• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Travelling to Singapore Airport. Pls tell me your Experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmae

Feb 13, 2015
Germany
Hello :)

i'll go to singapore next month (3 days and afterwards to malaysia for some weeks)
i'd like to bring my ecig with me and some juice.
i'll take just some ego style ecig, cause i'm afraid of my good mods gets confiscated at SG Airport.
Do I have to bother about punishment,too?-or do they just take the ecig in case of getting "caught"?

i would appreciate if you can tell me your experiences about travelling to SG via aircraft.

thank you very much!

greetings from Germany,
tmae

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando

i'll go to singapore next month (3 days and afterwards to malaysia for some weeks)
i'll take just some ego style ecig, cause i'm afraid of my good mods gets confiscated at SG Airport.
Do I have to bother about punishment,too?-or do they just take the ecig in case of getting "caught"?

i would appreciate if you can tell me your experiences about travelling to SG via aircraft.

thank you very much!

greetings from Germany,
tmae

At the Airport

The minute you land in Singapore, customs regulations will probably occupy your mind to a considerable degree – best to make sure well in advance that you do not pack anything restricted or, in the worst case, illegal. Singaporean law is known around the world for its rather harsh penalties, even for lesser offenses. There are better ways to kick off your expat assignment than being fined a hefty sum for something you unwittingly brought to the country.

Apart from the many restricted items and goods, there is also an extensive list of goods you cannot bring into Singapore under any circumstances:

chewing gum (except dental and medicated gum)
chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products (e.g. electronic cigarettes, etc.)
cigarette lighters shaped like pistols or revolvers
controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
endangered species of wildlife and their by-products
firecrackers
obscene articles, publications, video tapes/discs, and software
reproduction of copyrighted materials
seditious and treasonable materials (more in our article on the Sedition Act et al.)
The most common dutiable goods are cigarettes and liquor, and both are best left at home altogether. The amount you can bring for your personal consumption free of tax or customs duty would not last very long if you are a passionate smoker. However, the failure to declare even a single pack of cigarettes will cost you SGD 200 per pack for the first offense. Singapore Customs has compiled a very useful PDF overview on how to brave customs at Changi Airport.

(source: Singapore Customs Regulations | InterNations.org)

thank you very much!

greetings from Germany,
tmae

Officially, yes, it is illegal to import ecig into Singapore and Malaysia. However, if you show that you are a tourist (just declare it) and are just stopping over for a few days, they will let you pass with it provided you don't have too many (i do not know how much is too many thou, use some logic) of it.

In Malaysia custom, they would not even take a 2nd look.. However, I would use some discretion.

Above are just from my friends' experience last year... Things may have changed since but I am pretty sure at most, they will just confiscate it.

Enjoy your holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread