Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My con on the JK Mini is that you can't separate the deck without the glass tank coming away. Therefore, it's not really an rta where you can pull the deck anytime you want to rewick/build. I don't like that. That and the deck is a pita to thread back on. Not sure this will stay in my daily rotation no matter how much I like the vape.
I take my deck out to rewick without emptying the tank. Just set it upside down.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
My con on the JK Mini is that you can't separate the deck without the glass tank coming away. Therefore, it's not really an RTA where you can pull the deck anytime you want to rewick/build. I don't like that. That and the deck is a pita to thread back on. Not sure this will stay in my daily rotation no matter how much I like the vape.
Really? I can remove the deck without the glass being affected. I have no issues threading back on either :(

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
My con on the JK Mini is that you can't separate the deck without the glass tank coming away.
No problems here, have had mine apart many times while retaining the juice so long as the juice was below the juice ports when tipped upside down. I could see it being an issue if one were to put the staggered seal at the bottom instead of an o-ring maybe? I know the glass on mine "sticks" to that square seal but not the o-ring in the base.

Also, grabbed the AOLVape Merlin Mini replacement glass from FT to put on the clone and haven't had a fill problem since I put it on there, it even holds a bit more juice as the bubble bit is taller - the straight glass didn't have a fill problem either, but the bubble that came with the Ulton JK Mini liked to back up at about half full (which seems to be a common issue with the authentic as well, so maybe 1:1 isn't always best) rather randomly no matter what I did.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Also, grabbed the AOLVape Merlin Mini replacement glass from FT to put on the clone and haven't had a fill problem since I put it on there, it even holds a bit more juice as the bubble bit is taller - the straight glass didn't have a fill problem either, but the bubble that came with the Ulton JK Mini liked to back up at about half full (which seems to be a common issue with the authentic as well, so maybe 1:1 isn't always best) rather randomly no matter what I did.
Thank you for the info on that. Definitely will give it a try.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Really? I can remove the deck without the glass being affected. I have no issues threading back on either :(
Dang, I'm jealous. I've met one other person who has the same issue as me with the threading on both the authentic and clone. You have better JKarma than me.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
ALL (currently available) tanks are on order and should be here shortly. Maybe I can wrap this up. Once wrapped, I'll work on converting this over to blog posts...

I, for one, am not going to order any more RTA's until you wrap this up and give us the definitive answer on top air RTA's. No pressure though.
:tumble:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Three of the four tanks have arrived. I've got the Geekvape Zeux X on the Geekvape Nova with it's first build. Nice enough... more later...

I've got the Geekvape Ammit MTL built, but I realized I'm gonna have to change the rules I set out back in the early days of this thread. I'm not putting a 3.5mm fused clapton in this tank. Nor will I be able to fit that coil into the Engine MTL, which has also arrived. Instead, I think I'll use a 2.5mm round wire build. Since I'm wanting to test TC, it'll likely be 24 or 26 AWG SS316L.

What hasn't arrived - or even been shipped although it WAS listed as in stock when I click the buy button - is the Kaees Solomon 3.

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
Got the new Zeus x and I must say this is totally worth it. It might became my favorite all day top airflow Rta. Doesn’t whistle easy to wick and it has excellent flavor. I wish it had that awesome fill method that obs has.
One tip even that the provided drip tip is comfortable it doesn’t do any good with flavor changing to a narrower one the flavor popped

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Got the new Zeus x and I must say this is totally worth it. It might became my favorite all day top airflow Rta. Doesn’t whistle easy to wick and it has excellent flavor. I wish it had that awesome fill method that obs has.
One tip even that the provided drip tip is comfortable it doesn’t do any good with flavor changing to a narrower one the flavor popped

I couldn’t get the drip tip off - I mean I’m sure I could with pliers or something, but wow that’s on there good!

I do like the X a lot though. One of my favorites.

I had the Solomon 2, used it about a week and the pin fell out. Totally stripped out, both the pin and the rta. :(

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
I couldn’t get the drip tip off - I mean I’m sure I could with pliers or something, but wow that’s on there good!

I do like the X a lot though. One of my favorites.

I had the Solomon 2, used it about a week and the pin fell out. Totally stripped out, both the pin and the rta. :(
I used a small flat screwdriver to get it off

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
One tip i have for the zeus x - you really have to have your wicks touching the wick hole or really thin the cotton if you feel you are not getting good flavor trim the cotton more

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
My question is what tanks look to be possible Frankenstein players? (not on this thread of course,, ,great work by the way)

IE you may not like the deck of 1but it's chimney will work with another deck.... Hopefully getting more mls out of second tank.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
REVIEWED
  1. OBS Engine (dual) Top air RTAs
  2. OBS Engine Nano (single) Top air RTAs
  3. OBS Engine Mini (dual) Same as the OG Engine, but smaller diameter...
  4. OBS Engine II (dual) Top air RTAs
  5. Digiflavor Themis Standard (dual) Top air RTAs
  6. Hellvape Dead Rabbit (dual) Top air RTAs
  7. Geekvape Zeus (Single) Top air RTAs
  8. Geekvape Zeus Dual (dual) Top air RTAs
  9. Acevape MK (dual) Top air RTAs
  10. Vapefly Horus (single) Top air RTAs
  11. Kaees Solomon II (single) Top air RTAs
  12. Augvape Intake (single) Top air RTAs
  13. Vaperz Cloud TFMT (dual) Top air RTAs
  14. QP Designs Juggerknot (dual) Top air RTAs
  15. Smok TFV8 X-Baby (dual RBA) Top air RTAs
  16. UD Athlon 25 (dual RBA) Top air RTAs
  17. Wotofo Elevate (single) Top air RTAs
  18. Advken CP-TF (single) Top air RTAs
  19. QP Designs Juggerknot Mini (single) Top air RTAs
KIND OF REVIEWED
  1. Joyetech Cubis Top air RTAs
  2. Joyetech Unimax Top air RTAs
  3. Aspire Cleito EXO Top air RTAs
QUEUED
  1. FDX Athena (dual)
  2. Digiflavor Themis Mesh (mesh)
  3. Voopoo Rimfire (dual)
  4. VandyVape Mesh (mesh)
  5. OBS Engine MTL
  6. Geekvape Zeus X
  7. Kaees Solomon 3
  8. Geekvape Ammit MTL
Some reviews probably coming Monday.

Last edited:

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Gonna be the best review series ever.

An idea... Advken has a top-airflow tank for baby beast coils (Owl). There are many RBAs for baby-beast-coil-compatible tanks... even Advken has an RBA section for the baby-beast-compatible Manta... you know what I'm aiming at? Maybe that RBA fits the Owl as well ?
ADVKENRBA.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread