Tobacco smokers to pay 50% more for Obamacare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
We need to ensure that they define tobacco user as someone who smokes combustible cigarettes, since other users have a >99% reduced harm factor by using ST or e-cigs!
That shouldn't be too hard. Let me call the golf course and see if I can get you a tee time with the President. And while you are at it, ask him to please respond to the petition! Ha!

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Seeing as Obama was a smoker, I just don't see him in any thing brought up in any study, article, or other wise proving our President is anti e cig. I truely get weary of the "Obama" bashing. Its amazing how many strange coralations as to what is proposed and peoples interpretations as to "This is whats going to happen to us". I am a member of CASSA and find it disturbing how hell bent some members are about correcting my opinion. Is this the E-Cigarette forum, or the Conservative E-Cigarette forum?

Aproximately 50% of the U.S. is Republican, 50% Democrat. (no insult ot independents, greens, ect., ment) Lets not verbally push out half our support.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Seeing as Obama was a smoker, I just don't see him in any thing brought up in any study, article, or other wise proving our President is anti e cig. I truely get weary of the "Obama" bashing. Its amazing how many strange coralations as to what is proposed and peoples interpretations as to "This is whats going to happen to us". I am a member of CASSA and find it disturbing how hell bent some members are about correcting my opinion. Is this the E-Cigarette forum, or the Conservative E-Cigarette forum?

Aproximately 50% of the U.S. is Republican, 50% Democrat. (no insult ot independents, greens, ect., ment) Lets not verbally push out half our support.
Political Humor is always a tough one, as someone almost always doesn't find it funny. This was a bit of Friday afternoon fun not looking to offend. Additionally the humor came from a supporting Democrat. I have learned from my time on this forum that it seems for a change, the liberals are not so liberal, when it comes to e-cigs and tobacco harm reduction. Something that is disappointing to me.
Additionally this fight is nothing but political in many ways.

Last edited:

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
I too am surprised that the libs are not pro e cig. ala harm reduction.:ohmy:

Sadly as a kid I had to hear my neighbor spout out racist jokes that were crueley put to make sure certain people "new their place" and then defended as just "Friday afternoon fun". We know the "know your place" rutine, and excuses that go with it.

Again, this is E-Cigaerette Forum.

I have a tough skin. I used to be a boxer. I've heard my share of trash talk. But I think this should be a place of bringing e cig people together. Offensive weather ment or by mistake will only serve to divide us.

If you poke a lion long enough it will bite. It is sad E-Cig Forum continues to have its members constantly telling its other members they are polliticaly on the wrong side of the fence. Liberals will eventualy get tire of signing things, and writing letters, and becoming involved, just to be called on the carpet for their other pollitical beliefs.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Just trying to figure what someones income has to do with the cost of a health plan?

Well, gee. I've been trying to figure out what someone's income has to do with whether they live or die when something adverse happens to their health.

It shouldn't have anything to do with anything.......but it does.

Why do poor people receive sub-optimal health care, have poor access to health care, screenings, etc?

This is a question that any truly compassionate human being wonders about.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

I brought that up in an earlier post. I imagine there are quite a few vapers in each camp and making this vaping thing a partisan issue is just devisive and serves noone.

However, people have been "taught" to be devisive nowadays, by the radio talk show hosts, etc. on both sides. They live to get people at each other's throats........you know, we the people? United we stand divided we fall?

Either get together or get divided. That's the choice. Stop listening to them. They don't care about you. People you bond with will care about you.

It's AMAZING what magic happens when you start to look for COMMONALITY with others
....instead of always beating the devisiveness drum.

I have come to feel sorry for those who have allowed politicians only looking for their own power to give them these terrible perspectives.

Last edited:

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I too am surprised that the libs are not pro e cig. ala harm reduction.:ohmy:

Sadly as a kid I had to hear my neighbor spout out racist jokes that were crueley put to make sure certain people "new their place" and then defended as just "Friday afternoon fun". We know the "know your place" rutine, and excuses that go with it.

Again, this is E-Cigaerette Forum.

I have a tough skin. I used to be a boxer. I've heard my share of trash talk. But I think this should be a place of bringing e cig people together. Offensive weather ment or by mistake will only serve to divide us.

If you poke a lion long enough it will bite. It is sad E-Cig Forum continues to have its members constantly telling its other members they are polliticaly on the wrong side of the fence. Liberals will eventualy get tire of signing things, and writing letters, and becoming involved, just to be called on the carpet for their other pollitical beliefs.
I agree with you in part.
I Believe we are ALL here for the same reason and ARE on the same team. And for the politics,many politicians on both sides of the isle stand for their own personal gain. This is the problem. I have no problem calling out either side if I smell a bunch of crap! Its disgusting to hear about who gets their campaign dollars from tobacco companies etc.... As I said earlier, politics do get involved. Our representatives are the people we are relying on to make a decision (and many decisions) that so many of us are very passionate about. It's is a sad reality. Furthermore, it is unfortunate, that no matter how much we may demand, and how right we may think we are, some of our reps will never be swayed. I agree, this is E-Cigarette-Forum. This is also a thread that is discussing EXACTLY these political concerns. From my experience here, most of the political talk in these forums is kept in the Legislative and General News Section where IMHO it belongs. If you want to see more harmony here, and in politics, It has to start with our politicians. Our Congress cant get together on anything period. Though I am not THAT old, this is the worst I have ever seen it. Though this is partly what makes our democracy. Nobody is shouting racial slurs here for Friday afternoon Fun. If you read the threads, you will notice some who have voiced thier own strong political opinions, put them aside, to fight for ALL of us. And no matter where they stand I am grateful to have them here.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
If I remember correctly, There have been some questionable transplants as well! Might take me some time to think of some examples. I know criteria is supposed to be met in order to receive one and in some cases that had seemed to be overlooked. I guess that is really a whole different topic

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
My Link: Click Here

DISCLAIMER

I_THINK_zpsdd5344d5.jpeg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
May be this is to simple,As far as the 50% penalty goes when you fill out the form do you smoke or use tobacco? I will do what the FDA and government does, I will LIE! LIE! LIE! DENY! DENY! DENY! Remember its not a LIE if you believe it,(George Castanzia)

Lying might work on health insurance, but a life insurance policy taken out as a non-smoker can be denied at death if it can be proven that the deceased smoked after taking out the policy as a non-smoker. If you are discovered during a health insurance audit I don't know what the ramifications could be. You would certainly be charged during the next cycle as a smoker or refused coverage for providing false information. That information could travel through the system tied to your SS number and haunt you for decades.

Cotinine testing is commonly used to determine usage. My life insurance company sent a nurse to my house to draw blood for my cotinine test.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
My health insurance test for nicotine was scraping the inside of my cheek- this was 15 years or more ago. I had quit smoking for several days before the test (trying to pass it)...and I passed. I started smoking again as soon as the agent left our house. For health insurance, they made me pee but this was for drug use as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread