Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
My regulated are too many and mech are too few.,opposite yours.
Lol, I have 10 mechs ( tomorrow my 11th will show up) and 2 regulated. I figure it is time to even it off a bit. Maybe half as many regulated as mechs would be nice, as I use regulated much less often.

Reactions: FΛDED

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The rubber bridge tube that is not replaceable, according to him, makes me quite hesitant. I already know how fast the rubber tubing will skunk up from the bottles, and make juice taste wierd. That bridge is going to do the same thing, and when it does, it's going to effect the flavor of anything that flows through it. It looks like I could probably change it, but it also looks like you need to desolder the 510 to get to it.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
I wasn't initially attracted to the mod TBH, kinda 50/50, after seeing the video I def think this will be a pass for me. The concerns I have with it are:

1) How good / efficient is the chip. After the Pulse 80 I'm kinda off any single cell mod that's not DNA and even then my next purchase will likely be a dual cell. Be interesting to see how battery life is. Nothing mentioned on the video at all about it, unless I missed it, but even the Pulse 80 was announced as having great battery life. Real life reviews vary on that one.

2) There's 4 potential leak points on it: bottle to bottom feed tube, bottom feed tube to carrier tube, carrier tube to 510 feed tube, 510 feed tube to 510 assembly. Hmmmm. I'm sure it has been tested well, be interesting to see if there are problems though once the mods hit the market with widespread and protracted use. I'm guessing 6 months down the road will be time enough for issues to become identified, as it would with any mod. There will always be rogue units with problems, it's the nature of mass manufacture, what concerns me is more widespread problems over and above what might be considered the failure norm, such as happened with the Smoant Cylon and screen failures.

3) That non-replaceable 510 tube bothers me. Another thing to degrade.

4) Overly complex cleaning should you wish to clean out the whole system vs just the bottle, something I do regularly just to avoid gunking up. I like to keep gear clean and in good working order, not leaving it because cleaning is a bit of a hassle.

Certainly applaud the creativity on this but I think the USP of it, the top fill bottle, has been marketed by maybe making (for me, much) more of an issue out of current refill methods than what it really is, especially if you choose devices carefully (and those devices don't have the multiple potential leak points). I've never cross threaded a Wotofo refill cap, I don't do it multiple times a day and Vandy Vape in particular do a real good job with their squonk bottles such that I don't get a mess of juice at all when I refill them. My tissue budget is negligible. The ease with which you can fill it for me though is more than countered at the other end with the complex cleaning and the potential for leakage and that small top tube to degrade.

I can see how it will appeal to folks with the 10ml bottle and the spare refill bottle (almost Vicious Ant style but without the carry cartridge) and even the design, it's a quite attractive mod, but nothing attracts me to use this over any other single cell mods I have. Indeed, even if I were in the market for another single cell squonk mod there'd likely be others I'd choose over this.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Even though this might not be a Mod that I will buy, I will say that it looks like a Lot of Thought went into the Design and Functionality of this device.

Did you notice the use of SS Shoulder Screws where possible?

Also Really Like the level of Detail that the Vid goes into showing How things Work. And How everything goes together.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Even though this might not be a Mod that I will buy, I will say that it looks like a Lot of Thought went into the Design and Functionality of this device.

Did you notice the use of SS Shoulder Screws where possible?

Also Really Like the level of Detail that the Vid goes into showing How things Work. And How everything goes together.
I agree. It does look like it was thought out and designed well. I understand there are limitations that require the use of the rubber bridge tube (needs to be flexible for the 510 to move). And I would love it if this in depth look into new products were the normal thing every reveiwer would do.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree. It does look like it was thought out and designed well. I understand there are limitations that require the use of the rubber bridge tube (needs to be flexible for the 510 to move). And I would love it if this in depth look into new products were the normal thing every reveiwer would do.

For someone like myself, the Bridge Tube makes no difference. Because I run Unflavored in All my Squonk Bottles. And use a Flavored Wick when I rebuild.

My thing is the Size of the Mod. But for Everyone else, that Bridge Tube should be Something to Consider.

Reactions: Zaryk

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Now seeing how the squonk actually happens I am learning towards purchasing this device. The spliced tube does give me a little concern not being able to replace if needed or remove it . Cleaning seems simple though running clean water thru the system so getting at that tube is not that bad? The 21700 is also a huge plus too and FW update for VV,and TC nice addition.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Now seeing how the squonk actually happens I am learning towards purchasing this device. The spliced tube does give me a little concern not being able to replace if needed or remove it . Cleaning seems simple though running clean water thru the system so getting at that tube is not that bad? The 21700 is also a huge plus too and FW update for VV,and TC nice addition.
It would take a while to skunk up that tube with regular use. Just be sure to wash the tube out if you plan to shelf the mod for a while and you probably won't have much issue.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
A manually adjustable 510 would have been better, could have had a full SS juice path to the 510 instead of the silicone tube. I'll probably still get one though once I see some reviews.
The manually adjusted 510 would still need a flexible line connection, it still moves up and down.

Edit- and the problem there is that it also spins around.

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
The manually adjusted 510 would still need a flexible line connection, it still moves up and down.

Edit- and the problem there is that it also spins around.

Most still do but you could design it so it doesn't have to move, take the 510 on the Reo P67 for example.

• Agree
Reactions: puffon

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Most still do but you could design it so it doesn't have to move, take the 510 on the Reo P67 for example.
Never used a reo, but I have plenty of manual adjustable 510 mods, and some that are spring loaded and manually adjustable. If it doesnt move and the 510 is set high, your going to gap with most atomizers, and if it's too deep some won't make contact at all. Too complicated and potentially restricts what you could use. The tube was definitely a necessary evil.

Last edited:

J_B_86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
QLD, Australia
Never used a reo, but I have plenty of manual adjustable 510 mods, and some that are spring loaded and manually adjustable. If it doesnt move and the 510 is set high, your going to gap with most atomizers, and if it's too deep some won't make contact at all. Too complicated and potentially restricts what you could use. The tube was definitely a necessary evil.

It is really quite simple, at the bottom of the 510 you have a fixed part that doesn't move, the juice feeds from the bottle into this part. The positive pin is basically a screw which threads in to the fixed part and you simply turn the pin either way to move the pin up and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread