Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertogee

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
You probably speak for every vaper, Zoey.

I started, nearly 3 years ago, on a V4L kit. Came highly recommended. Instantly got me off analogs and onto ecigs. I really liked it. Explored flavors for maybe six months, finally found one I really loved. Vaped it exclusively for nearly 2 years, still using V4L ecigs. (Since then I've found four more flavors I truly love.)

Earlier this year, ordered the Titans from V4L. They lasted longer than their regular ecigs. Tried tanks on 'em. LOVED the tanks, but was going through tank cartridges about every 2-3 days. Learned (from ECF) that the Titans really weren't strong enough (voltage) for the tanks and that's why they weren't lasting as long as I expected.

So I researched and then ordered some kGos. 1100 mAhs. REALLY love those. (Still do).

During that research, natch, I started looking at the Provari. That's what I finally ordered, about six weeks ago. Took nearly 3 years to get here, but there's all the difference in the world between the Provari and everything else. It's the iPhone and iPad of ecigs, as far as I'm concerned. Sleek, beautifully designed and manufactured, well thought out and complete, simple.

The Provari, at last, let me try every device I have, to see which I truly like the best. No more guesswork. (Will this juice be better in that device on a different battery, etc?) Because of the Provari's variable voltage and its ability to check the resistance of your filled carto, Stardust, tank, or whatever, you know instantly where to set the voltage (multiply the resistance by 2.5 volts, some great techie in one of these threads suggested, to get a safe "high" voltage level for that device, and start with that).

With the Provari, I was able to rapidly cut to the chase and decide which devices worked best for me. The Provari's constant voltage (until a recharge is necessary, which it blinks to tell you) is wonderful. No flavor change, or change in TH or vapor production, from first vape to last. No burnt tastes, ever.

Forget attys and dripping. Not for me.

Here's what I like, in order. Tanks with single coil standard or high resistance carts (2.0-3.0 oHms) at around 4.5 volts. Stardusts near those same oHms. Cartos at the same oHms. That's it. No more wasting time and $ (unless something radically new comes along to try, I guess).

I still occasionally use the kGos. They're in black satin finishes and look less formidable than the Provari (also in black satin) when out at dressier occasions, or if I'm concerned about taking the Provari (and dropping or losing it) where I plan to go. The kGos last me about 1 day on a charge. (The Provari lasts me about 1.5 days per charge.)

But, basically, after 3 years, the Provari genuinely delivers what I always wanted in vaping. Reliability, convenience, perfect vaping no matter which of my favored devices or juices I use on it.

Would I have spent $200 on a Provari kit in the beginning? No.

SHOULD I have? Yes. It would have saved me a bundle. Except the Provari wasn't invented when I started. And I wouldn't know for myself how much better Provari is than everything else. (As for those who use "expense" as an excuse, I've never understood it. A carton of analogs is $60 or more. 3 or 4 cartons--and I was buying analogs from an Indian reservation store in Palm Springs--and you've paid for a Provari. It's a false thrift excuse, as far as I'm concerned.)

Even with everything I've bought and tried, including the Provari, after 3 years I know EXACTLY how much vaping costs me per day--including juices. $1.50 per day. Compared to (conservatively) $10-$15 per day for my former 2+ pack a day habit, vaping is 1/10th the expense for the same (actually MORE) pleasure and satisfaction.

So in answer to your original question atop this thread, yes I have found what is, for me, the perfect vaping system and I thoroughly enjoy it!

Good luck!

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I understand where the OP is coming from. Sometimes stress reduction is why we vape, and the last thing we want is more aggravation. While I'm a gadget freak, and love to tinker, I still subscribe to the keep it simple stupid philosophy for "those times". So even tho' I might be using the most goodied out PV you can imagine there is still a simple old 5v PT permanently attached to my desk, and you will almost never catch me without a SD keyring hanging from my neck.

Sometimes back to basic simplicity is the best answer.

Last edited:

karmakatie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 8, 2011
    MO
    I would have to say to the OP, I felt your pain.....even after I found something that was trouble free for the most part I kept searching for better and found more headaches and lost money instead.

I would suggest the following:
    Bottom Feeder-the 2 best out there are Reo's and Vmod XL's
    18650 Battery-all day vaping with plenty of power and warmth
    Atomizers!!!!- I have found nothing to compare for flavor and favor-I use Avid vapers cisco spec 1.5ohm.

The above combos have been consistent in vape quality and time....I got sick of messing with stuff and trying to get it to work, only to be ticked that I had waisted my money again! There are some good marketing tactics out there promising the next best greatest thing, I do NOT believe the hype anymore and vape happily and only refill the PV in the mornings with a fresh battery and top of my juice, once every 2 weeks I give the mod a bath....that is it!!

I want to note I do own both the Reo and the Vmod XL and appreciate them both very much!

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    Honestly I've liked every APV I've owned. I do prefer some more then others. Was fortunate enough to try a few without purchasing and decided they weren't what I wished to invest my money in. I never found the need to try every new carto or atty or tank to hit the market but I have tried quite a few. I keep my fiddling to a minimum and I dont mod my cartos or attys.

I find different setups meet my needs best for different things I do in my life. Grabbing my bottom feeding Hogmod when running out the door means I only need to grab one thing and with an extra atty in my purse at all times just in case the one I'm using dies, is the easiest way to meet my vaping needs when out of the house. When I have to be in meetings all day and can not openly vape I still enjoy my ego with a resurrector carto stuffed in my pocket for quick vapes when I can find the time. I prefer dripping so when at home I can often be found using my Buzz Pro or vv Woodie or Omega with a Joye atty and drip shield attached. My newly aquired Zenesis Mini with its rebuildable atty means I dont have to purchase attys and will be able to rebuild my own when needed. Not to mention the great flavor of my juices in the built in quartz tank.

We are all so different in our preferences and needs but it is possible to find setups that work well with little to no fiddling or modding.

Last edited:

NGIB

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2012
    Hinesville, GA
    Aren't we all?

While we search for what works for us, we'll buy lots of stuff that doesn't - nature of the beast I think. As what constitutes a "good vape" is personal and subjective - no amount of advice really helps and you have to experiment on your own. My hardware acquisition has slowed now that I've found systems that fit my life and soon it'll be just juice and expendables for me...

Pappy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 15, 2012
    Dallas, Tx
    I'm only about 1.5 months into vaping, but I think I've found what will make ME happy for a while at least.

I just got my Apollo V-Tube and some Vivi Nova tanks yesterday. These tanks are great. Easy to fill, no leaking, rebuilable (just screw off an old coil head and screw on a new one), and you can buy metal tanks for it if you use juices that crack plastic tanks. I've seen people talk about muted flavor and the draw being too tight or too airy, but the darned thing just works great for me.

I've only been using it less than 24 hours, so who know how I'll feel in a week. But for right now, this thing is the bomb.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2009
    Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    See I dont look at it as wasting money, keep the cream of the crop PV's that work for you and over time you will end up acquiring a nice group of PV's, and sell or pass on the ones you dont like. This way you always have something good to pick up to vape. I keep about 25-30 always set up and with a different flavor in each, this way I can rotate through my different daily juices without having to mess with changing Attys or juice bottles in mods. :)

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

Zoey

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    kansas
    Thank you everyone for your input. To clarify some things. I have been vaping close to two years. I started out with standard batteries and attys, then got into the cartomizers, now tanks, and clearomizers. I usually do significant research on items I have purchased based on reviews from several different places. Such as the vendors website, ecf, video reviews, and blogs. I have purchased one or two mods. But I waited for a smaller VV device. Like the Ego-C twist to come out. Which I am somewhat happy with other than the switch issues. What I am mainly addressing here is the inflow of products coming into the market, that are being revised and sent right back out with little changes to them. I guess I am somewhat picky in what I want as far as vaping is concerned. My ideal setup would be a filler-less tank system, that will work and fit on a ego battery. I am aware of the imist atty, as of right now that I'v heard looks promising but back to the issue. Any single filler-less tank I have came across leaks, or lacks in flavor, or burnt flavor. I am not anywhere near inexperienced in moding, or maintaining my hardware. I am a busy person and deal with the public on a daily basis and live in the midwest where vaping is not as common. So some of the devices simply are not going to work. I can't see myself holding a box mod and vaping that in public here. So I just wish they would spend more time on quality of the items to make sure they work for more than lets say a few days? Does this not sound ideal? I'v had some cartos, and then work great but didn't stand up to durability and only lasted a few days. I won't continue to buy things that will break on a consistent basis. I would pay more for them if I new they would work for at least two weeks without breaking. I stopped smoking for health reasons and the cost. But to me the cost seems to be almost more than I was smoking.

Last edited:

babemomlover

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 23, 2012
    Ann Arbor, MI
    SWEET BABY JESUS.
    That's a lot.
    I'm totes mcgoats jealous.
    How long have you been vaping for?

What's ur favorite tank? atty? mod/APV? (just wondering)
    Looks like you're digging them Reo's.

See I dont look at it as wasting money, keep the cream of the crop PV's that work for you and over time you will end up acquiring a nice group of PV's, and sell or pass on the ones you dont like. This way you always have something good to pick up to vape. I keep about 25-30 always set up and with a different flavor in each, this way I can rotate through my different daily juices without having to mess with changing Attys or juice bottles in mods. :)

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 14, 2009
    Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    Thank you everyone for your input. To clarify some things. I have been vaping close to two years. I started out with standard batteries and attys, then got into the cartomizers, now tanks, and clearomizers. I usually do significant research on items I have purchased based on reviews from several different places. Such as the vendors website, ecf, video reviews, and blogs. I have purchased one or two mods. But I waited for a smaller VV device. Like the Ego-C twist to come out. Which I am somewhat happy with other than the switch issues. What I am mainly addressing here is the inflow of products coming into the market, that are being revised and sent right back out with little changes to them. I guess I am somewhat picky in what I want as far as vaping is concerned. My ideal setup would be a filler-less tank system, that will work and fit on a ego battery. I am aware of the imist atty, as of right now that I'v heard looks promising but back to the issue. Any single filler-less tank I have came across leaks, or lacks in flavor, or burnt flavor. I am not anywhere near inexperienced in moding, or maintaining my hardware. I am a busy person and deal with the public on a daily basis and live in the midwest where vaping is not as common. So some of the devices simply are not going to work. I can't see myself holding a box mod and vaping that in public here. So I just wish they would spend more time on quality of the items to make sure they work for more than lets say a few days? Does this not sound ideal? I'v had some cartos, and then work great but didn't stand up to durability and only lasted a few days. I won't continue to buy things that will break on a consistent basis. I would pay more for them if I new they would work for at least two weeks without breaking. I stopped smoking for health reasons and the cost. But to me the cost seems to be almost more than I was smoking.

Zoey, I understand where your coming from, and as of yet know one has reall put out a real Atty tank that is inexpensive and doesn't leak, Drew from NHaler just released an Atty tank called the Reactor tank which runs a DC Atty, it's not bad at all but doesn't push the same flavor of say a good reg LR 510 Atty but does work, , that said there are Box mods that are seriously small too that hold 3ml = Reo Mini, The Sargent Mod, and maybe a few others that cant even be seen in your hand hardly when vaping, this may be an option for you, both of these are super with a HH357 1.5ohm Atty on top. I don't see the big difference myself of holding a tube Mod, 1000mAh Ego Twist, or a small box Mod, either way people that don't vape are going to look at you strangely.:glare: All in all there are quite a few good systems out there now with feeders, and some seriously great electronics from Evolv and Provape, the Provari Mini may also be an option for you, and if you havent tried a HH-357 do so there a great Atty as is the I06 from Ikenvape,,,,, and the newer style stardust Cartos are pretty good too

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2012
    mn

I'm VERY new to this...so maybe I am misunderstanding. But, "breaking" and wearing out of cartos, tanks and such...aren't those considered consumables? I know with proper care a carto can last a while longer than intended, but they aren't meant to last forever. The consumables by my math seem to be very reasonable for what you get. The core components and finding what works for you can sure add up, but carto cost to me is like juice cost...it just is part of the game.

WCSR

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 26, 2012
    Earth

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg
    I can hear it now...

"Hi... My name is mwa102464...and I'm a PV addict. I don't really plan on kicking this addiction, I'm just here because I was in the neighborhood, and I had an hour to spare. Carry on... I'm all ears." :D

Zoey

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    kansas
    Maybe I will try more expensive item choices like the hh357 and look into some of the smaller mods. I am reasonably fine with the Ego batteries, but they do have issues. I understand after 6 months of use its going to. But I bought 2 of the Ego-c Twist Batteries, one was DOA, and the other the switch messed up after using it 3 days, and I had bought them from Ovale. Yes cartos are consumables they are throw aways but they should last at least a week I would think. I would like to see more tanks, tank style cartos like the stardust be made with better plastic and metal. With no filler material. I really don't think that is good to be vaping it, but thats MHO.

Zoey

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    kansas
    SWEET BABY JESUS.
    That's a lot.
    I'm totes mcgoats jealous.
    How long have you been vaping for?

What's ur favorite tank? atty? mod/APV? (just wondering)
    Looks like you're digging them Reo's.

Really? GEEZ that is a lot of stuff! My collection of 5 ego batteries, a box mod looks sad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread