Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Here's why TC extremists had to push out the #curbit atrocity:
IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Support for Indoor Bans on Electronic Cigarettes among Current and Former Smokers

• nobody innately supports indoor bans for the cure for smoking
  • "[bans] were most strongly endorsed when perceptions of addictiveness and health risks were high."
  • Therefore: #curbit was launched to create the false perception of risk for vaping, which is actually more than 1000x safer than smoking and quite likely safer than regular SanFran air

Do note: "perception" of risk is not the same as true risk, it's just a manufactured image shaped to support the TC militant extremist agenda and their intended perpetuation of smoking to justify their own parasitic existence.

HOLY CRAP!!!
You mean they waste taxpayers dollars to create a false perception of risk, so that the (thus misled) public supports their bans?
HOLY CRAP!!!
And they are spending the tax dollars of American citizens to push this lie?

This does not happen often, but I am speechless. (At least I cannot find anything to say that would be remotely printable).

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Here's why TC extremists had to push out the #curbit atrocity:
IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Support for Indoor Bans on Electronic Cigarettes among Current and Former Smokers

• nobody innately supports indoor bans for the cure for smoking
  • "[bans] were most strongly endorsed when perceptions of addictiveness and health risks were high."
  • Therefore: #curbit was launched to create the false perception of risk for vaping, which is actually more than 1000x safer than smoking and quite likely safer than regular SanFran air

Do note: "perception" of risk is not the same as true risk, it's just a manufactured image shaped to support the TC militant extremist agenda and their intended perpetuation of smoking to justify their own parasitic existence.

This is beyond disgusting. A telephone survey of perceptions of 265 people counts as research with implications for public health policy? I thought public health policy was based on scientific research. Silly me. If they can give such a piece of garbage validity, how can they discard all the #IMPROOF and vaper success stories as anecdotal? Hypocrisy replaces the Hippocratic oath.

The 265 people are those in the Golf club or Bridge club don't you know! They didn't go out and actually poll people who vape or even some random passerbys on a city street but their own cronies! "Hey Phil what I should put down for your niece and nephew?"

What should urk you the most however is no vaping within 20ft of a boarding platform for subway or trolley car which is in the wide open air. Here I've tasted vaping different flavors on different batteries or devices with different tanks, etc. at times and had to blow clouds in order for someone standing only 5ft away to even get a whiff of the flavoring at all!

This is never about the actual science but the one thing not being mentioned is "APPEARANCE"! You can't have people vaping in no smoking areas due to HOW IT LOOKS! :Hey how come these people can smoke their ecigs but we can't light up?" And yes the term SMOKE is applied to e- "Cigarette" automatically! Now it they had been marketed as Personal Vaporizers instead someone might say "hey go vape off somewhere will ya?!" But since that one word comes in and vapor resembles what SMOKE looks like it can't be allowed. It would taunt the No Smoking image they want to portray.

In the mean time focusing on the SF issue at hand even the FaceBook side has been getting Cubit trashed a bit lately! Especially with the "Gateway for Teens" crap we have been tearing it down. Some good artizles as well as some research papers as well as telling them to do some actual research into the actual data already out there should make them be the ostrich forced to pull their heads out of......

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
The roots of the #curbit atrocity have been dug up by vaping activists on Twitter. The CA desk murderers under direction from criminal mastermind glANTZ, defrauded the tax payer of $75MM for the murderous lies in those posters.

https://twitter.com/StefanDidak/status/557501298493239296
https://t.co/a67XLK7WHo

Full documentation here: http://dryhit.com/exposing-cdph.zip Many thanks to Stefan Didak

B7ykeg3CAAIStzc.png large.jpg

Here's my version of #curbit poster corrected to reflect reality. Took 5 mins and $0 of taxpayers money.
Curbit4.jpg

Last edited:
You should have heard the statement someone made when I happened to mention the SF garbage going on and how people were flinging back when in conversation about another report about CA 's new proposal! California’s Public Health Lies About E-Cigarettes Will Kill Smokers | The Daily Caller

I heard all about the PHARMACEUTICALS being behind what is going on in SF! That comes as no surprise since all those $$$ millions had to come from somewhere!

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
It says right on the poster the money comes from TMSA payments - it is tobacco money. Sorry, the picture quality was degraded when I uploaded it to ECF.

That being said, I'm sure Pharmafia has been lobbying alongside glANTZ for the #curbit atrocity, but make no mistake - this is 100% instigated and orchestrated by glANTZ.

Well regardless of just who is behind it all we know what they are! Their bottom line is one thing only and ecigs coming in from China as well as other places in addition to what is made domestically tromps all over the profits for all that "stuff that never works but they keep selling it to you anyways!" garbage! Big T has their own stake in wanting to manipulate the market place in their favor while Big Pharma as well sa all those uninformed(if not paid off ho ho ho) Anti smoking blonders want ecigs GONE!

But there is only so much they can do by law due to what happened when the FDA tried to ban them years back when a federal court ruling classified ecigs as none medicinal devices right when the FDA tried detaining shipments from getting into the country.. This is why the "You must be made SCARED S__less" of them propaganda war continues!The FDA at first was simply acting on a precautionary basis as ecigs were the new kid on the block at the time and not anything approved before being sold in the states. What you are seeing now however is malicious due to corporate greed over the general wellfare of the populace as well as imposing on civil liberties to some extent while even vape shop owners will understand the need for certain places being off limits as well as Big T already knowing that since the 19th century.

opm2008

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2014
Singapore
e-cigs needs a new image and perhaps the first steps is to stop calling them e-cigarettes! Or anything associated with the C word or T word (tobacco). After all, it is a different process and devices, why associate it? I understand that novelty wins and introducing the heritage products were needed to lure traditional smokers to the product. If we can head towards two distinct groups, smokers and vapers, perhaps there would some distinction. We have B tobacco and traditional anti-smokers trying to kill vaping. We gotta get one of them on our side or kick them both to the kerb. Just thinking out loud ...

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
e-cigs needs a new image and perhaps the first steps is to stop calling them e-cigarettes! Or anything associated with the C word or T word (tobacco). After all, it is a different process and devices, why associate it? I understand that novelty wins and introducing the heritage products were needed to lure traditional smokers to the product. If we can head towards two distinct groups, smokers and vapers, perhaps there would some distinction. We have B tobacco and traditional anti-smokers trying to kill vaping. We gotta get one of them on our side or kick them both to the kerb. Just thinking out loud ...

The issue with the name of the product has been debated on ECF for as long as I've been a member. While it's unfortunate that it creates a bad image in the mind of non-smokers and ANTZ, it's also a necessary evil that helps current smokers understand the purpose of the product. For the ANTZ, it doesn't matter what they're called because they simply have a puritanical (and monetary) investment into eradicating the product, and they will not yield, ever.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Has that been proven?

As far as I am aware the e-cig blood plasma levels of nicotine are far more like an NRT one (gradual increase followed by slow levelling off) while the cigarette blood plasma levels spike very high very fast, followed by rapid decline. This may be partly due to tobacco additives to increase the absorption of nicotine (I understand ammonia is one such additive used). But the only studies I saw were a few years ago. Some research done by Intellicig led to them offering 45mg juice a few years ago, as this apparently more closely matched the nicotine levels achieved through smoking, however an Intellicig is a very early e-cig design. I'm not sure how much work (if any) has been done with high power e-cigs of today. I've no idea what the levels would be like on someone vaping 6mg juice from a dripper at 100w would be like, or 18mg juice on a rebuildable tank at 15w for example... I don't think that has been studied by anyone (yet).

I agree with SJ in that we need to be wary about putting stuff like that out there unless there is really good research to back it up.

EDIT Just as a side note some might remember there was a story released a few years ago that e-cigs delivered NO clinically significant dose of nicotine and that e-cigs were a placebo. The study was done with some low quality e-cigs with never before vapers taking very short timed puffs... You'd think that would appease the naysayers because if they don't deliver nicotine, how can they be addictive, right? Well no, the naysayers just said the study proved that e-cigs were "ineffective" and therefore should be banned anyway...

Why do you think ANTZ have started putting garbage out there in the first place? Research like Dr. Farsalinos's is ongoing for ecigs now. Some vendors are following AEMSA responsible and sustainable practices and process for the safe manufacturing of e-liquids used in e-cigs. TSNA's and other carcinogens are getting weeded out. These things don't go unnoticed except by the mass media. It's just not as interesting as a report that a child was poisoned by some careless parent leaving eliquid laying about where the child could drink it. Then the Poison Control statistics come out. Fruit for the nanny state.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
The issue with the name of the product has been debated on ECF for as long as I've been a member. While it's unfortunate that it creates a bad image in the mind of non-smokers and ANTZ, it's also a necessary evil that helps current smokers understand the purpose of the product. For the ANTZ, it doesn't matter what they're called because they simply have a puritanical (and monetary) investment into eradicating the product, and they will not yield, ever.

ANTZ feel morally obligated to wiping out tobacco..That is why they see no harm in lies and deception. The worst kind of zealot!

Last edited:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
ANTZ feel morally obligated to wiping out tobacco..That is why they see no harm in lies and deception. The worst kid of zealot!

I believe that is true of the foot soldier ANTZ (the useful idiots). However, I also believe that the upper brass ANTZ are much more financially motivated and morals play little to no role in their zealotry.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I believe that is true of the foot soldier ANTZ (the useful idiots). However, I also believe that the upper brass ANTZ are much more financially motivated and morals play little to no role in their zealotry.

Morals play a big role in their propaganda, but yeah - no part of their actual motivation or thinking :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The FDA at first was simply acting on a precautionary basis as ecigs were the new kid on the block at the time and not anything approved before being sold in the states.
The FDA was not acting on a precautionary basis in the beginning.
In fact they didn't seem to care at all about electronic cigarettes at first.

It was actually the Alphabet Soup that got on the FDA to "do something" about this new scourge.
And it is likely Big Pharma funding and urging the Alphabet Soup that seems to have started this war.

I can dig up some old-timey information on how this all went down if you want.
Or you can just believe me and save me some time and effort.
:D

But trust me, the Alphabet Soup started this.
And that probably means Big Pharma really started this.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The FDA was not acting on a precautionary basis in the beginning.
In fact they didn't seem to care at all about electronic cigarettes at first.

It was actually the Alphabet Soup that got on the FDA to "do something" about this new scourge.
And it is Big Pharma who funds the Alphabet Soup and likely urged them to start this war.

I can dig up some old-timey information on how this all went down if you want.
Or you can just believe me and save me some time and effort.
:D

But trust me, it's true and it's documented.

Define 'Alphabet Soup'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread