Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Strange how the mind of a Vapor thinks. :rolleyes: In August when we went to Anna Maria Island for a few days to relax, I was taking Casey on one of his many walks to explore, I happened to look down in a yard that had shell rock landscaping (lots of that over there), and saw this piece of white Coral, I picked it up and noticed it had a whole in it, first thought was "That Would Make a Unique Drip Tip", I know I'm strange. o_O It was plugged up with dirt and stuff, but I washed that out and it was a clean hole all the way through. :w00t: If it was not curved it would be over 4 inches long. So I just kept thinking, how would I attach it to a topper? :confused: Then I thought of a way. Took my dremel and squared the ends, then took a plastic drip tip and cut it down enough to fit in the hole with the o-ring part hanging out. Then took some epoxy and glued the drip tip piece in the piece of coral, and here it is, a One of a Kind Unique Drip Tip. :cool:

CoralDripTip01.jpg
CoralDripTip02.jpg
CoralDripTip03.jpg

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Ummmm, you do know that some corals produce some pretty nasty toxins?
Thanks :) But from what I just read (my googlefoo is strong) what was coming up was coral for fish tanks. But I did find this little tid bit.
"The toxin from zoanthids can be neutralized by soaking the coral for 30 minutes in household bleach and water."
People were getting sick from being is the same room with the fish tank, this piece has been in my bedroom for several weeks and no ill effects.
But to be on the safe side, a bleach bath never hurts. :D

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Strange how the mind of a Vapor thinks. :rolleyes: In August when we went to Anna Maria Island for a few days to relax, I was taking Casey on one of his many walks to explore, I happened to look down in a yard that had shell rock landscaping (lots of that over there), and saw this piece of white Coral, I picked it up and noticed it had a whole in it, first thought was "That Would Make a Unique Drip Tip", I know I'm strange. o_O It was plugged up with dirt and stuff, but I washed that out and it was a clean hole all the way through. :w00t: If it was not curved it would be over 4 inches long. So I just kept thinking, how would I attach it to a topper? :confused: Then I thought of a way. Took my dremel and squared the ends, then took a plastic drip tip and cut it down enough to fit in the hole with the o-ring part hanging out. Then took some epoxy and glued the drip tip piece in the piece of coral, and here it is, a One of a Kind Unique Drip Tip. :cool:

View attachment 598975 View attachment 598977 View attachment 598979

:p:p That's funny and definitely a party piece. I am with retired though I would be a bit careful using it.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Better to be safe than sorry. :)

:p:p That's funny and definitely a party piece. I am with retired though I would be a bit careful using it.

What bleach won't kill, fire will!! :lol:
I really don't think there is anything to kill, been vaping on it on my Nimbus for over an hour. But to be on the safe side, it is in a bleach bath now. Going to leave it until after work tomorrow, never hurts to be careful. :)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

View attachment 598975 View attachment 598977 View attachment 598979

That is freakin cool!!!
You have now given me a new thought when I'm on the beach. I have pieces of abalone (or something that resembles it) that I find a lot. I've been looking to make panels with.

Really slick idea Burnie!!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
That is freakin cool!!!
You have now given me a new thought when I'm on the beach. I have pieces of abalone (or something that resembles it) that I find a lot. I've been looking to make panels with.

Really slick idea Burnie!!
Hmmmmmmmmm
:glug:
If you could find both half's, and it was big enough, you could put in a DNA board, 510 connection, and battery and make a whole mod. :D

Users who are viewing this thread