Tobacco control terrorists launch attack against vaping in SF

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other news!

CBS just had a nasty report on their web site I countered with some actual research articles! "E-cigarette vapor filled with cancer-causing chemicals, researchers say" http://www.cbsnews.com/news/e-cigarette-vapor-filled-with-cancer-causing-chemicals/

The actual research shows a totally different line of actual scientific facts not Fear mongering false propaganda. "A fresh look at tobacco harm reduction: the case for the electronic cigarette" HRJ | Full text | A fresh look at tobacco harm reduction: the case for the electronic cigarette

"CALL FROM DOCTORS, HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS AND SCIENTISTS IN SUPPORT OF ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES. As physicians and health professionals we see everyday patients who are severely affected by tobacco smoking, many of whom will eventually die or have their health severely affected despite our help and advice. Tobacco smoking remains the most serious public health issue in the world." https://sciencecig.wordpress.com/move/

"Another alarmist and deeply misleading story about formaldehyde and e-cigarettes is about to break. I hope that health reporters are wising-up to this sort of scientific voodoo. I have just written to the corresponding authors, and I would like to share my open letter. I will link to their letter in the New England Journal of Medicine once the embargo has passed and the letter is published."
http://www.clivebates.com/?p=2706#comment-50427

Effect of Smoking Abstinence and Reduction in Asthmatic Smokers Switching to Electronic Cigarettes: Evidence for Harm Reversal

IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Effect of Smoking Abstinence and Reduction in Asthmatic Smokers Switching to Electronic Cigarettes: Evidence for Harm Reversal

Nothing like hitting them right between the eyes!

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
In other news!

CBS just had a nasty report on their web site I countered with some actual research articles! "E-cigarette vapor filled with cancer-causing chemicals, researchers say" http://www.cbsnews.com/.../e-cigarette-vapor-filled-with.../

The actual research shows a totally different line of actual scientific facts not Fear mongering false propaganda. "A fresh look at tobacco harm reduction: the case for the electronic cigarette" HRJ | Full text | A fresh look at tobacco harm reduction: the case for the electronic cigarette

"CALL FROM DOCTORS, HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS AND SCIENTISTS IN SUPPORT OF ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES. As physicians and health professionals we see everyday patients who are severely affected by tobacco smoking, many of whom will eventually die or have their health severely affected despite our help and advice. Tobacco smoking remains the most serious public health issue in the world." https://sciencecig.wordpress.com/move/

"Another alarmist and deeply misleading story about formaldehyde and e-cigarettes is about to break. I hope that health reporters are wising-up to this sort of scientific voodoo. I have just written to the corresponding authors, and I would like to share my open letter. I will link to their letter in the New England Journal of Medicine once the embargo has passed and the letter is published."
http://www.clivebates.com/?p=2706#comment-50427

Effect of Smoking Abstinence and Reduction in Asthmatic Smokers Switching to Electronic Cigarettes: Evidence for Harm Reversal

IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Effect of Smoking Abstinence and Reduction in Asthmatic Smokers Switching to Electronic Cigarettes: Evidence for Harm Reversal

Nothing like hitting them right between the eyes!

I'm impressed! :w00t:
Hit 'um where it hurts me thinks. Good work Night Hawk. ;)

I'm impressed! :w00t:
Hit 'um where it hurts me thinks. Good work Night Hawk. ;)

I hope CBS at least read through the links provided since the moderator didn't allow that to be posted in the comment column! I suspected it wouldn't but got the point across about doing some actual research into things before reporting on them! A friend told me that he saw another similar bogy on an NBC afflilate about toxins in ecigs earlier likely during the evening news hour.

I wasn't in doubt since ABCNews had an almost identical report at the same time CBS was! The post there also got nuked by the moderator since it had fewer links but enough to make the point about my disappointment about seeing this type of reporting! Lab Tests Imply Formaldehyde Risk in Some E-Cigarette Vapor - ABC News

You have to remember who the main sponsors are besides car companies! Big Pharma! Disney does a lot of Big Pee pee ads!

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
I hope CBS at least read through the links provided since the moderator didn't allow that to be posted in the comment column! I suspected it wouldn't but got the point across about doing some actual research into things before reporting on them! A friend told me that he saw another similar bogy on an NBC afflilate about toxins in ecigs earlier likely during the evening news hour.

I wasn't in doubt since ABCNews had an almost identical report at the same time CBS was! The post there also got nuked by the moderator since it had fewer links but enough to make the point about my disappointment about seeing this type of reporting! Lab Tests Imply Formaldehyde Risk in Some E-Cigarette Vapor - ABC News

You have to remember who the main sponsors are besides car companies! Big Pharma! Disney does a lot of Big Pee pee ads!

Yeah..I think this is relevant to your point:

:lol:

It was interesting that a friend came out with what he had hearing in reports saying "Hey I've been hearing about what they are finding in those things!" where I replied back explaining what you were seeing is the BS being spread not the actual science. I then mentioned I had collected a number of valid research studies from medical universities that show the real facts!

The largest issue is that what people see in the media they tend to accept at first glance never looking into it further! They take these reports af face value only while those who have spent time vaping have often invested a bit more time doing some of their own research to understand what they are getting into. I had also mentioned that the media never digs up any of the actual stusies to make cross comparisons of Truth vs Fiction and that they have any references to the actual research articles brought forth in these reports.

Now here's one for the books! In contrast to the other major network reports and the New England Journal for Crock and Bull stories there's the new FOXNews segment! http://video.foxnews.com/v/4007895304001/gutfeld-new-e-cig-study-goes-up-in-smoke/?#sp=show-clips

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
It was interesting that a friend came out with what he had hearing in reports saying "Hey I've been hearing about what they are finding in those things!" where I replied back explaining what you were seeing is the BS being spread not the actual science. I then mentioned I had collected a number of valid research studies from medical universities that show the real facts!

The largest issue is that what people see in the media they tend to accept at first glance never looking into it further! They take these reports af face value only while those who have spent time vaping have often invested a bit more time doing some of their own research to understand what they are getting into. I had also mentioned that the media never digs up any of the actual stusies to make cross comparisons of Truth vs Fiction and that they have any references to the actual research articles brought forth in these reports.

Now here's one for the books! In contrast to the other major network reports and the New England Journal for Crock and Bull stories there's the new FOXNews segment! Gutfeld: New e-cig study goes up in smoke| Latest News Videos | Fox News

You really have to hand it to Gutfield .. no matter what your opinion of FNC is..he's on our side..Great link..I saw it as it was being broadcast. ;)

Well FOX isn't owned by Disney or Big Pharma but simply a large independent network separate from the Big Three! They don't have to saturate the air waves with Big Pharma ads for Cialys and Chantrix! I think this is one of the reasons why they are more tolerant of factual reports over the usual BS conjures!

jonny45378

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Arizona

Does anyone know at what voltages they were testing at and at what ohm load? Because without those and the time it was on makes a big difference.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Does anyone know at what voltages they were testing at and at what ohm load? Because without those and the time it was on makes a big difference.

Ever smell nail polish while someone was putting it on? That nice little "make you barf" ordor is mostly coming from the formaldehyde levels in that stuff. It's other purposes include embalming fluid a mortician uses, a disinfectant, and not something found in general vaping unless exceeding what any clearomizer or tank would generally handle since most would automatically know if something is simply too hot from where they have things set! You find it in smoke and auto exhaust as well as in Methanol. A full description of just what is can been looked over at WikiPedia. Formaldehyde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Formaldehyde is an organic compound with the formula CH2O or HCHO. It is the simplest aldehyde and is also known by its systematic name methanal. The common name of this substance comes from its similarity and relation to formic acid.

A gas at room temperature, formaldehyde is colorless and has a characteristic pungent, irritating odor. It is an important precursor to many other materials and chemical compounds. In 1996, the installed capacity for the production of formaldehyde was estimated to be 8.7 million tonnes per year.[4] Commercial solutions of formaldehyde in water, commonly called formol or formalin , were formerly used as disinfectants and for preservation of biological specimens. It is also used for the embalming of human remains. It is commonly used in nail hardeners and/or nail varnish.

In view of its widespread use, toxicity and volatility, exposure to formaldehyde is a significant consideration for human health.[5] In 2011, the US National Toxicology Program described formaldehyde as "known to be a human carcinogen".[6][7][8]

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Ever smell nail polish while someone was putting it on? That nice little "make you barf" ordor is mostly coming from the formaldehyde levels in that stuff. It's other purposes include embalming fluid a mortician uses, a disinfectant, and not something found in general vaping unless exceeding what any clearomizer or tank would generally handle since most would automatically know if something is simply too hot from where they have things set! You find it in smoke and auto exhaust as well as in Methanol. A full description of just what is can been looked over at WikiPedia. Formaldehyde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes..I smell it every time I paint me toes red...bwahaha!
At this point the ANTZ in media will latch onto anything negative about vaping to appease their sponsors and get kickbacks. I'm sure more of this nonsense will emerge as the new testing Dr.F is doing shows more positive results. It won't go unnoticed.

Oh you can believe there'll be plenty more .. Airhead Fabrications to come! One report just is where one drug company's top exec admits that ecigs have cut into the market place for patches and gums! GlaxoSmithKline boss admits rise of e-cigarettes is a threat but rules out entering the market | The Drum

The reality is this cuts through the chase getting right at the bottom line of how much potential $$$$$ they are and will continue to lose out on as vaping numbers continue to grow! The drug companies depend on people being sick not healthy!

"oooo I'm losing it! Thanks to Chantrix! oooooo..."
CHANTIX MADE MY DAY.jpg

Who cares how many die! We need lifetime customers! We can't have just healthy people running around. We'll be out of business in no time!

You could easily visualize something similar to that being discussed in some board room somewhere as the sales exec displays a chart showing a drastic decline in sales of the usual BS they market! As more positive reports get out as well as word of mouth on the social networks the impact of the BS stories will tend to lessen over time like the recent studies showing less kids would turn to smoking after trying an ecig! That put a big damper on the "Gateway for Kids" tall tale telling rather quickly where now they rehashing old news with a new twist in order to reach for straws!

susanlinda823

Moved On
Oct 15, 2014
Dallas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread