Status
Not open for further replies.

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
Hi Zoey.
I was used to have an opinion like you. But since I got my provari and boge cartos (regular and low res). And carto tanks later, i am happily vaping away without minimum hazzle. All I need to do is punching boge cartos and filling tanks. No more adjusting this and that or experimenting something to work better. No hazzle in my opinion. I am tired fiddling with ce2 and clearomizers, atty tanks and so on. Sure some people are swear by their CE2 type or stardust or something. But they don't work for me. Different people needs different setups. So, good luck finding your own. Just don't give up.

Jamiedegno

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
Akron
I've tried regular cartos, fluxomizers, and the vivi nova tank. I like the vivi nova tank the best so far, but it does not make changing flavors easy. For me, not a big deal since I seem to like the menthol the best out of the 10-12 juices I've tried. I also use the Apollo Vtube mini and for me the battery life is just fine for my needs.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I'm not sure I understand some of the reasoning. You're willing to use a tank which looks mega strange to the uninitiated but, you're not willing to use a box mod. However, these are your requirements. My understanding of the reasoning behind them isn't needed.

The problem is that pretty much means you're out of the market for bottom feeders. However, it sounds like you want a bottom feeder or something like a VVPV. No filler....check if you use an atomizer (I do) Feeds reliably....check not a box mod...no check

You don't like clearos. That's understandable. Consider them beta test. They go through waaaay too many revisions to be considered full production.

I have a couple genesis coming. That's at least no filler but, they are kinda beta test too and there's a significant learning curve. You might want to look into them but, it sounds like you want an out of the box solution and I'm not sure they fit the bill.

ardelleg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Alaska
I smoked for 45 years so wasting money was second nature to me, I really never gave it a thought until I was almost 6 months in.

I have settled on Rivas with Chibi tanks and have been pretty happy with them for the last 6 months or so. The last couple of months I tried several different clearomizers but leaking and dry hits have sent me back to my Chibis..... don't want to fiddle with having to mod something to make it work......

Now when I vape and it doesn't quite taste just right I remind myself that for the last 18 months: I haven't burned a hole in anything, I haven't smelled like 2nd hand smoke, I haven't coughed every morning, I haven't had a sore throat. I tend to expect so much more from vaping than I ever did from smoking.

Smoking I was stuck with, without much choice. Vaping I can change up the flavor, the nic level and the delivery system at the drop of a hat.....

Not sure if this helped but I had :2c: burning a hole in my brain.......

Zoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
kansas
I'm not sure I understand some of the reasoning. You're willing to use a tank which looks mega strange to the uninitiated but, you're not willing to use a box mod. However, these are your requirements. My understanding of the reasoning behind them isn't needed.

The problem is that pretty much means you're out of the market for bottom feeders. However, it sounds like you want a bottom feeder or something like a VVPV. No filler....check if you use an atomizer (I do) Feeds reliably....check not a box mod...no check

You don't like clearos. That's understandable. Consider them beta test. They go through waaaay too many revisions to be considered full production.

I have a couple genesis coming. That's at least no filler but, they are kinda beta test too and there's a significant learning curve. You might want to look into them but, it sounds like you want an out of the box solution and I'm not sure they fit the bill.

I use tanks mainly at home, I currently have the Vivi Nova, and its good for home use. I used to have a DCT but I just didnt care for the filler material and the yuck factor when it gets dirty. I like to keep things cleaner. I can just rise off the Vivi Nova heads and let them dry, or just change them. If I am out I will take atomizer and carto. Yes I have found the revisions of the clearomizers to just be that revisions, and not a full product. However there have been a few I like predominantly bottom coils. Like the Kanger stardust style, but after a week the tank cracked. Maybe its because all I used is Menthol eliquid? But what I am getting at I would like better construction of items for durability, and I bought a few of the new Ego CC with screw on heads that you can change. Seems promising, but iv said that about many items lol. And I liking the fact the batteries are getting smaller and they are adding VV to it, I think that it is awesome. Hopefully it will be the standard from now on. For me as a woman I just find the smaller ecigs more easy do deal with and as being in the public I would like it to look as close to the typical ecig so people recognize it easier and there is less explaining because of incidents I have happen. One incident I was sitting in the car outside a police station because my husband went across the street to an antique shop. I was just sitting there minding my own business vaping away and a cop knocks on my window asks me what the hell I was doing......exact words...I was using a DCT at the time, anyway he tells me to step out of the Vehicle and I explained to him this was an ecig, he looks at me and he just laughs and hes like you kidding me, you expect me to believe that, etc etc, i told him to open the tank and smell it....LOL he did, hmm smells like menthol, and luckily I have some documentation with me to prove its an ecig. I asked him if the thinks I am that dumb to do something like that in front of the police station. :)

Last edited:

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
Surely this isn't just me. It seems like I have bought every kind of carto, atty, tank there is to buy. And none of them work without some type of issue either it be leaking, cracking, dull flavor, no vapor, burnt taste, etc etc. I see all of these new products that keep coming out and its still the same maybe slightly modified but not enough to really change anything. This includes batteries as well. I have spent tons of money on this and I feel somehow this may be done intentional since this is a new market and vapers are going to buy the products. I understand there are things that work for people that don't work for others. But any of you actually happy with what devices you have? And honestly is there something you have had that you didn't have to fiddle with or mod? I understand there is going to be a level of maintenance but I just think its getting ridiculous.

I would agree with you! Im tired of spending money also. I just got a vivi nova and hope it lasts awhile.

I would say, if you dont like fiddling with them .. I would just quit vaping and smoking all together. Should be way easier to quit now that your not addicted to your cig rituals anymore.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I agree there is no perfect delivery system, each has some issue. I love the idea of clearos but none of them work perfect I hate the plastic taste. Cartos are good but get so tired of topping them off. For me the best I have found is glass tanks, Boge Xl cartos punched on a Provari. They are the most satisfying for me. Takes alot of searching to find what works best! bnrk

MrsAngelD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2010
A, A
www.TheDallemagnes.com
I've been vaping for close to a year (just finally quit smoking for the second time and what I'm sure will be the last time). The other night I was having problems with the atty for my 510-T and after fussing with it and cleaning it, nothing seemed to work. Well I found in my collection an atty for a regular 510 and on a whim decided to slap a 510-T cart on it and see what happened. What I was expecting was a mouthful of juice, but what I got was the best hit I've ever had off my ecig in the whole time I've been vaping. I've been using it for 3 days now, and it's simply wonderful. So when I went to re-stock from cignot, I order some new 510-T attys but I also I ordered a 3 pack of regular 510 attys, I've got to see if this is just a one off or not. I really hope not because I'm really loving the experience I'm getting right now with this thing.

Last edited:

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
Hi Zoey.
I was used to have an opinion like you. But since I got my provari and boge cartos (regular and low res). And carto tanks later, i am happily vaping away without minimum hazzle. All I need to do is punching boge cartos and filling tanks. No more adjusting this and that or experimenting something to work better. No hazzle in my opinion. I am tired fiddling with ce2 and clearomizers, atty tanks and so on. Sure some people are swear by their CE2 type or stardust or something. But they don't work for me. Different people needs different setups. So, good luck finding your own. Just don't give up.

+1 from me. Provari was definitely my best purchase and I always use Boge cartos.

dcannon1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Savannah, GA
I started with an Ego setup. I tried dripping, cartos, Ego tank systems, mega ego cartos, clearos, and DC Tanks. None of it was amazing, but it was somewhat satisfying.

Next I bought a VV box mod. From there my obsession spread. I think I've had over $2k of PVs and accessories pass through my hands as I've bought, sold and traded various PVs and accessories.

After owning 4 different Provaris, a Reo, several high end mechanical mods, Buzz Pros, carto tanks, cartos and others that I can't remember; I am right now vaping a SB with a 1.5Ω 510 Atty with a drip shield and enjoying the hell out of it.

When I first started vaping I was all about wanting convenience. Now I am all about the vape. Once I got over the fact that carrying a 6ml juice bottle with me wasn't a big deal I was sold on dripping. Attys last forever (compared to other devices) and deliver awesome vapor/throat hit/flavor. I've sort of some full circle back to dripping.

Last edited:

plasticscones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Tropic
I started with an Ego setup. I tried dripping, cartos, Ego tank systems, mega ego cartos, clearos, and DC Tanks. None of it was amazing, but it was somewhat satisfying.

Next I bought a VV box mod. From there my obsession spread. I think I've had over $2k of PVs and accessories pass through my hands as I've bought, sold and traded various PVs and accessories.

After owning 4 different Provaris, a Reo, several high end mechanical mods, Buzz Pros, carto tanks, cartos and others that I can't remember; I am right now vaping a SB with a 1.5Ω 510 Atty with a drip shield and enjoying the hell out of it.

When I first started vaping I was all about wanting convenience. Now I am all about the vape. Once I got over the fact that carrying a 6ml juice bottle with me wasn't a big deal I was sold on dripping. Attys last forever (compared to other devices) and deliver awesome vapor/throat hit/flavor. I've sort of some full circle back to dripping.

which atties do you recommend for using with an ego?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Zoey, MWA said it, and he's the one that steered me to these: HH357...
They are a $23 atomizer, and when they first came out I snubbed my nose at them... hah; too expensive for a disposable atomizer, but when I did hear from MWA, I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong.

I had gotten to where everything I tried was not satisfying... and i've tried almost everything that MWA has (almost, since he is ahead of the curve; way ahead). My gear was working great, no problem there; tons of vapor, just no flavor (especially if you chain vape, you get a bit numb in the taste buds).

To make a long story short, since finding HH37's (get a V2) I have become bored with ECF; there is nothing that compares. Flavor is the high point, vapor is great. You just have to really know how to drip.

After finding HH357, all APV's are just power delivery devices; they can't provide any flavor. It's the atomizer end that you are talking about.
The first 3 I bought, I killed each one in 2 weeks.
But the flavor is so good, I was hooked. I sold about $400 worth of devices and accessories, and bought a doz 357's. I use 4 in rotation every day and 2 of them are on eGo batts with LR 1.5 HH357's, and 2 are on high end VV's.

I haven't been able to kill one in a month now. If you know how to drip they are a must. Find out what your juice really tastes like.

Zoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
kansas
Zoey, MWA said it, and he's the one that steered me to these: HH357...
They are a $23 atomizer, and when they first came out I snubbed my nose at them... hah; too expensive for a disposable atomizer, but when I did hear from MWA, I knew he wouldn't steer me wrong.

I had gotten to where everything I tried was not satisfying... and i've tried almost everything that MWA has (almost, since he is ahead of the curve; way ahead). My gear was working great, no problem there; tons of vapor, just no flavor (especially if you chain vape, you get a bit numb in the taste buds).

To make a long story short, since finding HH37's (get a V2) I have become bored with ECF; there is nothing that compares. Flavor is the high point, vapor is great. You just have to really know how to drip.

After finding HH357, all APV's are just power delivery devices; they can't provide any flavor. It's the atomizer end that you are talking about.
The first 3 I bought, I killed each one in 2 weeks.
But the flavor is so good, I was hooked. I sold about $400 worth of devices and accessories, and bought a doz 357's. I use 4 in rotation every day and 2 of them are on eGo batts with LR 1.5 HH357's, and 2 are on high end VV's.

I haven't been able to kill one in a month now. If you know how to drip they are a must. Find out what your juice really tastes like.

I think I will try one out even though my husband will probably kill me lol, iv tried 306's they are ok, just dont like the hot vapor :) And about mods and pv's I agree they are all the same, besides the bottom feeders. I have had a mod or two and it really wasnt any better than my Ego battery really. IMO. Its all what you got on that battery :D

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, the LR 1.5 is not a "hot" LR vape. I was.
Avoid dry hits, but don't overfeed; that's the trick.
I think I will try one out even though my husband will probably kill me lol, iv tried 306's they are ok, just dont like the hot vapor :) And about mods and pv's I agree they are all the same, besides the bottom feeders. I have had a mod or two and it really wasnt any better than my Ego battery really. IMO. Its all what you got on that battery :D

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Finding the perfect vape seems to be a bit elusive. Ranks right up there with the fountain of youth, unicorns and the pot o gold at the end of the rainbow (which by the way would come in handy trying out all the new stuff). I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not find any of them and am just staying with what I started with....an ego type. Not sure if this will help but you're not alone.

Zoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
kansas
This is why I posted the sort of rant if you wish. I just got the Ego CC, the clearomizer with the changeable heads in. I filled it and absolutely get no draw from it, I can hear it sizzle but nada. Even tried removing the silicone cap on the top, still nothing. UGH....however my imist atty is working great at the moment. I like it, and it seems pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread