Transition to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbodin

Sep 7, 2013
Texas
ok well im just shy of 3 months with no cigarettes

I've had a few bumps in the road, with weird withdrawal symptoms, and occasional craving.
I don't really crave so much anymore, except when I see someone smoking... a little light go's off in my head saying "I bet that tastes and feels soooo awesome" but its getting easier to ignore. I think I can finally say i've quit smoking permanently.

I'm now lowering the nic levels on my juices as well, from 1.8% to 1.1% and I cant even tell the difference. Seems like lower nic juices have more flavor though. But i hope to be able to go to no nic, and just vape for pure enjoyment and nothing else.

I spent so many years trying and trying to quit, and I gotta say I feel pretty proud of my self. I even got my girlfriend to quit, and is now vaping exclusively.

Thanks guys for all the answers and support!

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
As you go longer and longer without smoking your apprehension from leaving an old habit behind will grow into an appreciation for how much better you feel and how little you have to worry about smelling like an ashtray. It takes time but before you realize it you'll be kicking yourself for not making the transition sooner. At least, that's how I felt.:vapor:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
ok well im just shy of 3 months with no cigarettes

I've had a few bumps in the road, with weird withdrawal symptoms, and occasional craving.
I don't really crave so much anymore, except when I see someone smoking... a little light go's off in my head saying "I bet that tastes and feels soooo awesome" but its getting easier to ignore. I think I can finally say i've quit smoking permanently.

I'm now lowering the nic levels on my juices as well, from 1.8% to 1.1% and I cant even tell the difference. Seems like lower nic juices have more flavor though. But i hope to be able to go to no nic, and just vape for pure enjoyment and nothing else.

I spent so many years trying and trying to quit, and I gotta say I feel pretty proud of my self. I even got my girlfriend to quit, and is now vaping exclusively.

Thanks guys for all the answers and support!

It was really great reading the progression of this thread! From 3 days to 3 months and you converted your girlfriend!!!

Just Awesome!!

dbodin

Sep 7, 2013
Texas
Over 7 months now without a single cigarette. Again, thanks guys for all of the support. I feel so much healthier, and I've saved sooo much money. I'm trying to convert my Mom now... I got her to go out and buy a tank setup, and I gave her all of my favorite flavors... but she just doesn't use it. I'll keep working on it though!

My girlfriend is about 5 months cigarette free aswell :)

I'm staying steady on 12 mg nic, which I could go lower easily.. cravings aren't an issue at this point. I just need that throat hit :p
Annnddd, a note to anyone who is a fresh vaper.. My Kanger protank is 7 Months old, and I have dropped it, sat on it, and stepped on it more times than I could count.. and it's still like new. So do yourself a favor and get a protank II. The new line of mini's have thicker glass , (which I've cracked 2 of the old versions) so they are almost as durable!

And to anyone else that is trying to convert, don't give up! I'ts hard at first, but it gets much much easier. You won't miss them forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread