Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Then please ask Brian why some of them have been manufactured in reverse? How does that supposed to work when the cap repels? Was that the plan? 2 of mine does and 2 of mine doesn't.

It's pretty obvious....you have 2 beginner mods and 2 advanced vaping machines.

I just tried it again. Although I used a very powerful magnet this time. It is called a Monster Magnet Pick Up Tool that can lift 15lbs.

My Dovpo Topside black and red ones:
  • It repels the bottom of the battery door
  • It attracts the inside of the swinging battery door
  • It repels the inside of the mod itself
  • It attracts to the top of the fill cap
My Dovpo Topside blue and purple ones:
  • It attracts the bottom of the battery door
  • It repels the inside of the swinging battery door
  • It repels the inside of the mod itself
  • It attracts to the top of the fill cap
You know what this tells me? The two magnets on the swinging door (blue and purple) have been glued in backwards. This also makes it very difficult to close the battery door. And forget about hanging the fill cap on the bottom.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
@BillW50 , then clearly you have the magnets on the door/ mod installed incorrectly. There is another scenario as for how the door/mod batteries could be installed correctly as to door function yet still not hold the cap on the bottom of the door. So what I'm trying to say is just because the cap won't stick to the door doesn't mean the magnets are installed backwards on the door as there are most likely some folks have mods where it would :
attract to top of cap
attract on bottom of door
repel inside door
attract inside mod
The way yours are installed I view as a problem.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
But dwcraig1, there are two magnets on the bottom of the mod (not on the door) and one on the fill cap. Just ignoring the 2 on the door, all 4 of my Topsides has the same magnetic polarity. That is 3 magnets ignoring the 2 on the door right? Or are there more?

So why would those 3 have the same magnetic polarity on all 4 Topsides, but have the two on the door reversed on 2 of them? Now when you try to close the door, the magnets are repelling one another. That is a very bad idea and how do you expect the door to close correctly, let alone have the top cap stay on the bottom?

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
But dwcraig1, there are two magnets on the bottom of the mod (not on the door) and one on the fill cap. Just ignoring the 2 on the door, all 4 of my Topsides has the same magnetic polarity. That is 3 magnets ignoring the 2 on the door right? Or are there more?

So why would those 3 have the same magnetic polarity on all 4 Topsides, but have the two on the door reversed on 2 of them? Now when you try to close the door, the magnets are repelling one another. That is a very bad idea and how do you expect the door to close correctly, let alone have the top cap stay on the bottom?
Just an observation, with all due respect. Now that your Aegis Legend issues are resolved, the topside is now in your crosshairs? I work with a guy who's never happy unless he has something to complain about, I think he just needs a hug.

• Winner
Reactions: zoiDman

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012

What I was trying to say is just because the cap won't stick to the door isn't an indication of whether the the ones in door are going to attract or repel each other. If they don't attract each other then they are installed incorrectly. And the ones in the cap they need to repel each other. I honestly don't see the cap sticking to the battery door as anything other than an accidental situation created by using magnets for two separate applications.
The magnets in the door/mod are able to, when installed a certain way, still repel each other but still hold the cap to the door.
Edit: obviously there are two magnets in the fill cap.....just saying

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Here is what I am saying dwcraig1. I have 4 Topsides. Say if I remove all of the doors and test them for magnetic polarity. There is no difference between them at all. Now attach the doors and my blue a purple ones will repel the closing of the door. Sure it makes things harder but you can still close it. But it isn't the end of the story, the fill cap also repels the bottom of the door. You really think that one magnet pushing two other magnets away is really the best way to do it?

Reactions: dwcraig1

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There's one thing about the whole magnet thing I don't get, and it's not the polarity thing.

The whole idea of this mod was to have a top fill squonk bottle to make life easier and less messy. The top magnetized cap has a sorta stopper on the bottom of the cap to help keep the liquid in the bottle. Now, unless you vape this thing perfectly vertical at all times, the natural tilting of the mod will make those rubber stoppers wet.

Now, if the magnet is properly oriented, and it's strong enough to cling to the bottom of the mod while you refill the bottle, the stopper thingys will be facing down during that maneuver. Thereby dripping any residual juice down onto whatever is below the mod when you're filling it like your pants or table or car seat or your mother in law's coffee table. Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole let's avoid a mess design goal the miod was created for? Wouldn't simply inverting the cap, placing it on a surface flat side down,moist/wet stoppers pointed up, be a much neater way of refilling the thing? Why would I possibly want to stick a dripping top cap on the bottom of the mod in the first place?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Here's the way it needs to be on the door, the magnets on the door attract to the magnets on the bottom of the case to assist in holding the door closed. The magnets in the cap need to repel each other in order for the cap to pop up when unscrewed so you know you can stop turning and pull.
As far as the cap engineered to be placed on the door for filling? (BS in IMO)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sure it gets wet. Drip? I've never seen it actually drip. Why have you?

Nope. Won't have mine until tomorrow because Fedex couldn't get it to me thanks to a freaking snowstorm that was supposed to only be flurries. I just don't see how holding a wet anything facing down won't run the risk of gravity having final a say in it. Even if there are super duper rare earth metal magnets that could pick up a subway car so that cap won't go anywhere, I just don't get why I'd want something wet hanging off the bottom of the mod.

But I get all OCDish about making messes so you have to take that into account.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Here's the way it needs to be on the door, the magnets on the door attract to the magnets on the bottom of the case to assist in holding the door closed.
Exactly! 2 of mine does do this while the other 2 does not.

The magnets in the cap need to repel each other in order for the cap to pop up when unscrewed so you know you can stop turning and pull.
It feels more like a spring to me, but if there are 2 magnets ok.

As far as the cap engineered to be placed on the door for filling? (BS in IMO)
Yeah well not very important to me either but if you wanted to do it, it really works (if the magnets in the door aren't reversed).

• Agree
Reactions: dwcraig1

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Nope. Won't have mine until tomorrow because Fedex couldn't get it to me thanks to a freaking snowstorm that was supposed to only be flurries. I just don't see how holding a wet anything facing down won't run the risk of gravity having final a say in it. Even if there are super duper rare earth metal magnets that could pick up a subway car so that cap won't go anywhere, I just don't get why I'd want something wet hanging off the bottom of the mod.

But I get all OCDish about making messes so you have to take that into account.
Well I grabbed one and shook the hell out of it. Removed the top cap and placed on it on the bottom and waited 2 minutes. Not even one drop started forming. I don't think that is ever happening. :)

Reactions: Eskie

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I had this happen about a week or so ago and was concerned that if I posted it there would be at least one person "over doing" this and breaking/over tightening their door screws.
I'm coming home from work, it's dark, I have to stop quicker than I would like, the mods between my legs on the seat. I grab it so it doesn't fly off the seat onto the floor. In doing so I accident opened the battery door.
While driving I'm trying to close it but it won't stay closed, I think it's broken, can't see it as I'm driving. Thinking about it for 9 miles I figure that one of the door screws snapped or fell out.
When I stopped and looked at it there was nothing wrong, just me trying to close it in it's retracted position.
When I got home I decided to check these screws for tightness as I surely would play heck finding a replacement.....all 4 were a couple of turns loose.
These do not need to be tight...just snug enough that they don't work loose.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
46299371_2195249223832623_8447278906825768960_n.jpg

Looks to be about 1.5 mm, maybe 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread