Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Well if I'm going out for the day I make sure I leave with a full battery in my Pico (3000mah) and make sure the kayfun is full,dats about it.If I were going on a weeks holiday,it'd be 2 mods,2 Kayfuns 2 thirty ml.bottles of juice and 4 batteries and my Xtar charger.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I put one in my fasttech cart but read about spitting and auto-firing issues so I've been hesitant. I would like a tiny think I can throw in my bag. From looking at the coil, it looks like spitting could be definitely be a problem.
Never had these issues with either of mine.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
I keep looking at those ultra tiny things but can't really decide. My problem is that I'd like one with a large enough battery ( 900+ mAh), easily (or at least doable) rebuiltable and refillable, with a very tight draw. Most meet one or at most two of the criteria, even marginally, but not all three.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
The answer is a resounding yes to the Nautilus 2. Meets my MTL clearo needs spot on!

IMG_20170321_174026.jpg

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I put one in my fasttech cart but read about spitting and auto-firing issues so I've been hesitant. I would like a tiny think I can throw in my bag. From looking at the coil, it looks like spitting could be definitely be a problem.
I've heard the same... picking up the iCare Solo which has a button fire instead of draw activated. I'll post once I get it and try it out.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I keep looking at those ultra tiny things but can't really decide. My problem is that I'd like one with a large enough battery ( 900+ mAh), easily (or at least doable) rebuiltable and refillable, with a very tight draw. Most meet one or at most two of the criteria, even marginally, but not all three.
Closest one I know for that is the iCare mini with the PCC.

Has AFC built on the coil:

iCare-mini_26.png

Battery life:
  • iCare Mini Built-in Battery Capacity: 320mAh
  • PCC Battery Capacity: 2300mAh
It's not a POD system so it is refillable and the coils can be rebuilt:

Refill:
How To Fill E-liquid Into Eleaf iCare ? | There is no best only better

Rebuild:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
does it come with an RBA?

nevermind I googled it....lol
No, came with a 1.8 and the new .7 ohm coil.

With new life being breathed into this Aspire line (Nauti and Triton Mini style coils) hopefully someone, maybe even Aspire will come out with a good RBA.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
No, came with a 1.8 and the new .7 ohm coil.

With new life being breathed into this Aspire line (Nauti and Triton Mini style coils) hopefully someone, maybe even Aspire will come out with a good RBA.
How is the .7 coil have you tried it? Interested to know how the flavor is.... I usually use the 1.6 but recently just popped the Clapton 1.8s again I enjoy them as well.. ramp up time is a little slower on them though.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
How is the .7 coil have you tried it? Interested to know how the flavor is.... I usually use the 1.6 but recently just popped the Clapton 1.8s again I enjoy them as well.. ramp up time is a little slower on them though.
Haven't tried it yet.. not much of a sub ohmer but will probably throw it in my pocket rocket since I have it. Will give some feedback when I do.

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
I've heard the same... picking up the iCare Solo which has a button fire instead of draw activated. I'll post once I get it and try it out.
I have an ICare (or three) which I recoil, and have a Solo on the way too (Netherlands Post, so might be a while ... it's only been 16 days so far :yawn: ).

Love 'em for just chucking in the pocket when going down the road shopping and what-not ;)

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Well if I'm going out for the day I make sure I leave with a full battery in my Pico (3000mah) and make sure the kayfun is full,dats about it.If I were going on a weeks holiday,it'd be 2 mods,2 Kayfuns 2 thirty ml.bottles of juice and 4 batteries and my Xtar charger.
I keep makeup bag in my purse with enough stuff for 4 days without a charger!

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
How hot do you think the coil needs to get to bake off the crud? 500F? Was going to try a TC "dry-heating" of my Ni coil... won't bother if 500-600F won't cook off the crud.
I know when I've done that with SS coils I have to kick it into wattage mode...temp protects instantly.. never played with Ni.. but I would not dry fire them. maybe use a brush of some sorts.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Funny, I haven't owned a mod with a USB chargers since the eGo days.
Just simply put in a fresh battery whenever I leave the house.

If I'm going to be out & about for an extended amount of time, I simply take @Krisma advice and take more than one mod.
In pocket A, I carry a mod and tank. In pocket B, I carry a mod and tank. In pocket C (huge inside pocket), I carry 2 bottles and spare batteries... today, it amounted to 120 ml, and 7 batteries in cases. Hey, I'm a big feller... I can pull it off...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
How hot do you think the coil needs to get to bake off the crud? 500F? Was going to try a TC "dry-heating" of my Ni coil... won't bother if 500-600F won't cook off the crud.
Nickel is not worth bothering with... pull the coil and install a new one...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
I know when I've done that with SS coils I have to kick it into wattage mode...temp protects instantly.. never played with Ni.. but I would not dry fire them. maybe use a brush of some sorts.
Meh, I just made a new coil... no sense futzing with it... needed to clean the crud off of the posts anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread