Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
It appears to me that the black rubber plug part that's on the spare bottle could be removed and placed on the cap of the in-mod bottle if needed.
The brass inserts the the bottles use for the screws can easily pull out so be extra cautious with tightening them, just snug, no more.
I never even looked at one of the spare bottles till this morning.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
TIP

Right after Jai talks about the fill cap magnet, he talks about how hard it is fill to the top with juice. Here I use a trick. I squeeze the squonk bottle while filling and then back off a bit of squeezing when it gets suddenly full or very close to it. This has been working very well for me. ;)

xtrasyn

Mar 13, 2018
DXB
Hi guys, thanks for all the previous chatter here so I had to trawl through 26 pages to see if anyone had my issues lol.

Anyway. Anyone have a strong silicone flavor issue? I admit both of my Topsides (both sourced from different vendors) have a very present rubber taste. It could be I'm a dunce for not flushing them out before use but I was racing to feel the hype. :)

In general, is there any advisable method of cleansing silicone bottles? Like a 'grandma' style tip?
"Always add a drop of 'x' in your bottle" type of thing?

I see several updates on the Dovpo website. One regular update, one for VV, one for TC. Can you have all working at the same time?

I ordered one from Heaven Gifts. I also added an extra spare bottle in the order, in the expectation of getting two spares total. I got only one. I will harass them later to refund me the ordered spare as they clearly screwed the pooch. So be careful.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Hi guys, thanks for all the previous chatter here so I had to trawl through 26 pages to see if anyone had my issues lol.

Anyway. Anyone have a strong silicone flavor issue? I admit both of my Topsides (both sourced from different vendors) have a very present rubber taste. It could be I'm a dunce for not flushing them out before use but I was racing to feel the hype. :)

In general, is there any advisable method of cleansing silicone bottles? Like a 'grandma' style tip?
"Always add a drop of 'x' in your bottle" type of thing?

I see several updates on the Dovpo website. One regular update, one for VV, one for TC. Can you have all working at the same time?

I ordered one from Heaven Gifts. I also added an extra spare bottle in the order, in the expectation of getting two spares total. I got only one. I will harass them later to refund me the ordered spare as they clearly screwed the pooch. So be careful.
Once flashed to TC you still have Wattage and Bypass. I have never tried the VV firmware, can't imagine why anyone would but to each their own.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I upgraded to 1.1 base and now I can’t upgrade it to TC. Ah well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I didn't find out what difference the upgrade makes yet, wouldn't upgrade until I do. IOW, I have a lot of gear that has had upgradeable firmware that I have not upgraded. They worked just fine as is for me, so I don't need to fix what ain't broke for my uses.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Does anyone have an issue where the display counts down to 5 watts by itself. Then if you press the fire button it goes to bypass mode ?
Then wattage down does nothing and wattage up makes the display go to 90w then scroll down to 5w by itself.
Have upgraded all firmware versions and get the same results. Though it does come good for a day or two, then back to problems.

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
I don't want TC or VV firmware in my Topsides.

This is silly. When you buy a Topside you have VV firmware in it, like it or not. If not buy a mechanical device.

If you get yourself to upgrade the Topside to TC firmware you have both and can switch between TC and VV whenever you want. This has been stated here in this thread and elsewhere numerous times.

Cheers.

• Disagree
Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
With a new Topside comes VW (variable wattage) and bypass mode (similar to a mechanical).
Upgrade to TC firmware and you have variable wattage, temperature control and bypass mode.
Upgrade to VV firmware it then has variable voltage adjustment.
I suspect with the VV firmware that variable wattage and bypass mode are present also but don't know for sure.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I would like to know for sure what each update includes, if anyone knows for sure please post, I have one coming in a few days, while Temp is nice it is not a necessity for me, I would use VW the most any way, but I really like the option of V.V. also It took me a few days to even locate the right website for Firmware updates and I bookmarked it so when it gets here I could download and update anything I feel might be useful and also mentioned earlier, about the cables it comes with is it the blue one or the black one that was a proper data transfer cable? I guess not a big deal as I have many I know that did updates for firmware. I guess it depends on if you get a newer one or the first batch, not sure on that either, I have high hopes for this mod and really don't want to junk it up with firmware that I won't use, I would rather have simple and good battery life, So I am thinking of just leaving as is, but the massive geek in me says get the most out of it. Also not to mention the page for updates was a B@tch to find for The site, it was directing me to many different sites that offered the mod for sale but not the actual Dovpo site. I also will post if the useless magnets work to hold the cap on. LOL, BTW I have a blue one on the way and they promised it came with the extra bottle attached. that alone has been a deal breaker for me with the reported sites that have not included them. 1 more thing is who has the extra bottles in the U.S. without gouging for shipping? two is still not enough for me especially being it is a one of a kind type bottle,another reason why it took me this long to justify a purchase.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Sorry for all the questions on the last post, but really hyped to get mine, another question was if anyone knows of any BF RTa's that match the colors Not a real big deal breaker but nice to know, I quess silver or black would be fine, But me being ocd about color matches curios, if anybody has perfect matches on colors that would be nice to see. Thanks, just totally anticipating mine and I will be stalking the Mail man Monday.

Reactions: BillW50

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Has a dual version been confirmed?
Yes its dual 18650, Hope's to be available around christmas.
Brian has shown different colors on live shows recently.
He also stated that with the dual they replaced the silver color with green. Which I thought was interesting.

c3scott

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
PA
Yes its dual 18650, Hope's to be available around christmas.
Brian has shown different colors on live shows recently.
He also stated that with the dual they replaced the silver color with green. Which I thought was interesting.

I have a topside. Juice accumulates on 510 more than other mods. Only drop rda used. Board is under 510. Wet battery discovered before I knew it was an issue with this mod. Fogging screen. Not impressed with Dovpo customer service. Not interested in dual mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread