Top air RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Bought a bunch of 'em for side by side comparisons. So far, I have the following:

Wotofo Sapor 25
OBS Engine
OBS Engine Mini
OBS Engine Nano
OBS Engine II
GeekVape Zeus
GeekVape Zeus Dual
Kaees Solomon 2
Digiflavor Themis Standard
Vapefly Horus
QP Juggerknot
Augvape Intake
Aspire cleito EXO (with RBA)
smok X-Baby (with RBA)

ON ORDER:
UD Athlon

Have I missed any? If I have, speak up and I'll add it to the collections for testing.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna start building and vaping these in earnest. I'll post my thoughts...
Shawn have you seen the New Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA, looks to have airflow like on the Ammit MTL RTA the way it gets to the coils, with air from both sides and underneath but top dual open slots rather than the MTL configuration. 24mm but single coil and looks to have a very reduced chamber?

• Agree
Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I get ya Shawn. My comment was in no way critical of you or your reviews. I am just stating that nowadays with all the good/exceptional attys out there, if it is not exceptional (way beyond just functional or acceptable) it will go on my shelf. I'll drive an S10, but would prefer my F150. Since I have an F150, my S10 will stay on the back lot. We have good choices for attys that allow us to really be picky and fulfill pretty much every aspect of our vaping wants and wishes. So to use an atty that has a 6-8 on the flavor scale or is pretty easy to fill, or fairly easy to put in coils, etc....well, why bother?

You have done an excellent job giving an overview of these. Now, maybe you could give your subject opinion on what the top three you would recommend or buy again if you lost all of them tomorrow? That would be cool.

As users, our collective criticism or praise of an atty CHANGES the market and future development of better equipment.
those is PAID review, even their negative points will go thru some auditions before publish, sad but is FACT.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
those is PAID review, even their negative points will go thru some auditions before publish, sad but is FACT.

No, I am interested (and respect) Shawns reviews. I am pretty sure he is not getting paid. Even if he was, he would be one I trusted his review on any atty. I wasn't talking about the PAID reviews. But there are even a few paid reviewers that have some very good input and opinions.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Shawn have you seen the New Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA, looks to have airflow like on the Ammit MTL RTA the way it gets to the coils, with air from both sides and underneath but top dual open slots rather than the MTL configuration. 24mm but single coil and looks to have a very reduced chamber?
Oh great... Just when I saw the light at the end of the tunnel LOL

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yeah... These are paid reviews... As in, I've paid about $400 to purchase all of these for my collection. I will admit I did ask Heaven Gifts for an assist, but got blown off.

Nope... Bought every one of these out of pocket over the last several years, and I'm making diddly and squat for these writeup.

I'm doing this because I love vaping and I like top air RTAs. Period. End of story.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Just got in touch with Matt at SMM. He's gonna send me one in a couple weeks.

See... Full disclosure :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah... These are paid reviews... As in, I've paid about $400 to purchase all of these for my collection. I will admit I did ask Heaven Gifts for an assist, but got blown off.

Nope... Bought every one of these out of pocket over the last several years, and I'm making diddly and squat for these writeup.

I'm doing this because I love vaping and I like top air RTAs. Period. End of story.
Thank you

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I'm glad someone does EXACTLY what Shawn is doing here - a systematic overview of Top Air RTAs.

This will be a good read for customers (who do have different needs/wishes concerning the makeup of their atties), and it's probably a good read for manufacturers as well who're looking to improve their future products. After all, [Top Air] is the high-hanging fruit, and it needs to catch up to where the development of bottom airflow atties is at.

So when this is done, Shawn should somehow transfer the extracts of this thread to his "blog" page here on ecf and point people to it whenever required.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Acevape MK RTA
View attachment 775557
This is a 25mm RTA in diameter, and 40mm tall. It holds 3ml with the straight glass or 5ml with the bubble glass.

It uses an 810 drip tip, and comes with 2 of 'em. One is an over the top like the Zeus, and the other is a shorty blue resin.

The deck is a postless deck. It's raised above the juice flow ports a bit, but easy enough to build and wick although the wick is a bit long.
View attachment 775567
View attachment 775569
The wicks tuck down into slots which is fed from through slots beneath the deck.
View attachment 775559
View attachment 775561
It's got a decent amount of air. The air is nearly identical to the Dead Rabbit RTA, but a bit smaller. That is, it slants in from the top to the coils.
View attachment 775551
View attachment 775563
Where the Dead Rabbit can develop a whistle if the coils are not positioned just so, I've not had that issue with this one.

Also like the Dead Rabbit, the deck is attached to the 510 positive, so it spins when assembling the tank. That means the base has to be removed to put it all together. The chamber and the deck lock in place with tabs and notches...
View attachment 775553
View attachment 775555

The vapor and flavor are what you'd expect... Decent, but not mind-blowing.
View attachment 775565
If you already have the Dead Rabbit, there's not much compelling here. If you are looking at the Dead Rabbit, consider this a close competitor.
That was some great info!
When you finally get the Juggerknot mini that you ordered, place your wicks so they are just in the chamber keeping them at a height that they're above the deck screws. I see a lot of reviews where they're overwicking, this info came straight from Pierre at QP Designs, every build like that wicks perfectly. You're a lot more experienced than me so please don't take that the wrong way, just trying to help. I've been using mine for 6 weeks now and like it better than my engine nano for flavor

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018

wondering why u jump in ? are you " THOSE " , i don't force nor assume you are one of them, but look like you jump in straight without even reading it, that i can't help.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Relax Sonny...Cool. Be cool. There must be some misunderstanding...on your part.
Whiskey, Brandy, What's your tipple? the only explanation i can think of, i have read back a dozen times and he seems to be in a different conversation!

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Whiskey, Brandy, What's your tipple? the only explanation i can think of, i have read back a dozen times and he seems to be in a different conversation!

No kidding. I am so confused by both his comments because they just don't relate to anything that has been posted. I keep thinking that I'm missing something, but then I think...no, I'm not the one commenting from outer space.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
IMG_20181101_142526.jpg
Thats right perfect set up,well almost ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread