Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Well, if that's true - then sometimes I guess I'm already . . .

animated-grave-image-0030.gif

Yup...Me too Uncle!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hmmmmm. I can grab that Joyetech Elitar Pipe (in black) from FastTech for a touch under 30USD including cheapo shipping if I wait until tomorrow. I'm doing TC at 463 degrees F on my old Horizon Tech V8 (22 mm) with a restrictive (black) flat aluminum drip tip and the airflow slots wide open. The vape feels very pipe-ish. I'm using the LG HG2 3k mAh batteries, so this should be a nice set up for relaxing around the house. Anybody familiar with TC and those batteries enough to estimate how long only one would last at 450-475 degrees F?
Can't stand the Elitar... never used it, but calling it a pipe is about like calling a surfboard a classic car...

The LG HG2s are OK batteries. At this point, they've been beat out by the Samsung 30Q and the Sony VTC6. Regardless of cell chosen, ya can't figure battery life in TC based on temp... if 20 watts is applied to the coil to get the desired warmth, the cells will last a lot longer than if 100 watts is needed to get there...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I got my first RDA, with my first ss wire and I have been using it in TC - first time using TC satisfactorily on the Milspec mod (TC on kBox continues to be unusable).9

Feeling pretty pleased with myself

milspec...isnt that the same thing as a SMY Mr. Q? they look very similar....almost identical.

does your battery voltage cut off at 3.6-3.7 volts? mine does.

do you know if there's a firmware update for the milspec? I might be able to flash mine and see what what happens.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
milspec...isnt that the same thing as a SMY Mr. Q? they look very similar....almost identical.

do you know if there's a firmware update for the milspec? I might be able to flash mine and see what what happens.
The Milspec is from Aspire...

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017

1) Prolly 2) 3.62V, is this weird? 3) Not to my knowledge.
Here's Milspec's website (in case you didn't know...)
Milspec Industry

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Can't stand the Elitar... never used it, but calling it a pipe is about like calling a surfboard a classic car...

The LG HG2s are OK batteries. At this point, they've been beat out by the Samsung 30Q and the Sony VTC6. Regardless of cell chosen, ya can't figure battery life in TC based on temp... if 20 watts is applied to the coil to get the desired warmth, the cells will last a lot longer than if 100 watts is needed to get there...

That last part doesn't make sense to me. If you are keeping an atomizer at a certain temp doesn't higher Wattage just mean that the atomizer is going to get there more quickly? I can see very large differences in Wattage applied causing noticeable changes in battery consumption because you are still applying power until the atomizer gets up to temp, but it seems like the different durations involved with varying power would even that out. I like the look of the Elitar, BTW, it looks retrofuturistic.

Users who are viewing this thread