Status
Not open for further replies.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Have to admit I am not a very structured individual, I do love being able to send out things to folks who will appreciate them so being able to do that here on a as it goes basis is almost too good to believe.

I will wrap this one up soon as I have an idea for the next one.

Do want to express my thanks for all you folks who have helped to make this work by offering your great stories, man I think back to our switch and how sure we were about becoming non smokers and from this vantage point of 3 1/2 years down the road it sure is nice to see the validation and feel the benefits of simply hooking up with something that worked to end our addiction to cigarettes.

Thank you for the opportunity to share! It has been amazing reading everyones journey and feeling a part of a 'bigger picture'. I use stories from here to help with my day to day and the people Im meeting as inspiration.

Reactions: redrebel821

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
On the subject of journeys- I spoke to dad the last two days in a row and he is doing great! this is going to be a 'book' but the convos went like this:

day 1

how are you doing dad?
good but I am weak just weak
weak how daddy? Do you mean you had a cigg?
...yes...but after being a smoker for over 40 years...I mean I started when I was 12 and Ive been smoking for so long
daddy you aren't weak
yes yes I am I had A CIGG
daddy stop counting the one you had and count the ones you didn't.
say that again?
don't count the one you smoked count the ones you didn't
one more time?
daddy you heard me and its some of the best advice Ive found on the forums! Think about it, in the last week you've skipped over 100, don't beat yourself for that one
I LIKE THAT!!
awesome daddy glad to share it

day 2
hey daughter
yes daddy
I walked the trash up to the dumpster and it didn't kill me
AWSOME DADDY!!
and I think I walked a little faster than before
really?
yep and I wasn't all winded
told you it would get at least some better!
I don't know but I think I walked faster
amazing daddy
and I didn't smoke over twenty ciggs since yesterday-I think I can really do this
feels great doesn't it
(random loving exchanges)

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

of the several Im actively trying to help/have converted to nonsmokers I am most proud of my dad. Its addicting to hear his happiness and hope! Makes me wish I had another way to reach more people. hopefully when I go to California in the next few months I can work with my family out there, Ive even set up part of my travel budget as a "fund" for the ones who need help making the switch lol:D

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
On the subject of journeys- I spoke to dad the last two days in a row and he is doing great! this is going to be a 'book' but the convos went like this:

day 1

how are you doing dad?
...yes...but after being a smoker for over 40 years...I mean I started when I was 12 and Ive been smoking for so long
daddy you aren't weak
say that again?
one more time?
daddy you heard me and its some of the best advice Ive found on the forums! Think about it, in the last week you've skipped over 100, don't beat yourself for that one
I LIKE THAT!!

day 2
hey daughter
yes daddy
AWSOME DADDY!!
really?
amazing daddy
and I didn't smoke over twenty ciggs since yesterday-I think I can really do this
feels great doesn't it

of the several Im actively trying to help/have converted to nonsmokers I am most proud of my dad. Its addicting to hear his happiness and hope! Makes me wish I had another way to reach more people. hopefully when I go to California in the next few months I can work with my family out there, Ive even set up part of my travel budget as a "fund" for the ones who need help making the switch lol:D

I just got off the phone with my friend in MN I sent a starter kit to...she had a relapse and had a few cigarettes yesterday. I asked her to count how many she HASNT smoked in her first week...she got real quiet and said " thank you, I needed that"....

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
There is always so much guilt around trying to quit smoking. I was the same. I felt shame every time I failed a quit attempt. To the point I would subconsciously create a situation where having one was ok. It's sad but it's there, changing a mindset to counting the ones you didn't have is a brilliant way of focusing. I always say I switched to vaping. Seems to satisfy me and others that have an issue with vaping.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
There is always so much guilt around trying to quit smoking. I was the same. I felt shame every time I failed a quit attempt. To the point I would subconsciously crate a situation where having one was ok. It's sad but it's there, changing a mindset to counting the ones you didn't have is a brilliant way of focusing. I always say I switched to vaping. Seems to satisfy me and others that have an issue with vaping.
I tried every way to quit for years...I was a professional quitter! on my first day of vaping, I added an app to my phone to count the cigarettes I did NOT smoke...just seeing it in print motivated me. I still use that app...5151 NOT smoked....

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I tried every way to quit for years...I was a professional quitter! on my first day of vaping, I added an app to my phone to count the cigarettes I did NOT smoke...just seeing it in print motivated me. I still use that app...5151 NOT smoked....

I had to stop looking. The numbers became so large I felt guilty about what I used to do to myself. :p
This is my current count. I started vaping in October 2011 and was 50+ a day (on a good day) shudder

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I had to stop looking. The numbers became so large I felt guilty about what I used to do to myself. :p
This is my current count. I started vaping in October 2011 and was 50+ a day (on a good day) shudder

That's amazing...wow....I don't know you, but have to say I'm so very proud of you...lol

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
That's amazing...wow....I don't know you, but have to say I'm so very proud of you...lol
Thank you. I am not sure if I am proud of that achievement but I know I will never smoke again and with that mindset comes such a sense of relief. I thought I would die a smoker. :(

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Thank you. I am not sure if I am proud of that achievement but I know I will never smoke again and with that mindset comes such a sense of relief. I thought I would die a smoker. :(
It's amazing that you quit...you should be very proud of that. I thought I'd die a smoker, too

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
It's amazing that you quit...you should be very proud of that. I thought I'd die a smoker, too

There was something about vaping that made sense to my brain. To me......It felt like smoking, it looked like smoking and it gave me something to toy with in its little rituals. All my other quit attempts (even the bizarre ones) left me craving or ill or just unable to function. It was quite easy in the end. Don't get me wrong there were times where vaping was just a bit hard but unlike in the midst of other quit methods, I wanted to work through it rather than smoke.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
There was something about vaping that made sense to my brain. To me......It felt like smoking, it looked like smoking and it gave me something to toy with in its little rituals. All my other quit attempts (even the bizarre ones) left me craving or ill or just unable to function. It was quite easy in the end. Don't get me wrong there were times where vaping was just a bit hard but unlike in the midst of other quit methods, I wanted to work through it rather than smoke.
That sounds soooo familiar...lol

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
That sounds soooo familiar...lol

I know....it's all the reasons why they want to ban it LOL
But all I know is that I wish I had know about vaping years before. Stumbling across them is not the right way to find them and it astounds me that officialdom is looking for ways to stop them becoming mainstream. (At least here)

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA

To die a smoker...? Hmmmm... I thought I'd likely die falling off the roof. But, yes, I would have still been a smoker at the time. Jest funnin' ya. :)

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
There is always so much guilt around trying to quit smoking. I was the same. I felt shame every time I failed a quit attempt. To the point I would subconsciously create a situation where having one was ok. It's sad but it's there, changing a mindset to counting the ones you didn't have is a brilliant way of focusing. I always say I switched to vaping. Seems to satisfy me and others that have an issue with vaping.
I had some of the same issue, that's actually what lead me to get active on the tootle puffers thread. I had to find a way to quit making it okay when I was stressed. And I was letting myself become stressed over things I knew better than to let bother me! I got great pointers and encouragement and I beat the cigg-a-demon. Im glad you found a mind set that helped!

I just got off the phone with my friend in MN I sent a starter kit to...she had a relapse and had a few cigarettes yesterday. I asked her to count how many she HASNT smoked in her first week...she got real quiet and said " thank you, I needed that"....
tell her we all say keep it up and shes got a whole support team shes never met! I told my dad that people around the world are rooting for his success and he got quiet like that...

you are doing AMAZING!!!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
NOT AN ENTRY. I'd love to have one your "kits of joy" but would much rather see them go to folks in need. As a matter of fact I just won last weeks contest from another ECF vendor and have a "huge" prize package awaiting carrier pickup at this moment. With my winnings and other vapemail already in transit I'm feeling like I'll be swimming in vape gear very soon. I started looking for a way that I might do a little PIF of my own which is how I came across this thread.

Just wanted to let you all know how much I've enjoyed reading these success stories and that I fully agree that every single nasty that's not smoked is a success.

I began to write my own success story here and quickly realized that I was writing a book. If I'm going to go that route I think I'll just do my own blog so I can offer a link to new members and hopefully provide some encouragement.

Suffice it to say that I was blessed with a very easy transition period of roughly 2 weeks. And I can joyously report that I'm currently 3 1/2 weeks smoke free!

day 1

how are you doing dad?
daddy you aren't weak
say that again?
one more time?
I LIKE THAT!!

day 2
hey daughter
yes daddy
AWSOME DADDY!!
really?
amazing daddy
feels great doesn't it

@anjelvape77 I really enjoyed this story. I can totally relate to your Fathers experiences and I'm certain that every improvement he notices will bring him closer to a full transition. I wish him well.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
NOT AN ENTRY. I'd love to have one your "kits of joy" but would much rather see them go to folks in need. As a matter of fact I just won last weeks contest from another ECF vendor and have a "huge" prize package awaiting carrier pickup at this moment. With my winnings and other vapemail already in transit I'm feeling like I'll be swimming in vape gear very soon. I started looking for a way that I might do a little PIF of my own which is how I came across this thread.

Just wanted to let you all know how much I've enjoyed reading these success stories and that I fully agree that every single nasty that's not smoked is a success.

I began to write my own success story here and quickly realized that I was writing a book. If I'm going to go that route I think I'll just do my own blog so I can offer a link to new members and hopefully provide some encouragement.

Suffice it to say that I was blessed with a very easy transition period of roughly 2 weeks. And I can joyously report that I'm currently 3 1/2 weeks smoke free!

@anjelvape77 I really enjoyed this story. I can totally relate to your Fathers experiences and I'm certain that every improvement he notices will bring him closer to a full transition. I wish him well.

Thank you so much for this! I pass along everyones well wishes to him and that helps keep him moving forward!

Congrats on your win elsewhere in the forums. I think its awesome that you were looking to do some PIF when you found "US".

I would love to read your journey! Please let me/us know when that blog is ready for a reading...maybe itll inspire me to quit thinking I should blog and get me actually doing it! You never know how you might touch a life

and CONGRATULATIONS on your weeks smoke free!!:banana:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Lol....I run a rehab center for unwanted/unloved/unused gear. I spiff them all up pretty, then send out to new smokers. Sheila ( my friend in MN was a recipient) got one set for starters, her BF tried it and liked it, and after his heart attack last week, he's started, too. I'm trying to "man up" a starter eVod set for him, too.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Lol....I run a rehab center for unwanted/unloved/unused gear. I spiff them all up pretty, then send out to new smokers. Sheila ( my friend in MN was a recipient) got one set for starters, her BF tried it and liked it, and after his heart attack last week, he's started, too. I'm trying to "man up" a starter eVod set for him, too.

Actually, I would love to help. If you look at my avatar you'll see 2 eGrips and my green Tootle. That woodie eGrip was my first vape. It was the "perfect for me" mod and was there at just the right moment. That eGrip performance is what gave me the confidence to take vaping seriously. I give it total credit for my success. I'm pretty much finished with it. It currently serves as my first of the day vape with the nasty cig flavor that my brain used to scream for every morning. That's no longer necessary. Actually that little green Tootle is my current preferred PV. [though I was very unimpressed when I first bought it as a backup] I could easily put my woody in a display case and give it a place of honor on the mantle. It would be much better to imagine it serving someone else as well as it has me.

I currently have available- the woody eGrip perfect working condition (and a history it can be proud of!!!), the black egrip was my ADV until the usb port broke (you do repairs?), 2 never used eGrip RBA kits.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If you'd care to PM a destination to me I'll gladly pay shipping. PLEASE understand, I'm an over the road truck driver and not planning to be home til mid august. I could pack it all up and send it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread