sticks out of the plastic. It takes a bit of force to get it all the way in, but you never have to worry about losing your mouthpiece like that, especially if you like to carry it around in your hand. Another benefit of having the mouthpiece down like that is it blocks off a tiny bit of airflow to increase the throat hit.

Most of us will find our own routine on when to pump the bottle, and how hard to pump. The general rule of thumb is to give it a 1/3-1/2 pump whenever the vapor tastes burnt. If you keep pumping it when you still have good flavor you run the risk of juice getting stuck in there flooding it.

For some healthy maintenance on the atomizer, it is good to run it at 6 volts with 2 rcr123a's once a week for a few hours. With all juices, but moreso VG-based juices, the atty does tend to clog up a bit and the juice cakes up in there. Running it at 6 volts will heat it up and melt it down to provide a cleaner, more powerful, and flavorful hit. Another thing, is if I know I'm going to be hitting it a few times in a row. I'll actually hold the button down for a few seconds before I inhale to pre-heat the juice and then keep it held down in between drags until I'm done.

These are just a few tips. I hope they help, and anyone can feel free to add their own here. If I run across anything else I find useful, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Also be on the lookout for my review hopefully soon. The sound on my camera is horrible, so I'm either waiting on getting my other computer fixed or a new cam to do it with. If I get really impatient, I'll just do a written review with pictures or something.

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
I've found attys hold up better to high volt after being used a while at 3.7. It seems like the deposits on the coil add resistance and help it from getting too hot at high voltage. I've popped brand new attys at 6v, but older attys seem to fair better and even improve in performance at high voltage.

Just my experience.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
I've found attys hold up better to high volt after being used a while at 3.7. It seems like the deposits on the coil add resistance and help it from getting too hot at high voltage. I've popped brand new attys at 6v, but older attys seem to fair better and even improve in performance at high voltage.

Just my experience.

This is with the Juice Box??

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
(...wow, had no idea that 6V was ok for it ever, or generally advisable. First I've heard of that being pulled off, tho I haven't read all JB threads, so much already by the time I even heard of it. Anyway don't have mine yet so yeah, never mind! ;) Thanks for giving help and tips!)

Anyway, just wanted to add an FYI that the thread in this subforum entitled "Vapor" was actually also for usage tips; I could repost the ones in there so far but don't want to end up confusing matters somehow so I'll just link it. Thanks to all you more experienced Juicebox owners who want to help others enjoy theirs! :thumb:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/juice-box-fans/70494-vapor.html

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
No, the JB2TL version atty is made to run at both 3.7 and 6 volts. Running at 6 constantly will shorten the life of the atty, though. It should still last longer than any other stock atty out there any way you use it.

I didn't know that. I thought it would blow the atty. Thanks for the info. :):):)

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
Question regarding the JB atty and certain juices. This one might be directed towards Clumsygirl. Does the atty hold onto certain flavors? For instance if I vape atomic fireball on the JB, will that flavor stick to the atty like it does other attys? Or can I switch to another flavor and be ok without tasting Atomic Fireball forever in my JB?

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
As with any atomizer, the vapor is much warmer, and it burns slightly more juice... but unusually as not with any other atomizer, it brings the flavor out a lot more. I'm not recommending running at 6v constantly. I'm just saying it's good to do so for a few hours once a week to burn out any excess that might be clogged up in there.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Question regarding the JB atty and certain juices. This one might be directed towards Clumsygirl. Does the atty hold onto certain flavors? For instance if I vape atomic fireball on the JB, will that flavor stick to the atty like it does other attys? Or can I switch to another flavor and be ok without tasting Atomic Fireball forever in my JB?

You can switch pretty easily. I also drip into mine when i just am trying other flavors...works great.

It's good to have extra bottles for different juices. You can blow out the extra juice inside the atty by covering the little vent hole just above the atty inside the box and blowing thru the mouthpiece. THis is what you do if it floods as well.

There definately is a learning curve to the Juice Box...but to me, its the ultimate vape. The taste is cleaner....and much stronger flavor to me. I have to actually tone down the flavor and nic while using it.

I do have a few problems with flooding mine occasionally..but that is purely operator error.

Wanted to add...i never use 6v with mine....i didnt think it was advised..I could be wrong here.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I also wanted to offer another tip on the Use of The Juice Box.

Sometimes when you keep flooding the atty...if you loosen the bottle just a little bit for awhile, and allow a little bit of air to get into the top of the bottle...the vapor will increase alot..and keep the atty from being flooded. YOu can vape like this for awhile, then screw that bottle back into the holder and it cleans it out really well.

Just from my experience...

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Info please:
Is this the correct battery for 6v operation of the JB?
Buy CR123 Batteries
There are both one use and rechargeable batteries on the page. Since you don't recommend running the JB at 6v for more than a few hours/week, I'm thinking the singe use ones might be the more thrifty choice. Your thoughts?

Oh, as you might notice from my sig, I haven't received mine yet.

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
Info please:
Is this the correct battery for 6v operation of the JB?
Buy CR123 Batteries
There are both one use and rechargeable batteries on the page. Since you don't recommend running the JB at 6v for more than a few hours/week, I'm thinking the singe use ones might be the more thrifty choice. Your thoughts?

Oh, as you might notice from my sig, I haven't received mine yet.

Those would be the ones.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Thanks. Good to know they were so easy to find. But, I guess I'll put off ordering. I already have two UltraFire 3000 mAh 18650's and charger with nothing to use them in. Beginning to wonder if I ever will receive my Juice Box. :mad:

Patience. There are people who have ordered 45 days before you that do not have it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread