Tobacco Flavor & Teddy Bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I was a heavy smoker, and had no problems quitting using 3mg nic. Took me about a week to fully switch to vaping from smoking. My wife and sister-in-law also did the same. I know a lot of people that quit and never used anything over 6mg. It can be done if you want it.

Sure, and I know people who quit cold turkey without vaping ... it can be done if you want it ... so perhaps we should cap it at zero or just ban it altogether because it obviously isn't necessary?

People are different, smoke and vape differently (high wattage, low wattage, DL, MTL, etc), have different nicotine tolerances, and should have the choice to find what works best for them.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
When I was a teen, I used to hate the taste of alcohol and cigarettes. But guess what, I still did it every weekend because it was “fun” (mentally facepalming myself at my teen self).

I'd add, for some, that both of those taste harsh (as does coffee), it is a kind of rite of passage into adulthood.

People grew tobacco plants, and smoked or chewed long before pre-rolled cigs were available. It tasted like tobacco.

It is just preposterous to believe that taking away fruit/candy flavors will make any difference.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
I'd add, for some, that both of those taste harsh (as does coffee), it is a kind of rite of passage into adulthood.

People grew tobacco plants, and smoked or chewed long before pre-rolled cigs were available. It tasted like tobacco.

It is just preposterous to believe that taking away fruit/candy flavors will make any difference.

It’s clear to see that this is just an excuse to take down a threat. Vaping is a threat to so many pockets (healthcare and tobacco, I’m looking at you), that they just had to take advantage of the recent issues. How convenient.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I was a heavy smoker, and had no problems quitting using 3mg nic. Took me about a week to fully switch to vaping from smoking. My wife and sister-in-law also did the same. I know a lot of people that quit and never used anything over 6mg. It can be done if you want it.
Must be a total nic per day thing...I think most that quit at 3mg usually are chain vaping larger amounts of juice per day and probably starting out dtl, big rigs, and higher wattages. I guess its possible to quit using 3mg mtl and only using 3mls per day, but not as common....probably works out the same however, either way new vapors need so much nic per day, so doing 5mls at 18mg is kind of the same as 30mls at 3mg. I do think juice makers kind of push the latter however, as they really make most of their money selling juice.....

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Must be a total nic per day thing...I think most that quit at 3mg usually are chain vaping larger amounts of juice per day and probably starting out dtl, big rigs, and higher wattages. I guess its possible to quit using 3mg mtl and only using 3mls per day, but not as common....probably works out the same however, either way new vapors need so much nic per day, so doing 5mls at 18mg is kind of the same as 30mls at 3mg. I do think juice makers kind of push the latter however, as they really make most of their money selling juice.....

When I quit I was going through probably 6ml a day DL (two tanks full that held about 3ml). My use increased after I quit and started making my own juices.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
When I quit I had pneumonia for 3 months straight, and I was barely capable of inhaling through a straw honestly. Also smoking 3 ppd and I needed higher nic. Maybe not obscene amounts.

However, since nicotine poisoning is rarely fatal (it is somewhat self regulating unless you drink the stuff) I am also ENTIRELY opposed to freaking regulation of any kind including Juuls. Teens do dumb stuff, life goes on.

My first episode of "drinking" I just grabbed the FULL bottle of liquor from the cabinet and decided I would drink it all (Drambuie as it so happens.) I have NO clue how much of it I drank but it was more than 2/3 I believe. I bypassed the vomit reflex and went straight into a blackout. My parents arrived and took me to the ER for alcohol poisoning. Sure, I totally could have DIED but they pumped my stomach (I don't remember, really) they hydrated me so I wasn't even that hung over the next day.

The worst consequence for me was having to go to like counseling for 6 months with this utter hag of a desiccated woman. I refused to talk to her, even with her oh so determined sallies like, "Do you like to play Uno?" and "What bands do you like?" She was sixty,. seriously. It was horribly pathetic.

SO it ALMOST ruined counseling for me, but fortunately I found a good one later and now I am a GOOD one so I deal with revolting little teens like myself by saying, "Your parents sent you here to get better. I'm perfectly happy to write notes while you sit there and sulk every week. Your choice. I will give you NOTHING to do, and we will continue as long as is needed, so either way I win. Let me know when you have an honest statement to make, and we will start.."

But, it also ruined not alcohol but Drambuie and those of you who have drank the smallest amount,, ever, know it is not hard to ruin. There was a REASON that bottle was full..

Yeah, I could have died. Uh huh. Kids die every day. Sorry. That doesn't mean we child proof the universe. You can only do so much. The sun will go supernova someday and there is no childproofing THAT..

I could also jump off a cliff if I "really wanted to and tried hard enough." That doesn't make it a good thing to do, and if you THINK it is, and you just went and did it, I'm not going to follow your lead, because I am NOT you.

"Tried hard enough" does not necessarily mean a thing is good to do. Or should be regulated into existence. We aren't lemmings. We are individual persons (I sometimes don't believe it but I do TRY. Please don't let your post make me lose faith in humanity again.)

Anna

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
... I am also ENTIRELY opposed to freaking regulation of any kind including Juuls. Teens do dumb stuff, life goes on...

Yes, they do dumb stuff, and are going to continue to do such stuff, just as most of us did, and future teens will Life goes on. We already have a law that prohibits teens from buying smokes, booze, e-cigs. That is enough. Adding more laws on top of that, when even that first law cannot be enforced, teens will find a way, is just more government overreach.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Laws are to prevent the majority of law abiding citizens from doing stuff. Teens are sort of inherently disgusted with the law. You could engage in public e-cigarette HANGINGS, and there would be a bunch of teens in the audience, trying to stealth vape.

This is how it IS.

The government knows this, which is actually what is stymying them a bit I think. They know if they make ecigs "too appealing" (and they already are, kinda) then there will be teen backlash and ex teen smokers trying the forbidden vape.

But, the also want vaping gone, period.

IDK the way I see it they are between a rock and a hard place (the government.)

I also do not EVER know how flavors came up in a generation of YOUTH who like to video tape themselves eating TIDE PODS.

A little tobacco flavor will not be an issue.

Anna

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
What is so screwed up is we want laws where adults can smoke, drink, etc. But we also fear what? Our teens becoming adults. It is going to happen anyway. Your 16 your old is going to be 18 soon enough. They are just breaking the eggshells, as they should.

You should be thankful that your kid is an early adult vs trying to tell them they must be my Teddy Bear boy or girl.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The sun will go supernova someday
Once again, I must wax pedantic to point out the our sun is not big/massive enough to go supernova. It will become a red giant and turn the Earth into a cinder, but that's a slow process, not the violent explosion of a supernova. Obviously, we need to get off this rock well before that happens.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I was a 2+ pack a day smoker and I smoked them feverishly, they did not sit in an ash tray burning away between puffs, that would be "wasting". lol I wanted to quit badly... had tried the patch, gum, etc but could never kick the habit.. When I first started vaping, I needed to start with 36mg, I needed that much or I was bouncing off the walls. I have no idea how someone can start with 6mg, it boggles my mind.

Over the past 12 years I have slowly weaned myself down to 18mg (I just went from 20 to 18mg on my last batch I mixed and I know I am chain vaping more than usual as I don't feel as satisfied). I do plan to continue to cut down over time even more so that way my 13.5L stash of 100mg will last my wife and I the rest of our lives.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I was a 2+ pack a day smoker and I smoked them feverishly, they did not sit in an ash tray burning away between puffs, that would be "wasting". lol I wanted to quit badly... had tried the patch, gum, etc but could never kick the habit.. When I first started vaping, I needed to start with 36mg, I needed that much or I was bouncing off the walls. I have no idea how someone can start with 6mg, it boggles my mind.

Over the past 12 years I have slowly weaned myself down to 18mg (I just went from 20 to 18mg on my last batch I mixed and I know I am chain vaping more than usual as I don't feel as satisfied). I do plan to continue to cut down over time even more so that way my 13.5L stash of 100mg will last my wife and I the rest of our lives.

I've tried 6mg and it is too much for me, 36 sounds like lunacy in my opinion. I smoked 2 packs a day as well. No ash tray burners either. On my 15 minute smoke brakes I would smoke 3-4 cigarettes every time. Still, 3mg was plenty enough to do its job.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I've tried 6mg and it is too much for me, 36 sounds like lunacy in my opinion. I smoked 2 packs a day as well. No ash tray burners either. On my 15 minute smoke brakes I would smoke 3-4 cigarettes every time. Still, 3mg was plenty enough to do its job.
You're a much stronger person than I am.

Back in the 80's and early 90's I could smoke at work and by the mid 90's and early 2000's I was self-employed... so I rarely in my life ever had to go more than an hour without smoking... and now vaping. I find it difficult to get past an hour. I sleep with my vape in my hand and wake up multiple times throughout the evening as well (I used to smoke in bed, not the smartest thing ever). I admit I am an addict. lmao

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
You're a much stronger person than I am.

Back in the 80's and early 90's I could smoke at work and by the mid 90's and early 2000's I was self-employed... so I rarely in my life ever had to go more than an hour without smoking... and now vaping. I find it difficult to get past an hour. I sleep with my vape in my hand and wake up multiple times throughout the evening as well (I used to smoke in bed, not the smartest thing ever). I admit I am an addict. lmao
I feel ya. I've quit jobs because I couldn't smoke often enough. I started working for myself because of it. I smoked in bed and would wake up to smoke a couple times at night too, still do to vape. But now I can go hours without vaping when I need to without stress, and do it often.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Gasp. People are all different in their nicotine consumption and quitting needs.

That's why I say no regs on nic, it's not that hard.

Also, like, I think some of it is just... I have no clue. I quit when I did for a lot of reasons but if I had to DL I would no longer be lunging at all.

Hence the tragic nature of things to come. Some people may quit, but a lot less on closed tobacco pod systems than otherwise, probably.

I suppose NO I was gonna say reasonable regulation but there ISN'T any because we are ALL different.

Salts were useful tos start at 19 mg to start because my respiratory system was shot. And no I do not feel that I have somehow "sinned."

Freebase tastes better IMHO but salts were quite fine for me to start.
Anna

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread