to all the modders question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unseenhero66

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Marietta GA
im not really trying to slain anyones mods here ive done my own and had my own failed mods but this question has been nailed to the back of my head for about a month now so i gotta ask

why the hell do you all keep putting the buttons or switches on the bottom of the mod away from a comfortable holding position i mean i have a 901 magnum mod that i made only it uses the battery pack that came with it so it runs 3.75v perfect voltage that doesent burn too much juice plus i get 3000mah thats 3.0ah anyways im just wondering why everyone perfers putting your buttons/switches on the bottom of your vape mod where it seems inconveinient

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Maybe it's the easiest solution for some who are restricted on proper tools to place the button in a more convenient place? Maybe it's the case they are using that makes it inaccessible to place it in a more convenient place or maybe, it's as simple as preference. What may seem to be an awkward placement for you, may not be so for the person making his/her own personal mod.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
It's a matter of personal preference for me. I like a small mod, so space inside plays a key role. The larger switches are more comfortable - they don't leave indentations on your fingertips. I have tried putting the switch next to the atomizer, but wanted the atomizer recessed, so the switch had to be moved to the only space not taken by the atomizer and the battery. I have a couple of Magnum mods just like the one you are describing with the original battery packs. They simply feel too phallic to me, especially the way I have to hold it with the button at the top. The nice thing about modding is that you CAN have it YOUR way.:D

mogur

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Top? Bottom? Took me a second to figure out you were talking about front/rear or ahead/behind. Couldn't visualize getting my thumb on TOP of a mod.

My absolute requirement is a LED that I can see. I want to know exactly when the circuit is activated. Maybe that will change as I get used to manual pushbuttons, but so far, I've found myself sticking the end of a commercial ecig near something that will reflect the LED glow, usually my hand, because I want to see when the air flow switch works, and whether the micro is cutting off the puff.

Yes, THEN the switch just behind the LED.

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Top? Bottom? Took me a second to figure out you were talking about front/rear or ahead/behind. Couldn't visualize getting my thumb on TOP of a mod.

My absolute requirement is a LED that I can see. I want to know exactly when the circuit is activated. Maybe that will change as I get used to manual pushbuttons, but so far, I've found myself sticking the end of a commercial ecig near something that will reflect the LED glow, usually my hand, because I want to see when the air flow switch works, and whether the micro is cutting off the puff.

Yes, THEN the switch just behind the LED.

I like LEDs too, although on the manual P/Ts I make for personal use I generally just skip it, because I'm lazy when it comes to making things for myself.

I always mount the magnum LEDs 90* counter-clockwise of the switch though, so when a righty is holding it and pushing the button with their index/middle finger the LED is plainly visible and in your line of sight.

With the NicoStick style, the best is seems to me is to have the switch top of the narrower side of the box, operated by thumb.

Just finishing one with a touch contact instead of a switch - so much easier. Will maybe do a vid once it's complete; just need to finish the battery connector. Trying to find a good way to connect to the flat Li-ion batteries as used in cameras and cellphones as I have lots of these.

ps: the touch switch I've designed can handle something like 50A! And has an on resistance of just 0.02 ohms. Yet is no bigger than your average mechanical push button.

Last edited:

unseenhero66

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Marietta GA
With the NicoStick style, the best is seems to me is to have the switch top of the narrower side of the box, operated by thumb.

Just finishing one with a touch contact instead of a switch - so much easier. Will maybe do a vid once it's complete; just need to finish the battery connector. Trying to find a good way to connect to the flat Li-ion batteries as used in cameras and cellphones as I have lots of these.

ps: the touch switch I've designed can handle something like 50A! And has an on resistance of just 0.02 ohms. Yet is no bigger than your average mechanical push button.

you have my interest............... when you make a vid give a lil detail as to how it works please?

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
kinabaloo, I will definitely be looking forward to the vid. The touch switch is something I've wanted to incorporate in my mods for while now....but lately, I've just been too busy to work on it.

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
I personally prefer the button to be operated by thumb, myself.
100_2657.jpg

100_2670.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread