Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I had luck with my door, only 1.25 turns loose on one screw, after a few weeks of use, and no loosening since. My thoughts are that the looser it got before tightening, the more wear on the threads. It really isn't the greatest design for a closure, as I feel with the fill port as well. I could see not using a rivet for replacibility of a broken door, but then why make the door out of plastic in the first place. It almost screams aftermarket upgrade, but for such a niche, why bother. I am considering the carbon, but I think I'd rather spend the money on a Kickstarter for aF support, as I'm invested in 2x700 batteries, and only see a 200w carbon, if I'm not mistaken.
Yes 2x battery mods are what I,and sure most of the vape community have moved over too. It's amazing that we still see these companies try to reinvent the dual 18650 mods knowing dual 2X battery devices are out ??
Maybe they will wake up one day. I know 18650 devices are smaller but 2X battery devices have that step up over the 18650.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Sorry, double checked, zinc door... Zinc always throws me off, feels plasticy. And the smaller mods, single cell or dual 18650 still have a place. I'm a big enough guy that the 90w fits in my penny pocket, but there are plenty of people that feel an 18650 is too much to carry, let alone fit comfortably in the hand. I keep a pod with me for backup when the rx2 20700 I have is more than I want to bring with, as it doesn't fit in any of my pockets well, so necessitates a bag.

Attachments

• IMG_20190504_145034.jpg
    IMG_20190504_145034.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: puffon

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
So,how is everyone getting on with there topside? Mine is still going strong. The only problem I have is having to nip up the screws that hold the hinge in place each time I have to change and charge battery.

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Same

Loctite the threads if they keep coming loose. There’s blue and red and one is permanent and one not as permanent. Don’t remember which is which off hand but should at least decrease the frequency of having to tighten them.

Oh someone already said that

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Loctite the threads if they keep coming loose. There’s blue and red and one is permanent and one not as permanent. Don’t remember which is which off hand but should at least decrease the frequency of having to tighten them.
Iirc, the blue is the one with super glue in the mix, red is pretty much iron oxide powder(why it's red) and Elmer's glue.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Iirc, the blue is the one with super glue in the mix, red is pretty much iron oxide powder(why it's red) and Elmer's glue.
With loctite, blue is medium strength (can be removed with hand tools). Red is high strength (requires heat to remove).

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I can’t imagine having worries about having to take the screws out for any reason so permanent loctite or superglue, gorilla glue, take your pick for your favorite adhesive, give it time to dry and I can’t imagine you’d ever have to tighten those screws ever again.
So is that the only issue people are having with the topside? I know there was the problem with liquid getting to the chip causing problems but I’m guessing the majority of those were people wanting to get every mm of bottle filled with ejuice and it leaking due to the way it’s designed. I’m curious because I held of on getting one because I want the Yihi one. Didn’t seem prudent to get one to use for a few months and then being a backup since I have backups covered. Just hoping the Carbon has eliminated any issues, would like to see a permanent structure change that makes juice getting to the chip even when overfilled impossible. Also waterproof the chip and finally strengthen that battery door. It’s got the looks but I’d like to see it address all complaints since they’re charging a premium. I’m a form follows function kinda guy so even though it looks good that is definitely secondary to performance. That one reason I hate Smok mods. Not only do they believe function follows form but their idea of form is crap, so they got it backwards and upside down. Just wanted to take a shot at Smok there, I think we are required to do one a day so I’ve met my quota. Well it’s just about bedtime for me, which entails vaping and watching tv while trying to sleep for the next couple hours. Just wish I could hit the hay and be off to dreamland simultaneously like when I was a young man and drank like a fish, lol. Well need to load my sub-ohm tank with some 30 mg nicotine, get my 40 ounces of espresso, get comfy in bed and struggle to get some shut eye. Just wish I could figure out why I have such trouble getting to sleep. I don’t know probably the obvious, too much stress. Well good night, sleep tight, and I’ll check back in every 30 minutes for the next 8 hours. :facepalm:

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Have never had any issues with my 3 Topsides in the 7.5 months I've had them other than having to tighten 2 of the 6 door hinge screws when that issue was first mentioned many moons ago. They have never loosened up again. I run Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on all of mine. However the Topsides and Mesh Pro's have fallen somewhat out of favor since I bought 9 Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's that I mostly run on mech squonk mods and 5 Wotofo Profile Unity Mesh RTA's that I run on TC mods.

dmp3ss.jpg DS-ProfileS.jpg profileP67sl.jpg WPUx5s.jpg

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
7364cc27cafea276dec491ac7103764b.jpg

Now this seems like a problem is in the making. A leaking slightly above the hinge. Note that the other side where the bottle is is bone dry. Anybody encountered this problem?

Is the battery all wet?
I have two, one leaks and the other doesn't. The 510 is on top of the battery's positive contact, I think the 510 is doing the leaking on mine that leaks.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Is the battery all wet?
I have two, one leaks and the other doesn't. The 510 is on top of the battery's positive contact, I think the 510 is doing the leaking on mine that leaks.

The battery is bone dry. Liquid seeps from the seam between the bottom of the mod and its body. I’m afraid it’s coming from the chip’s housing.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
The battery is bone dry. Liquid seeps from the seam between the bottom of the mod and its body. I’m afraid it’s coming from the chip’s housing.

Excuse my less then optimally caffeinated mind, but if I'm reading correctly, and inferring in a similar manner, the bottle is leaking from somewhere, and running across the floor plate?

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Excuse my less then optimally caffeinated mind, but if I'm reading correctly, and inferring in a similar manner, the bottle is leaking from somewhere, and running across the floor plate?

Nope. The bottle and the bottom plate are dry. It’s the chip housing and there are signs of liquid in the charge port.

It’s not a problem so far. But in the future it will pose a problem.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I'm looking into getting a topside and had a quick question.

Does the mod still come with a squonk bottle in a separate box from the mod itself? I just want to be sure not to short myself if I buy it locally.
If youre in the EU it comes with two bottles seperatly. In the US, one in the mod and one seperatly.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

• Useful
Reactions: Zaryk

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
If youre in the EU it comes with two bottles seperatly. In the US, one in the mod and one seperatly.

Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know. The shop I'm dealing with isn't what I would call honorable. So I just wanted to have my facts straight beforehand.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Thanks. Exactly what I needed to know. The shop I'm dealing with isn't what I would call honorable. So I just wanted to have my facts straight beforehand.
Same here. Mine came with one. I went back to complain, they told me to read the box to see what should be included. I checked the box, when back, with the box and dovpo website, which shows it only coming with two bottles. They told me I was SoL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread