Too early for provari jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

12monkey21

Mar 18, 2013
Milwaukee,WI,USA

You are a terrible enabler, but that's a good thing in my book. My biggest dislike about my current setup is battery life and tank with wicks. I figure if I replace both of them why not just go to tried and proven result.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Try an ego Twist or Spinner first. That way you can get familiar with vv.

If you want to go variable but aren't sure about putting that much money into it, the VAMO is definitely a better option than any of the variables in that price range like the Twist, etc. The VAMO is Power Regulated, variable wattage and comes with a 5 amp switch so you can use any attachment you want. Models like the Twist are only VV with a much weaker and limiting switch. Plus the batteries for the VAMO cost 2 - 3 times less than the Twist, etc batteries. I would take a hard look at the VAMO for $40.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I'm a card carrying member of "Enablers R Us"!

The Twist and Spinner have their place, but I'll be honest here. I didn't really notice that much with them. Yes..the voltages changed, but it didn't give me the "WOW" factor. I even have a LavaTube and it failed to dazzle me. It wasn't until I tried a VV Gripper and then the Ovale V8 that I finally understood the big appeal of the variable voltage. I don't have a Provari...but have to assume that it will deliver the WOW. If you can afford it, then you can satisfy that curiosity and have a PV that will last. If you want to keep sampling new toys after that...fine. But you'll have a solid weapon in your arsenal with the Provari, regardless of what you get or don't get in the future.

Now if ProVape came out with a box mod with the Provari innards and build quality....I'd be on it like white on rice!!!!!

Last edited:

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
If you want to go variable but aren't sure about putting that much money into it, the VAMO is definitely a better option than any of the variables in that price range like the Twist, etc. The VAMO is Power Regulated, variable wattage and comes with a 5 amp switch so you can use any attachment you want. Models like the Twist are only VV with a much weaker and limiting switch. Plus the batteries for the VAMO cost 2 - 3 times less than the Twist, etc batteries. I would take a hard look at the VAMO for $40.

+1 for this. I've only been vaping about a month myself and I got a VAMO and I freakin love it! I also have a twist and it just doesn't compare IMO.

FogHawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
KY
I want to know if it is worth it to just take the big jump forward for a provari to enjoy my new hobby?

Was it worth it for me? No doubt about it. I wish I'd done it sooner. Would it be worth it for you? IMO you're the only person who can answer that question. From all I read before I dropped the coin for mine buyers remorse seems extremely low to nonexistant w/the ProV tho, so chances are very good you'll enjoy it.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
Honestly? It really doesn't matter if you buy the Provari now or later-you will eventually. You've been bitten by the bug. I started with a regular eGo, went to the eGo twist, then jumped all in with the Provari less than 2 weeks ago. I'm still using all 3 devices for certain purposes, and am already thinking about my next mod. Every device has a purpose, and you always need backups. I can tell the Provari will be my workhorse, but what if it needs to go to the shop? I'm going to need another mod to take it's place, at least temporarily. Or then there's the fact that the box mods look interesting. Maybe I just want to add to my collection at some point.......I second (or third, or whatever) the idea that you should go with the twist first. It will allow you to see if VV is all that it's hyped to be. Some folks love it, some don't need it. Go from there, and whatever you decide, VAPE ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread