The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

TPD begins to take effect (DIYers in for more expense)

Discussion in 'EU Legislation' started by CoreyDog, Dec 2, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Looks like EU and USA are using similar uninformed vape experts to write laws. It shows in the work/laws they produce. I'm glad they are not any smarter. It shows in the due diligence they use to legislate.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. untar

untar Super Member

Feb 7, 2018
    At least we don't have that "still blowing smoke" fake vape vids with kids stuff yet, but I'm not very confident it'll never reach us.

The EU doesn't really have a very homogeneous regulation, each country has different laws and different media coverage, all in all it's a big mess. In germany it's theoretically even worse since the federal structure enables each state to pass its own interpretation or stricter regulation, it's not over by a long shot. At least our cancer research center started to acknowledge that vaping is far less harmful than smoking just last week... only took them a couple of years and some research from the UK to spell it out loud.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    I diy myself but have you guys (uk as far as I know) seen it in shops and online where you buy 20/30ml bottles of premade??

Been around for a while now. I bought some 6 months ago to see what it’s like. You get a 30ml bottle of no nic juice and then they sell you a 10ml bottle of nic, then you do a bit of maths and chuck some of the 9mg or 18 into the bigger bottle to get 30ml of finished product.:facepalm:

So weird. And stupid.
    The amount of waste (and seemingly ((at first glance)) indirect pennypinching).

The amount of extra is incredibly stupid. It used to be that I buy a glass bottle and done deal.

Now I have to buy a box which has some crap about the danger of nicotine. Inside the box is three more boxes. Inside those three boxes are those little plastic bottles...
  4. untar

untar Super Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Wait 'til you see the pile of trash when you buy 1 liter of nic base in 100 10ml bottles, each in their little box along a little leaflet...
    The only ones who get shafted by this are the consumers, even our industry/shops don't care, guess for them it's beneficial. Prices for 1l are at least twofold since that regulation came into effect.