Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
For the last couple weeks I've been trying out an Ego One (small windowed one) with the vertical one ohm cl coil.It's not bad,a tad airy compared to a KF-lite and the coil lasted about a week.When the coil got used up I rebuilt it,I reducedthe inner diameter of the rebuilt coil to tighten up the draw (~10 wraps 28g kanthal 2mm inner diameter @1.4 ohms) and put a KF-Lite drip tip on it.The rebuild/drip tip tightened up the draw somewhat and is an improvement for me.

I think I'll be using this atomizer for when I go out and about as it's much,much lighter in weight compared to my KF's.The KF's/Pico in my pocket feel like they're pulling my pants down LOL.Next time I'm in the vape store I'm gonna see if they have any CLR coils,if not I'll be getting some more of the CLs as they're not really too hard to build after they've been taken apart once or twice.

I'm giving the Ego One/Egg Roll Two thumbs up !!! :thumbs:

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
LOL...Well at least it's not BLACK...I'm getting very stylish...Just wait'll I get my Drip Tips !!!...Plus New Toys are always a good thing...And here I thought having 7 tanks was getting a bit much...Not So Not So...:D:D:D

View attachment 687443

another cousin came today Trig. Lol.
ZELOS2.jpg

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Well I finally gave up on waiting for everything I wanted to be available at once from my favorite online vendor. I bought a Kangertech Dripbox 160 and a Coil Master V3 DIY Kit. I've used a couple of different Velocity style BF decks with it (the one that came with it and one that I already had) and have settled down to about 0.70 Ohms resistance while varying Wattage and airflow. I'm getting decent production in the tootle puffer range with 50/50 juice at 12 nic and I can crank up the Wattage for nice rough burst during a quick break from work on a hard day. It's pretty nice. I'm going to look around for a better bottom feeder because I'm pretty sure I can do better than the stock KT and the Quad Flex but for now I'm having fun learning how to make my own coils and wick them. It's keeping my hands busy, keeping me off of the smokes, and pushing me to learn new things.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is fun, Listopencil, after a huge argument with the husband today (oh, I *hate* those, especially when they are something stupid, which this totally was-- and kind of my fault, I can admit it, oh just not to the husband yet though) I plan on grabbing that Doggystyle and coiling and wicking it, LOL. It may be the best doggystyle on offer for awhile until the husband cools off, wait what I meant to say was it will be a lovely distraction while the husband cools off.... :)

I'm sorry, there is just way to much Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System stuff traveling around the boards, I so promise to behave from here on out. Cross my fingers hope to die. Etc.

Either way, distractions are fun, and coiling and wicking? Definitely a distraction for me.... :)

Anna

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
It is fun, Listopencil, after a huge argument with the husband today (oh, I *hate* those, especially when they are something stupid, which this totally was-- and kind of my fault, I can admit it, oh just not to the husband yet though) I plan on grabbing that Doggystyle and coiling and wicking it, LOL. It may be the best doggystyle on offer for awhile until the husband cools off, wait what I meant to say was it will be a lovely distraction while the husband cools off.... :)

I'm sorry, there is just way to much Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System stuff traveling around the boards, I so promise to behave from here on out. Cross my fingers hope to die. Etc.

Either way, distractions are fun, and coiling and wicking? Definitely a distraction for me.... :)

Anna

Hey, take it all in stride. After my wife passed away I gradually became thankful for all of those stupid arguments. I look back and use those as a lesson. Why in the world did I allow myself to become so angry over such petty stuff? All you can do is laugh at yourself and move on. Eventually you teach yourself to cherish everything. The good and the bad. And don't worry about behaving yourself on my account, lol.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Thanks for those wise words, Listopencil. The husband and I have been together 15 years. We started out pretty fiery-- at least I'm not throwing things his way anymore, LOL. The last thing I threw *at* him, he dodged, it was a half-full cup of Starbucks coffee and it went and hit the EXTRAORDINARILY expensive TV I'd bought him one valentines day. That was one expensive cup of coffee, LOL, that I regretted for a LONG time as I re-saved up for another TV, but it did cure me of throwing stuff. :) Except for the old plates and stuff I bought from Goodwill, and I'd lob them at our cinderblock wall when things got a little too intense, LOL.

It's actually therapeutic, they let you pay to do it at some colleges on "Student Day." (!!!) But, eventually I settled down into *no throwing* whatsoever. I think it's old age....:) So in the grand scheme of things, it's probably all Just Fine. We just argue so little these days, I forget what it's like :) Okay, will go about apologizing to the husband, on the way to grabbing my tank, I suppose. :)

Anna

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Arguing/fighting isn't the time to worry about your relationship. It means that both of you are emotionally invested in each other. The time to worry is if you have problems and don't argue/fight anymore. Now that's a bad sign. But back to vaping I'm going to be pestering everybody that coils and wicks for MTL to hit them up for suggestions. I do have options right now that work for me but I know that eventually I'll want a better set up.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Arguing/fighting isn't the time to worry about your relationship. It means that both of you are emotionally invested in each other. The time to worry is if you have problems and don't argue/fight anymore. Now that's a bad sign. But back to vaping I'm going to be pestering everybody that coils and wicks for MTL to hit them up for suggestions. I do have options right now that work for me but I know that eventually I'll want a better set up.
Play around on Steam Engine with some hypothetical builds then get in there and do it, see what you like and what you don't, what works, what needs to be adjusted.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Play around on Steam Engine with some hypothetical builds then get in there and do it, see what you like and what you don't, what works, what needs to be adjusted.

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, I have a box of different types of wire and some nice cotton. And that DIY from Coil Master was loaded with stuff. It's still a bit much to soak in but I'm getting there.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois

Anna
The wife and I don't argue anymore, and I mean for more than a decade. If a person is your number one most important thing, then anything they say and do wrong is just a blip on the radar and not worth arguing about.
You're gonna love the Doggystyle, it is my over all most favorite atomizer. I do wish someone would make a top fill conversion for it though.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017

Users who are viewing this thread