Tired of Prodigy killing atomizers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Voltage Kills Atomizers if you aren't careful ... Even if you are, you can still lose them quite easily.

801/4072's are the only atomizer I know of that perform optimally at high voltages ... that doesn't mean people don't love 510's/901's at higher voltages, 801/4072's are simply built a bit stronger ... you can sometimes see as much as a single ohm of resistance increase in pen atomizers due to their structure. You are seeing 4.75 - 5.25v with the Prodigy. If you are having problem killing atty's at that range, 6v can only get worse. Best bet may be to drop back down to 3.7v or, like a previous poster stated, get an 801 adapter and start using those on the Prodigy :)

EDIT: With that said ... I exclusively use an 801 on my Prodigy and a 510 on my Protege. I use my Protege roughly 75% of the day.

801 on a lower voltage device is weak IMO. 510/901 perform great at lower voltages ... and vice versa ... 801 performs best at higher voltage and 510/901 don't IMO ...

Again ... just opinion :)

Hi Steve, I am going to 3.7 simply for preserving my stash of attys. If I had more time and money I would try the 801. But, time is growing short I fear and I am committed to the 510.

Kevin

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
510 and 901 don't have the high voltage defective rate problem.
Never killed a 510 on 6 volts.

It's these bloody 801's that are fragile.

Too little juice, does not work.
Too much neither.
They get hot after 4 puffs.
Some have high airflow, some you need to suck like a desperate dirt devil to get any air.

I just take small 2 second puffs...keep it moist every 8 puffs or so with a few drops.
Blow atty out often.
And hope for the best !!

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I'm with doots. After I clean them, they die or just don't work right for a short frustrating time, then die.
My last time at cleaning was one that four months on it and it was still working great but I couldn't see the coils anymore. So I cleaned and it pretty much died.
I've decided to use them without abusing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread