Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Top air, top fill, more than 3ml...

Since literally every tank on here is top fill, and all but one are over 3ml, I have to assume that you either haven't read through the thread, or you're looking for an MTL tank. If the former is the case, get readin' LOL. If the latter is the case, you're gonna be stuck with the Geekvape Ammit MTL... It holds 4ml. If neither of those is the case, please feel free to let me know what you're looking for with a little more specificity.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Top air, top fill, more than 3ml...

Since literally every tank on here is top fill, and all but one are over 3ml, I have to assume that you either haven't read through the thread, or you're looking for an MTL tank. If the former is the case, get readin' LOL. If the latter is the case, you're gonna be stuck with the Geekvape Ammit MTL... It holds 4ml. If neither of those is the case, please feel free to let me know what you're looking for with a little more specificity.
My question is what tanks look to be possible Frankenstein players? (not on this thread of course,, ,great work by the way)

IE you may not like the deck of 1but it's chimney will work with another deck.... Hopefully getting more mls out of second tank.
That would be an interesting experiment, but, yeah, probably better in another thread and with another reviewer. I'm afraid I'm a little too broke to risk ruining a tank or loosing large quantities of juice through trying to play Legos with these...

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Thanks. No, missed the Ammit.

unicorns,, unicorns we keep hunting for them,

Life would be beautiful and complete if I had my unicorn

Oh China why do you deny me my unicorn

I like ponies but I love unicorns

YouTube full of promise a unicorn can be found

Message boards across the net touting sitings of unicorns

Oh China please send me a unicorn

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
REVIEWED
  1. OBS Engine (dual) Top air RTAs
  2. OBS Engine Nano (single) Top air RTAs
  3. OBS Engine Mini (dual) Same as the OG Engine, but smaller diameter...
  4. OBS Engine II (dual) Top air RTAs
  5. Digiflavor Themis Standard (dual) Top air RTAs
  6. Hellvape Dead Rabbit (dual) Top air RTAs
  7. Geekvape Zeus (Single) Top air RTAs
  8. Geekvape Zeus Dual (dual) Top air RTAs
  9. Acevape MK (dual) Top air RTAs
  10. Vapefly Horus (single) Top air RTAs
  11. Kaees Solomon II (single) Top air RTAs
  12. Augvape Intake (single) Top air RTAs
  13. Vaperz Cloud TFMT (dual) Top air RTAs
  14. QP Designs Juggerknot (dual) Top air RTAs
  15. Smok TFV8 X-Baby (dual RBA) Top air RTAs
  16. UD Athlon 25 (dual RBA) Top air RTAs
  17. Wotofo Elevate (single) Top air RTAs
  18. Advken CP-TF (single) Top air RTAs
  19. QP Designs Juggerknot Mini (single) Top air RTAs
KIND OF REVIEWED
  1. Joyetech Cubis Top air RTAs
  2. Joyetech Unimax Top air RTAs
  3. Aspire Cleito EXO Top air RTAs
QUEUED
  1. FDX Athena (dual)
  2. Digiflavor Themis Mesh (mesh)
  3. Voopoo Rimfire (dual)
  4. VandyVape Mesh (mesh)
  5. OBS Engine MTL
  6. Geekvape Zeus X
  7. Kaees Solomon 3
  8. Geekvape Ammit MTL
Some reviews probably coming Monday.
Question sir, when it comes to the Solomon v3. Would you be willing to review it twice? Once with the dual coil airflow, and once with the single coil airflow? Sorry to ask for more work from you! Obviously reviewing it however you see fit, and all that you've done so far, is more than any of us deserve. Thank you for all your effort, it hasn't gone unnoticed!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Question sir, when it comes to the Solomon v3. Would you be willing to review it twice? Once with the dual coil airflow, and once with the single coil airflow? Sorry to ask for more work from you! Obviously reviewing it however you see fit, and all that you've done so far, is more than any of us deserve. Thank you for all your effort, it hasn't gone unnoticed!

Since this is designed to be used wither way, of course, I will. In the past, the decks were designed to be dual coil, but a single would work in a pinch. This is a (slightly) different ballgame.

ETA: This means I'll probably write it up twice rather than having one extra long post...

Drewbacca96

Feb 16, 2017
Since this is designed to be used wither way, of course, I will. In the past, the decks were designed to be dual coil, but a single would work in a pinch. This is a (slightly) different ballgame.

ETA: This means I'll probably write it up twice rather than having one extra long post...
Truly you are a Gentleman and a Scholar! Thank you again for your time and effort in this journey!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Geekvape Zeus X RTA
1553538796217338.jpg

It's 25mm at the base, but flares out up to 29mm around the bubble glass. With the bubble glass, it'll hild 4.5ml. With the included straight glass (which also reduces the overall diameter to around 26mm), the capacity is reduced to 3.5ml. From the top of the stubby, but comfy drip tip to the bottom of the protruding 510 pin, it is roughly 48mm tall.

Taking cues, I believe, from the Advken CP TF, the Zeus X uses a removable that directs the air to the top, sides, and bottom of the coils. Where the Advken CP TF is designed to be a single coil RTA, this one is designed to be dual (but the deck will allow for a single big coil).
1553538795544424.jpg
1553538793885502.jpg

Building is pretty easy, but not as easy as the Zeus Dual (or many other postless deck designs). The coils can be clipped with between 4mm and 5mm legs, but rather than setting all the way down, they can - should - be adjusted so that the legs which are placed through an inverted, squared off horseshoe kind of affair, do not touch the deck. They claim that the raised deck will allow leads to be clipped after installation, but it's a very tiny space for flush cuts...
1553538792805977.jpg
Once installed, the coils need to be wicked. Wicking is also pretty easy. The ends do not need to be combed out too much... Just a little... Then tucked in to the wick ports. The wicks do not need to reach the deck, and should not be too tight in the ports.
1553538792107587.jpg
Apparently, I forgot to take a pic of the wicks tucked in. Huh...

I find it easier to install the chimney - it's held in place with o-rings - into the tank, then install the deck, lining up the tabs on the deck with the slots in the sides of the chimney.
1553538794527539.jpg
1553538793467331.jpg

Like most other recent Geekvape RTAs, the Zeus X uses a tab lock system for to removable top cap. About 1/2 turn gets to top off and filling proceeds as usual through two kidney shaped holes.
1553538791384619.jpg
The holes are relatively small, though... Still, filling it has not been an issue.

Air comes in the top, over and through the chimney to hit the coils.
1553538795151652.jpg
There's a lot of air, and the AFC is stoppered and will adjust down to a very tight draw - almost a loose MTL (but not a very good MTL vape). As such, vapor production is what you'd expect. Flavor is above average, too.
155353879069277.jpg

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I couldn’t get the drip tip off - I mean I’m sure I could with pliers or something, but wow that’s on there good!

I do like the X a lot though. One of my favorites.

I had the Solomon 2, used it about a week and the pin fell out. Totally stripped out, both the pin and the rta. :(
Your 510 pin was stripped and fell out? I've never had that happen on anything. Did you contact the manufacturer? I'm so sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
REVIEWED
  1. OBS Engine (dual) Top air RTAs
  2. OBS Engine Nano (single) Top air RTAs
  3. OBS Engine Mini (dual) Same as the OG Engine, but smaller diameter...
  4. OBS Engine II (dual) Top air RTAs
  5. Digiflavor Themis Standard (dual) Top air RTAs
  6. Hellvape Dead Rabbit (dual) Top air RTAs
  7. Geekvape Zeus (Single) Top air RTAs
  8. Geekvape Zeus Dual (dual) Top air RTAs
  9. Acevape MK (dual) Top air RTAs
  10. Vapefly Horus (single) Top air RTAs
  11. Kaees Solomon II (single) Top air RTAs
  12. Augvape Intake (single) Top air RTAs
  13. Vaperz Cloud TFMT (dual) Top air RTAs
  14. QP Designs Juggerknot (dual) Top air RTAs
  15. Smok TFV8 X-Baby (dual RBA) Top air RTAs
  16. UD Athlon 25 (dual RBA) Top air RTAs
  17. Wotofo Elevate (single) Top air RTAs
  18. Advken CP-TF (single) Top air RTAs
  19. QP Designs Juggerknot Mini (single) Top air RTAs
KIND OF REVIEWED
  1. Joyetech Cubis Top air RTAs
  2. Joyetech Unimax Top air RTAs
  3. Aspire Cleito EXO Top air RTAs
QUEUED
  1. FDX Athena (dual)
  2. Digiflavor Themis Mesh (mesh)
  3. Voopoo Rimfire (dual)
  4. VandyVape Mesh (mesh)
  5. OBS Engine MTL
  6. Geekvape Zeus X
  7. Kaees Solomon 3
  8. Geekvape Ammit MTL
Some reviews probably coming Monday.
Tastes are subjective but will you be doing a round-up after all is said and done? If anything, I'd be curious as to your personal favs among this top air group. Have any entered your daily rotation, etc.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I didn’t. I’d had it more than 30 days, so I guessed it was not under warranty anymore.
Never hurts to ask. It sounds more like a doa to me unless you stripped it yourself. I find that in most cases a dose of politeness with a mention of how you are an active member on vape forums usually gets them to cooperate. They don't want word spreading on the internet about how their products are arriving defective;)

• Useful
Reactions: Heartsdelight

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Not sure this is available from a US supplier, but this looks interesting:

eXpromizer

This is quite the endeavor you’re pursuing, Shawn! I’m sure the community appreciates your efforts! I certainly do.
I frickin' knew it. I f8nally get all the available top air RTAs in, and another is introduced.

ETA: FastTech has 'em listed, but 16 days out...

• Agree
Reactions: muth

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Tastes are subjective but will you be doing a round-up after all is said and done? If anything, I'd be curious as to your personal favs among this top air group. Have any entered your daily rotation, etc.
Of course!

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Not sure this is available from a US supplier, but this looks interesting:

eXpromizer

This is quite the endeavor you’re pursuing, Shawn! I’m sure the community appreciates your efforts! I certainly do.
I was looking at this one (briefly) so I appreciate the link. Aside from giving Shawn one more atty to buy and try, I'd say it was worth looking in to. I'm going to keep it in mind;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread