Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm seeing this advertised with a BF pin. Did you get one with yours? I think this would be the first rta I've seen with a BF pin. RDTA yes, RTA no. Am I falling behind?
I ordered one of these today from eightvape. I didn't notice if it came with a bf pin or not. I'll take a look.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm seeing this advertised with a BF pin. Did you get one with yours? I think this would be the first RTA I've seen with a BF pin. RDTA yes, RTA no. Am I falling behind?
No mention of a bf pin or the atty being bf compatible. Only 14.95, figured I might as well try it out.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
No mention of a bf pin or the atty being bf compatible. Only 14.95, figured I might as well try it out.
Ah ha! TY TY. I just placed a FT order this morning and it cost $27.30 and that's with the MAP code. I canceled it asap after I read your post and got one at 8vape. Idk how I missed that, I was looking everywhere for the best deals. I really like 8vape.

As for the BF pin. Someone messed up with their description because I think it's the CP that has one, not the CP TA. I believe that was GB and/or VS.

Thx again for mentioning it. I'm on a top air mission and it's gonna cost me, lol.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I taught @muth the belt method of wicking she mentioned. It ensures that the mesh is in contact throughout. Only works on verticals, however... The VV Mesh, the Taifun BT, and the Cthulhu Ceto. I also found that rayon seems to work a bit better as it doesn't swell and shrink when wet.
Yes, handy little tip there, to leave enough length so you can pull it tight with your fingers before tightening the posts. Warning to others: Be careful of reviewers. I've seen them do all kinds of crazy things to their wicks like poking holes all over it with a toothpick.

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Ah, Shawn, I hate to do this to you, but now they're up to the Solomon V3.
Yes, thx to Shawn I didn't pull the pre-order trig on FT. I should know better by now. But I'm just so excited about that honeycomb AF.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Has anyone tried a different build on the Elevate other than the stock coil?
I tried a 3.5mm staggered fc, larger size just seemed to mute the flavor and af was too restricted. Might try a 2.5 before going back to my go to 3mm tri core fc. All ss coils btw.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Right now, I'm quite enjoying the Advken Owl. This is a Subohm tank... Uses Baby Beast coils... That means it'll also use the Baby Prince RBA (but not the Baby Beast RBA as it's too tall... Requires taller replacement glass on BB and BBB tanks).

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Never even looked at the Stock coil... Ran one Ni80 and 316L... Both fused Clapton, both 3mm.
The stock is a N80 Framed Staple, 3mm, .33 ohm. I happen to like Framed Staples so tried it. No big complaints, just wondering and will probably try ss next.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Right now, I'm quite enjoying the Advken Owl. This is a Subohm tank... Uses Baby Beast coils... That means it'll also use the Baby Prince RBA (but not the Baby Beast RBA as it's too tall... Requires taller replacement glass on BB and BBB tanks).
Yes, I was surprised when I liked the OBS Cube subohm tank but I digress here, it's not top air.

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)
I recently go the wotofo serpent elevate, and it’s nothing but a pile of crap!
Have tried ss316l as a single and twisted triple and fused Clapton.

Different cottons as well.

It’s either dry hit he’ll or flooding and no flavour.

It works best when keeping the coil as high as possible before shorting out on the roof.

But I won’t be keeping this one, much prefer my engine 2!

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I recently go the wotofo serpent elevate, and it’s nothing but a pile of crap!
Have tried ss316l as a single and twisted triple and fused Clapton.

Different cottons as well.

It’s either dry hit he’ll or flooding and no flavour.

It works best when keeping the coil as high as possible before shorting out on the roof.

But I won’t be keeping this one, much prefer my engine 2!
Wow! thats not my experience with it all. Its all been positive for me so far. Biggest concern for me is not really liking the sound of it when I draw on it. I can live with it though

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)
Wow! thats not my experience with it all. Its all been positive for me so far. Biggest concern for me is not really liking the sound of it when I draw on it. I can live with it though

Not enjoyed it at all and can see why it was for sale in the pre owned cabinet at the local store.

Will be going back in there.

Selling my VV revolver to, as it was a bugger to not leaked but the flavour was awesome.

Were as the elevate is just crap all round for me, so it’s going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread