Top air RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I found the leisure to make a new spaced A1 coil today and put it where it belongs.
20181103_190802_HDR.jpg

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
That's an easy one. The Engine Mini is the best 22mm top air RTA out there. It also happens to be about the only 22mm top air RTA out there. There is the Sapor, but it's janky. Of course, I'm not counting the abysmal Cubis line (which would include the Unimax). Everything else is 24 and up.
Hello Shawn! I appreciate you doing this list, it's very informative! I'm looking a really good top air flow single coil rta and figured I'd ask the expert. Are you able to list your top 3 that are still available to buy. Thank you in advance! I already have the engine nano btw. Have you started a blog for these rta's yet?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hello Shawn! I appreciate you doing this list, it's very informative! I'm looking a really good top air flow single coil rta and figured I'd ask the expert. Are you able to list your top 3 that are still available to buy. Thank you in advance! I already have the engine nano btw. Have you started a blog for these rta's yet?
I still have a few to review. As soon as those are done, I'll convert everything over to a blog.

In the meantime, check out the Solomon 2.

I find the Intake a little too restrictive, and am not a huge fan of the cage in the Horus. I didn't like the convoluted deck in the Zeus Single...

Of course, someone will chime in here in a moment and rave about the Juggerknot Mini... that's one I'm waiting on. Along with the new SMM Wotofo offering...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Of course, someone will chime in here in a moment and rave about the Juggerknot Mini... that's one I'm waiting on. Along with the new SMM Wotofo offering...

There's a top air SMM due for release? Tough to stay current on what's next. I hope they use a thicker glass than on the original SMM. The only rta I've ever had where I kept breaking the glass when assembling or breaking down. Glass was as thin as a holiday decoration. I think they knew it too which is why they provided not one, but two replacement glasses in the box. Still managed to break them and finally gave up. Otherwise it was a nice performing tank, just way too fragile for my hands.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
There's a top air SMM due for release? Tough to stay current on what's next. I hope they use a thicker glass than on the original SMM. The only rta I've ever had where I kept breaking the glass when assembling or breaking down. Glass was as thin as a holiday decoration. I think they knew it too which is why they provided not one, but two replacement glasses in the box. Still managed to break them and finally gave up. Otherwise it was a nice performing tank, just way too fragile for my hands.
The SMM x Wotofo Elevate...

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Looks nice, but I'm on the fence about the Foxy. Afraid I'll press the wrong side and drop my atty.

Come'on Shawn, you're not that old and absent minded!!! LOL. (just razzing ya)
I have no issue with telling which is the fire button and which is the quick release. Even if you do hit the release button, it takes considerable pressure to make it release the atty. You have to want to activate it. Nothing accidental about it. So no real danger there.

I love how simple and straightforward the Foxy is. And INSTANT power to the atty. Batteries last a bit longer in this thing due to the striped down 'dash board'. At least that's my experience.

philbh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 24, 2014
    Westlake, Ohio
    Bought a bunch of 'em for side by side comparisons. So far, I have the following:

Wotofo Sapor 25
    OBS Engine
    OBS Engine Mini
    OBS Engine Nano
    OBS Engine II
    GeekVape Zeus
    GeekVape Zeus Dual
    Kaees Solomon 2
    Digiflavor Themis Standard
    Vapefly Horus
    QP Juggerknot
    Augvape Intake
    Aspire Cleito EXO (with RBA)
    Smok X-Baby (with RBA)

ON ORDER:
    UD Athlon

Have I missed any? If I have, speak up and I'll add it to the collections for testing.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna start building and vaping these in earnest. I'll post my thoughts...
    IDK if it was left out on purpose, but the Dead Rabbit RTA is top airflow. Not that I have any interest in it. Other than the fact that it looks nice. I stopped buying based on looks after the Intake...

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    IDK if it was left out on purpose, but the Dead Rabbit RTA is top airflow. Not that I have any interest in it. Other than the fact that it looks nice. I stopped buying based on looks after the Intake...
    Dead Rabbit was left out of that list accidentally, and has already been written up.

Reactions: Eskie

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
    Oct 28, 2014
    Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
    Bought a bunch of 'em for side by side comparisons. So far, I have the following:

Wotofo Sapor 25
    OBS Engine
    OBS Engine Mini
    OBS Engine Nano
    OBS Engine II
    GeekVape Zeus
    GeekVape Zeus Dual
    Kaees Solomon 2
    Digiflavor Themis Standard
    Vapefly Horus
    QP Juggerknot
    Augvape Intake
    Aspire Cleito EXO (with RBA)
    Smok X-Baby (with RBA)

ON ORDER:
    UD Athlon

Have I missed any? If I have, speak up and I'll add it to the collections for testing.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna start building and vaping these in earnest. I'll post my thoughts...
    Wotofo Faris, Pyro 2, Dead Rabbit Rta, I see you have the Zeus Dual (waiting on my Zeus and Faris), have the other ones already. Top airflow fits my lifestyle. I do have a few rda's but I'm like yourself on needing a rta.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Wotofo Faris, Pyro 2, Dead Rabbit Rta, I see you have the Zeus Dual (waiting on my Zeus and Faris), have the other ones already. Top airflow fits my lifestyle. I do have a few rda's but I'm like yourself on needing a rta.
    Ah, but the Far is and Pyro 2 are RDTA ans therefore will not be reviewed here. Already did the Dead Rabbit.

• Agree
    Reactions: Letitia

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
    Oct 28, 2014
    Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
    Ah, but the Far is and Pyro 2 are RDTA ans therefore will not be reviewed here. Already did the Dead Rabbit.
    I was thinking maybe the Faris since it has the capability to run either way. It runs as a rta or a rta. Plus option to squonk or not. Hopefully mine will get here like yesterday! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread