Topside squonker from Dovpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Black and really gold more gold than the black/gray has,or supposed black/gray.
I'm so confused???

I got mine in today.
AF1QipOAVtNpnFlbPa0h2Jp-tnhyD_pXbVUYRtQOf8II=s512-p-qv=pgoh31q8o927ere1c0v33mte99o71g5f1,m=1e8fe905e2fd4636cc921313be3eb950,x=,t=25-iv3821

The black and gold has a lot of gold in it.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I've been using the topside now for a few days. I really like the innovative bottle design and the mod itself works like a charm.

I have two issues with it, one minor and one I won't know until I did further.

1. The power up and down buttons are too recessed, my thumb can't work them unless I really concentrate pressure on the tip.
2. The second bottle I have has some kind of issue. I have to really press hard to get juice to feed, which is unlike the other bottle that came with the mod. I had trouble getting the last 5 mls to feed properly.

Does anyone know if there is a hose in the bottle? I can't see well enough to tell.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BillW50

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I just received a gift from my brother, that I have taken care of very well on his way to Vaping, I was very surprised to get a package in the mail a low and behold it was a was a Gunmetal Dual Topside, Now I had the Blue Single topside for sometime now and loved and recommended it to him. well he bought two of them and had one shipped to me. Really love this thing, It is my main at home mod now, I have to say I still am taking the old pulse 80's in pocket to work for portability, but when I get home I go right for the Dual topside, and that is with a dresser full of DNA mods, This thing just works and works well no problems or anything to fuss about. What a great gift, from one brother to another. I will of course return the favor with a bunch of random free stuff in my next package of juice and RDA's to Him, Karma is good and real.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I've been using the topside now for a few days. I really like the innovative bottle design and the mod itself works like a charm.

1. The power up and down buttons are too recessed, my thumb can't work them unless I really concentrate pressure on the tip.
2. The second bottle I have has some kind of issue. I have to really press hard to get juice to feed, which is unlike the other bottle that came with the mod. I had trouble getting the last 5 mls to feed properly.

Does anyone know if there is a hose in the bottle? I can't see well enough to tell.

There should be a hose in the bottle -- in fact, there needs to be one for it to feed properly. To check for sure, take off the metal portion of the bottle assembly. There's two small hex head screws holding it on. Once the screws are out you can separate the top from the silicone bottle and check to make sure the hose is there.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

Most likely the end of the hose at the bottom of the bottle end hasn't been cut at an angle and is sitting flat against the bottom of the bottle. Remove the bottles top with the supplied Allen key and cut the end of the hose at an angle.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
There should be a hose in the bottle -- in fact, there needs to be one for it to feed properly. To check for sure, take off the metal portion of the bottle assembly. There's two small hex head screws holding it on. Once the screws are out you can separate the top from the silicone bottle and check to make sure the hose is there.
Most likely the end of the hose at the bottom of the bottle end hasn't been cut at an angle and is sitting flat against the bottom of the bottle. Remove the bottles top with the supplied Allen key and cut the end of the hose at an angle.

Thanks so much for the replies... I'll give it a check.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
There is no tubing in the topside bottle, but there is a little piece that connects inside of mod and to get to it you need to disassemble the mod.
I Don't know why you are disagreeing with me? when you take the bottle out of the topside there is no tubing, like most others there is and it is a well know fact that the tube should be cut at a angle, It might be me but I see no tubing on mine?

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I Don't know why you are disagreeing with me? when you take the bottle out of the topside there is no tubing, like most others there is and it is a well know fact that the tube should be cut at a angle, It might be me but I see no tubing on mine?

I just took it apart, there is a tube in there. You can't see it unless you take it a part, at least I couldn't.

It is cut at an angle and looks long enough too... hmmmm. Like I said, the other bottle works fine, the other one will feed but it takes way too much effort.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
It's got to be something I did wrong on the refill or something. The tube has no obstruction or anything of that nature. It was my second time refilling it and first time using the other bottle. Perhaps I overfilled maybe? As the juice got lower it formed an air lock of sorts, maybe?

I am at a total loss after seeing that tube. It's gotta be user error.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Are you getting any leaking around the neck of the bottle that won't feed properly? The reason I ask is that a buddy of mine had a defective bottle in that the silicon neck was a little malformed and was not making a good seal with the metal cap. It exhibited very sluggish squonk action since air (and juice) were leaking out from the seam under the cap. He was able to get a replacement bottle from the place he purchased it at, and problem was solved.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Makes me wonder now if it is sealing right in the sleeve, or if somehow you have a air leak or something along the way past the bottle. ? Maybe check the seal on the topcap?
Are you getting any leaking around the neck of the bottle that won't feed properly? The reason I ask is that a buddy of mine had a defective bottle in that the silicon neck was a little malformed and was not making a good seal with the metal cap. It exhibited very sluggish squonk action since air (and juice) were leaking out from the seam under the cap. He was able to get a replacement bottle from the place he purchased it at, and problem was solved.

I checked for any deformities, there's nothing noticeable. I hooked that bottle back up and it's still the same. It's baffling...... I do hear air though, definitely. It must not be sealing properly on that one bottle for some reason. I tightened it as tight as I could.

I'll shoot Element Vape an email.

• Optimistic

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I checked for any deformities, there's nothing noticeable. I hooked that bottle back up and it's still the same. It's baffling...... I do hear air though, definitely. It must not be sealing properly on that one bottle for some reason. I tightened it as tight as I could.

I'll shoot Element Vape an email.
So does the bottle feel soft or firm when full and trying to squonk?
There is a small o-ring inside the metal part of the bottle where the bottle seals to the nipple of the mod's 510, an extra o-ring is supplied with the bottle I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread