• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tips on carrying around and using your juicebox properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
Right. I'm using all the tips here. I'm still having a problem with extremely harsh vape when its producing and or flooding=not much going on... Don't get me wrong I'm not discouraged yet. I know there is a break in time and learning curve. It has improved very slightly. I guess I'm mainly posting to confirm that this is the norm when it's new and that it is going to improve with time to a point of great tasting non burnt vape. lol :)

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/altsmoke/73528-6v-not-answer-high-drain-cells-answer.html Wonder if this would help the learning curve? I could use it on my GGTS (where a reg 510 with a 18650 battery is already wonderful) but am wondering if it would work on the JB.

By the way, I had a similar problem on a prototype juice box I was testing a couple of weeks back. The problem resolved after a few frustrating days, think it had something to do with the atty accumulating enough dried juice. It needed seasoning, if you will.

Dracorana

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Binghamton New York
Had mine for less than 24 hours and I guess I am lucky because after loosening the bottle some(only filled it about 1/3 of the way)I have no flooding issues, great vapor and the taste isn't too bad, tastes like new atty to be honest. I do a primer puff or two and that seems to do away with most of the atty taste so far.
Don't get me wrong though, the first hour was a pain, and with the flooding before I thought to loosen the bottle, I managed to get some red hot juice in my mouth...

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
Still quite "funky" tasting to me and the vape is very warm not cool as many others have described.

Yeah, just keep practicing you'll get it. I notice the vapor usually gets warm when it's low on juice. The atty's still breaking in, though. Keep at it for a few more days. If after a week or so it's not getting better, try running a constant burn at 6v for a little bit. That'll clear our your funky taste. Once it's fully broken in it's heaven.

mergryphon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Still quite "funky" tasting to me and the vape is very warm not cool as many others have described.

Tasted funky to me at first too, almost like a juice they used to test it was weird and fruity. Was like that for several hours, the next day now and its fine. Either needed breaking in or washing that old flavor out.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Tasted funky to me at first too, almost like a juice they used to test it was weird and fruity. Was like that for several hours, the next day now and its fine. Either needed breaking in or washing that old flavor out.

Speaking of which. Does anyone know who currently owns a JB if you can take the atty off and clean it?

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Speaking of which. Does anyone know who currently owns a JB if you can take the atty off and clean it?

Was wondering that myself; elsewhere I saw someone post: "...after I cleaned it out with alcohol it is fine." But unfortunately that seems to give no indication as to whether they actually removed the atty. Now, if by chance it's the case that for some reason s/he really 'couldn't' have been running alcohol through it while installed (I wouldn't know :p), maybe that can help fill in the blanks... On the other hand, quite a few ppl overall have mentioned an initial taste they looked fwd to getting rid of, yet the above was the only possible reference to removing the atty to do so that I've seen, which seems pretty implausible if that's what even just some ppl are doing...

So! In sum, never mind! :confused: ;)

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
OK... so another question. Does the atty get really hot to the touch for those that do at this point have one? Reason I ask is because of the suggestion to hold down the button and blow through the atty hole. Mine gets way to hot for me to hold my mouth on it while holding the button. Also wondering if mine is getting too hot and that's why it has the warm vape and burnt taste.

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
Miss Mia,
You can remove the atty from the box to maybe flush something through it. But as far as I can tell you can't really remove the atty from the bonding agent, tube and cap that the bottle screws into. Not to say that you can't but I don't feel comfortable enough to pull on all that stuff. Pulling the whole thing out of the box is np. Just back it down the hole that the mouthpiece sticks out of. There's also a connection from the switch wiring to the atty that can be disconnected to remove it entirely from the box.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
OK... so another question. Does the atty get really hot to the touch for those that do at this point have one? Reason I ask is because of the suggestion to hold down the button and blow through the atty hole. Mine gets way to hot for me to hold my mouth on it while holding the button. Also wondering if mine is getting too hot and that's why it has the warm vape and burnt taste.

Have you tried a different battery?

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL

You don't have to put your mouth ON the atomizer to blow through the little hole. :) In fact, you can just blow through the hole where you push the bottle if you're feeling lazy and don't want to take the faceplate off.

Spiker

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Santa Cruz Mountains
Just curious, but since it uses an 801 tip, has anyone tried a T-Tip from Super T on a Juice Box? I love them on my 510 stuff for sure, but I have had many instances of 'juice lips' without warning on the Box, so I was thinking that maybe the larger hole in the T-Tip may keep that from happening, but not sure it will fit. Even if no one has tried it, has anyone else had the 'juice lip' problem?

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Just curious, but since it uses an 801 tip, has anyone tried a T-Tip from Super T on a Juice Box? I love them on my 510 stuff for sure, but I have had many instances of 'juice lips' without warning on the Box, so I was thinking that maybe the larger hole in the T-Tip may keep that from happening, but not sure it will fit. Even if no one has tried it, has anyone else had the 'juice lip' problem?

Stormynights uses a T-Tip on the JB and likes it. Thinking there may be other(s) too, but the search in here doesn't want to hit on that term. I remembered stormy's quick reference to it in the thread called "Vapor," and it came up at least once in the Updates thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread