EU TPD begins to take effect (DIYers in for more expense)

Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
At least we don't have that "still blowing smoke" fake vape vids with kids stuff yet, but I'm not very confident it'll never reach us.

The EU doesn't really have a very homogeneous regulation, each country has different laws and different media coverage, all in all it's a big mess. In germany it's theoretically even worse since the federal structure enables each state to pass its own interpretation or stricter regulation, it's not over by a long shot. At least our cancer research center started to acknowledge that vaping is far less harmful than smoking just last week... only took them a couple of years and some research from the UK to spell it out loud.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I diy myself but have you guys (uk as far as I know) seen it in shops and online where you buy 20/30ml bottles of premade??

Been around for a while now. I bought some 6 months ago to see what it’s like. You get a 30ml bottle of no nic juice and then they sell you a 10ml bottle of nic, then you do a bit of maths and chuck some of the 9mg or 18 into the bigger bottle to get 30ml of finished product.:facepalm:

So weird. And stupid.
The amount of waste (and seemingly ((at first glance)) indirect pennypinching).

The amount of extra is incredibly stupid. It used to be that I buy a glass bottle and done deal.

Now I have to buy a box which has some crap about the danger of nicotine. Inside the box is three more boxes. Inside those three boxes are those little plastic bottles...

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Wait 'til you see the pile of trash when you buy 1 liter of nic base in 100 10ml bottles, each in their little box along a little leaflet...
The only ones who get shafted by this are the consumers, even our industry/shops don't care, guess for them it's beneficial. Prices for 1l are at least twofold since that regulation came into effect.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Financial police (Guardia di Finanzia) razzia in Italy on a vape event
Svapor Expo: Guardia di Finanzia sequestra tutto, e "fine da' Fiera"
All liquid vendors in Italy need to be registered (I think since march 31st) and tons of liquid were confiscated by the police. The event goes on but only sales of hardware and flavors can be done.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I think the TPD have totally lost the plot....apart from the back handers they must be getting because that's the only thing that seems to make any sense.
    The Nic shots and Shortfill bottles seems absolutely daft, but do understand that it is a way round the stupid rules that have been thrust upon us. Thank god I stocked up on 7.2% Nic before the rules came into being.
    At least we can still buy larger quantities of pre made juice just a shame we have to much about with 10m Nic shots.
    I do get cross that the TPD are so narrow minded and don't seem to have listened to the majority.

Reactions: stols001

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    We now find ourselves in the position of buying tons of plastic 10ml bottles of weak 18mg/ml nicotine at an inflated cost whereas previous to the TPD we could get 500ml of 72mg/ml strength Nic for around £25. I've seen sone sites selling 10ml bottles of 1.8% for £3.99. Someone's making a lot of money.

VesiHiisi

Apr 14, 2018
    We now find ourselves in the position of buying tons of plastic 10ml bottles of weak 18mg/ml nicotine at an inflated cost whereas previous to the TPD we could get 500ml of 72mg/ml strength Nic for around £25. I've seen sone sites selling 10ml bottles of 1.8% for £3.99. Someone's making a lot of money.
    In finland at stores(u cant buy/sell at internet) its ATLEAST 7.5euros for 3mg-20mg/10ml, highest ive seen was 10.90€..... :cry:

Last year, it was 13euros for 100mg/100ml.....:(

Oh, and lately healt inspectors have been raiding vape shops and giving ultimatum's bcuz they are selling flavors, luckily shop keepers are atleast for the moment still selling .

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    In finland at stores(u cant buy/sell at internet) its ATLEAST 7.5euros for 3mg-20mg/10ml, highest ive seen was 10.90€..... :cry:

Last year, it was 13euros for 100mg/100ml.....:(

Oh, and lately healt inspectors have been raiding vape shops and giving ultimatum's bcuz they are selling flavors, luckily shop keepers are atleast for the moment still selling .
    Seems to be happening everywhere now. Its really not good enough. I get so frustrated that vaping is saving many many lives but unfortunately the governments if each country are loosing millions of pounds in lost revenue.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    Thing is, the only references to regulations, over a period of several years or more, is that big tobacco and big pharma were lobbying governments for the legislation. Go to any vaping forum and they are all saying the same thing, that it's big tobacco and big pharma's fault.

So now it's 2018. The TPD has prevented the consumer from being able to buy nicotine liquid stronger than 18mg.

How does this benefit big tobacco and big pharma ?.

Well it doesn't !.

So who would benefit from these regulations ?.

After all, absolutely anyone can looby a Minister.

Hmm, now this really is a thinker !.

I know who it definitely wouldn't be. It wouldn't be a lot of those advocates of the vaping community and >"industry" < who have appeared to have been lobbying against these regulations.

Or maybe big tobacco and big pharma did lobby for the regulations, spent hunders of thousands of pounds lobbying ministers, so the vaping industry could make much bigger profits from e liquid. That sounds like a sound business strategy to me. Yeah, spend hundreds of thousands of pounds lobbying to benefit the competition.

Yes !. that's what has happened.

Doesn't that make sense ?.

We've been told for years by people who we trust from the vaping industry that big pharma and big tobacco are out to get us. In fact they are still telling us this same stuff, and will continue to do so.

So it was big pharma and big tobacco.

Hey !, if the industry tells us it was them, regardless of how ridiculous it sounds, then it was definitely them.

Damn big tobacco and big pharma for enabling the vaping industry to quadruble their profits from e liquid.

Just a side note. If buying nicotine shots means having to add flavourings doesn't that means that the end product would be a lot less than 18mg ?.

I can't get a throat hit from that.

What good is that ?.

marianna

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    So now it's 2018. The TPD has prevented the consumer from being able to buy nicotine liquid stronger than 18mg.
    So we just don't buy ready-to-vape e-liquid, but base PG and/or VG (with and without nicotine) and flavors, to make our own juice.
    A few years ago a lot of vapers have already bunkered, refrigerators or freezers full.

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread