Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Both my Topsides are performing just fine, no problems at all.
Not much going on here lately.

All three of mine are also flawless. I have over a month of 24/7 constant use on two of them now, and two plus weeks on the third one. I liked them when I first got them, they are my favorites now.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So, now thanks to @Asbestos4004 and his introduction of me of mech squonking, I've decided to join the pinkie excersising crowd. Naturally I ordered a Topside, and now sat down to read through this thread and familiarize myself with the already ordered mod.

Just to be sure I've got all the issues clear to check off on receipt, I should have an extra bottle in a separate box. If not I should yell at VaporDNA. I hate yelling at them as they're usually so nice, but you do what you gotta do.

In order to flash the firmware, I need a data usb cable (sorta makes sense, same as using eScribe with my DNA stuff) hold down the plus and minus buttons and then slam the fire button during that less than a second window of time when it blinks at me. Nice to know I can get to use all that twitchy fast motion I spent years developing while player FPS games.

It may it may not leak from the mod's 510 connector down inside onto the battery. The reason for that is unknown, does not occur on all units and may or may not be cured by placing an o ring in a place no one has actually specified should it be required. But at least it's an option.

And don't count on the magnet on the bottom of the mod thing when refilling the bottle from the top or run the risk of vaping dog hair.

Did I miss anything? I want to feel prepared for delivery hopefully on Friday. I intensely dislike unexpected surprises.

Otherwise sounds great! Can't wait to play with it.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
So, now thanks to @Asbestos4004 and his introduction of me of mech squonking, I've decided to join the pinkie excersising crowd. Naturally I ordered a Topside, and now sat down to read through this thread and familiarize myself with the already ordered mod.

Just to be sure I've got all the issues clear to check off on receipt, I should have an extra bottle in a separate box. If not I should yell at VaporDNA. I hate yelling at them as they're usually so nice, but you do what you gotta do.

In order to flash the firmware, I need a data usb cable (sorta makes sense, same as using eScribe with my DNA stuff) hold down the plus and minus buttons and then slam the fire button during that less than a second window of time when it blinks at me. Nice to know I can get to use all that twitchy fast motion I spent years developing while player FPS games.

It may it may not leak from the mod's 510 connector down inside onto the battery. The reason for that is unknown, does not occur on all units and may or may not be cured by placing an o ring in a place no one has actually specified should it be required. But at least it's an option.

And don't count on the magnet on the bottom of the mod thing when refilling the bottle from the top or run the risk of vaping dog hair.

Did I miss anything? I want to feel prepared for delivery hopefully on Friday. I intensely dislike unexpected surprises.

Otherwise sounds great! Can't wait to play with it.
your reading comprehension is phenomenal....however, it's good form to make a waaaaay bigger deal about the magnet thingy. :blink:

• Winner
Reactions: dwcraig1

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
your reading comprehension is phenomenal....however, it's good form to make a waaaaay bigger deal about the magnet thingy. :blink:

I thought the vaping dog hair part was sufficient to address that problematic feature. I can redo it if you think it will help.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's completely up to you....you may want to ask yourself, "do I want to fit in, or not?" :lol:

Ugh. Fine. Let's try this.

If the magnet isn't strong enough to stick to the bottom of my iPhone when refilling, this design is a total fail.

Better?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

That is what is Totally holding me back on buying this Mod.

I mean, what is I got a Mod and the fill cap Wouldn't stick to the Magnet?
Or the magnet Wasn't strong enough to hang the Mod on my Frig?
Or the magnet was Too Strong and erased my 32GB Flash Drive?

These are the Things that keep me up at Night.

:blink:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Listen up jerks......the magnet is AMAZING!!!! I'm best friends with Brian and the entire mod was designed around the magnet! If you're not onboard with the magnet, then maybe you shouldn't be vaping. Gosh!
Then please ask Brian why some of them have been manufactured in reverse? How does that supposed to work when the cap repels? Was that the plan? 2 of mine does and 2 of mine doesn't.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Listen up jerks......the magnet is AMAZING!!!! I'm best friends with Brian and the entire mod was designed around the magnet! If you're not onboard with the magnet, then maybe you shouldn't be vaping. Gosh!

Not sure if it is True or Not? Because my Neighbor overheard his Wife's Brother in Law saying that a Friend of his heard it on reddit. But the word is that Brian has some Questionable Ties to the USMMA.

US Magnetic Materials Association

Just say'n.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Then please ask Brian why some of them have been manufactured in reverse? How does that supposed to work when the cap repels? Was that the plan? 2 of mine does and 2 of mine doesn't.
It's pretty obvious....you have 2 beginner mods and 2 advanced vaping machines.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
The technology is old. I just find it slighly annoying how everyone is praising this thing. It works like this device from about 2010.
upload_2018-11-14_17-35-20.jpeg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The technology is old. I just find it slighly annoying how everyone is praising this thing. It works like this device from about 2010.
View attachment 780031

That vapes? I thought I used that to sweat copper pipes. I've gotta remember to always read the instructions on these things.

Reactions: dwcraig1

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
View attachment 780031

Ahh...I miss Super T. But it’s clear why it failed to catch on: not a single magnet in the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread