Topside squonker from Dovpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeebob

Oct 21, 2018
Update:
My black and red ones were swapped out yesterday. The magnets hold the cap OK now and updating works just fine now as well.

IMPORTANT: If you cannot flash your device - after the 17 finger acrobatic trick you have to perform - with a known good (!) cable -- you have no other choice then sending it back and get it replaced. (see my posts a couple of pages back)

BTW, you can change power in TC mode (fire + up button). The "power" mode is VW. In general the device reads the resistance a bit on the low end, which of course means in TC mode the vape is cooler than expected.

Cheers.
DovpoUSA contacted me today and he said that if we can't get my Topside to flash (Saturday.. Only time I can do it on the phone with him), then they will replace it. We shall see!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
So I ordered my 2nd one from VaporDNA, I see they were one of the sellers that had to be reminded to include the 2nd bottle. I reminded them in the comments of my order that I was expecting them to include it.
I bought from them because they are fairly close by (LA area), my package is coming from Memphis Tennessee....LOL

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I guess that shouldn't be complaining about it as it has already arrived at the San Diego sort facility. I'll almost get it today but it will be tomorrow, one more hop till on the truck.

I'm around 340 miles from a San Diego vendor I buy from often that on average takes 7-10 days to ship, so 10 to 14 days to receive. And when they forget to ship it might take a month. So I agree, you should have no complaints. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
My 2nd one just arrived, flash went according to directions, bottle kit was included, vaping on it now.
I have removed the o-ring from my atty to see if this one is going to leak on the top. While examining the top I noticed that the delrin ring around the 510 is slightly higher than the landing pad of the 510. Looking at the delrin ring/510 on my first one they appear level.

Edit: back to using the o-ring I guess...
What I guess I should try is maybe a different atty and see how that goes.
No luck with the changed atty.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Today though everything made 180° turn. Shortly after my first refill on my red one, a stream of juice started running down the front side (leaking from the top of the 510). Luckily I caught it before running into something important. And I noticed that I now have to take my RDA off and clean everything every 3ml of juice before it starts running. I checked my black one which I only ran 5ml through, isn't so bad yet. I changed RDAs that runs dry on other squonkers and those does the same thing. No leaks inside so far, but I am surprised that Brian or any beta testers didn't catch this.
That was Sunday. Monday I pulled out the squonk bottle out and it was dripping wet outside and inside of the squonk bottle bay. Not sure why it was all wet but I cleaned it all up. Today is now early Wednesday morning and everything has stayed bone dry since. I can't explain any of this. :?:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
O-rings have resolved my issues. No juice on top with one rda, very little with second, moderate with the third. No juice in the battery compartment at all from first use. Love this thing. I do wish TC was adjustable in smaller increments. By 5's?
By 5's would be good, 10's a bit much.

What I'd like to see is real time battery voltage, perhaps instead of amps.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
pl8s.jpg

Pistachio Love in a Topside.

Mikeebob

Oct 21, 2018
DovpoUSA contacted me today and he said that if we can't get my Topside to flash (Saturday.. Only time I can do it on the phone with him), then they will replace it. We shall see!
UPDATE...
DovpoUSA emailed me and advised that he had several failed attempted updates to TC also. He said that the engineer team determined that a USB Data cable must be used to facilitate a successful update.
I came home tonight and got the USB cable from my Harmony Remote Control and tried again.. Worked on the 1st attempt. I now have TC and am a happy Topside owner! :)
Hope this helps others with the same issue.
IMG_6732.jpg

Mikeebob

Oct 21, 2018
@Mikeebob , do you mean a data only, no charge? I've know of charge only cables but data only is a new one for me, at least I don't have any.
The data USB will also charge. At least I assumed that my Harmony Remote control cable would be capable of transmitting data, as it was used to update my remote controller.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
The data USB will also charge. At least I assumed that my Harmony Remote control cable would be capable of transmitting data, as it was used to update my remote controller.
I would think that the mod would need power from the cable with it's battery removed.
Do you suppose they supplied you with a charge only cable? Lots of Lost Vape Orions shipped that way.
I never used the supplied cables as I have plenty attached already for DNA's.

• Agree
Reactions: Mikeebob

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
@Mikeebob , do you mean a data only, no charge? I've know of charge only cables but data only is a new one for me, at least I don't have any.

There is no such thing. You can have USB power only cables, but not a data only cable. No power differential between input and output = no data transfer.

BTW, both of my units could not be flashed with a proper cable I am using for DNA flashing without any issue. The two replacement units flashed trouble free.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread