Too many uneducated

Status
Not open for further replies.

timinftl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale
What if a big majority is vaping, and you cut smoking down to around 5 cigarettes per day ~ is that still destined to cause serious health issues?

God I hope not, went back to analogs for 2yrs and once again I vape to stop 3 pack a day habit. My lungs are so happy with me now lol...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
What if a big majority is vaping, and you cut smoking down to around 5 cigarettes per day ~ is that still destined to cause serious health issues?

For me, continuing to smoke while vaping would probably lead to a renewed desire to smoke again. Once I got rid of the smokes I never wanted another one. I did smoke a few a day while I was learning about vaping. One day I realized that since vaping I had gone from 2 PAD down to several cigs a day and I could probably quit smoking completely. I finished my last pack and didn't buy anymore. That was easy as long as I had my vape. My last smoke was in 2010 and I haven't wanted a cigarette since then. I don't even think about it.

avremele

Jul 29, 2019

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
People sometimes ask me when I'm going to quit vaping. I tell them that I didn't really want to quit smoking, but smoking was destined to cause serious health issues. Vaping is much safer and it does satisfy the desire to smoke, but without nearly the health concerns. They ask about all those news articles that point out dangerous chemicals in the vapor. We all know that most of the concerns are over high temps creating Acrolein and buttery flavors with Diacetyl. If you stay away from iffy flavors and keep the temps in a reasonable range vaping isn't something to worry about, especially compared to smoking, IMO.
For me, continuing to smoke while vaping would probably lead to a renewed desire to smoke again. Once I got rid of the smokes I never wanted another one. I did smoke a few a day while I was learning about vaping.
Yes, agree, but not sure if folks are addressing the question re-posted in the middle of your posts directly above. Everyone knows that smoking is bad for health, especially over 1+ PPD, and "serious health issues" are highly probable.

What I'm asking is if the majority of previous smoking is replaced with vaping, but you continue smoking "around 5 cigarettes per day", if highly likely serious health issues are lessened or mitigated. IMO I'd assume "YES", but googled and tried to research this, and many articles say "NO" or iffy at best. FIY ~ here's a couple of those articles in case anyone might be interested:

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
What I'm asking is if the majority of previous smoking is replaced with vaping, but you continue smoking "around 5 cigarettes per day", if highly likely serious health issues are lessened or mitigated.
Any cigarettes you don't smoke improve your odds of avoiding health issues.
Is it better to smoke 5 a day instead of 20 or more? There's no doubt in my mind.
Would it better to vape exclusively and not smoke at all? Yes, surely.
Would it be even better to neither vape nor smoke? Clearly.
We each do what we can.

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
I didn't read through the whole article. From the little that I read, he doesn't seem to be ranting about health issues; just giving some cleaning advice and keeping himself relevant. I wish him good luck in all of his honest business endeavors.
Agree with the business & marketing aspect but IMO there's no way in heck that vaping leads to leaving residue on furniture, floors, ceilings, clothes, etc, and that implication might be a disservice.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Agree with the business & marketing aspect but IMO there's no way in heck that vaping leads to leaving residue on furniture, floors, ceilings, clothes, etc, and that implication might be a disservice.
I suspect it makes a difference how someone vapes. If a person plays human fog machine all day, I think it might leave noticeable residue on some surfaces.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My front windshield begs to differ here. VG absolutely leaves a residue, how much of one depends on your juice and vape style.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
i approach, and boldly ask...

why aint you vapin?

blah, blah, blah generally follows.

i close out the convo with... been five years, and only costs me a hundred every 4 months. period.

Well, yeah, sure, AT, but you gonna die just like all those kids with that poison and pipe
bombs and stuff!:shock:

• Agree
Reactions: AstroTurf

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
For me, continuing to smoke while vaping would probably lead to a renewed desire to smoke again. Once I got rid of the smokes I never wanted another one. I did smoke a few a day while I was learning about vaping. One day I realized that since vaping I had gone from 2 PAD down to several cigs a day and I could probably quit smoking completely. I finished my last pack and didn't buy anymore. That was easy as long as I had my vape. My last smoke was in 2010 and I haven't wanted a cigarette since then. I don't even think about it.
Me too, exactly like that. Like a baby bird in the nest, not yet fledged, I vaped while smoking, then smoked while vaping, just learning the ins and outs of vaping, the options for procurement, equipment, flavors, for carrying it outside the home, packing it, vaping in public, all the while using both crutches. The day came when I loved vaping and did not want to be a smoker any more. I flew out of the nest, never looked back, never had another cigarette from that day to this. My flight date was the Saturday after Thanksgiving in 2012. I woke up the next day knowing I was a nonsmoker. I still very often feel it's a miracle to wake up as a nonsmoker.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
The only residue I've noticed from vaping is an eventual light haze on the inside of the windshields of my vehicles if I don't spray a little Windex often enough. It's more noticeable driving at night.
My liquid is 80pg/20vg and I have never experienced the interior windshield issues some vapers have spoken of. I do think that always, even before vaping existed, the interior windshield and windows have to be cleaned now and then, of dust, moisture condensation that dries up and then occurs again the next day and daily when the exterior temperature is different than the interior temperature, of the steam flying out of fast food containers (I like eating in the car, my bad). Any kind of moisture will combine with the dust, pollen and particulates you can never stay ahead of, and eventually film the interior glass in the car and in the home. Whenever I face the assertion that "vaping causes this or that...", I make the comparison with life before vaping. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread