Tribute to Drew Opus Giveaway Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWolfe

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
West Allis, Wi
I met Drew several times, each time being at VapeBash beginning with the first one. He was a great person to be around. When I had the opportunity to purchase a Darwin almost 2 years ago now, I got top notch service and expect nothing less with my future purchases at Nhaler. I wish I had gotten a picture with him this past time at Bash. Was always great to see him. Thank you for the contest/giveaway, very generous of you!

dogrocketdog

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2012
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com

Hey Guys, I love the comradery, unfortunately, I have to delete your congrats posts so it doesn't screw up the numbering of the entries for the contest...I guess I could have thought it out a little better, sorry...maybe you can edit your original post with congrats or PM the winners. I am not really sure how else to do it.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I was not fortunate enough to ever meet Drew in person, but we exchanged emails and spoke on the phone regarding questions I had about the Curve. Looking back I now realize how dumb some of my questions were, but Drew was incredibly patient and took the time to make sure I clearly understood everything.

His videos about the Curve, the Curvamizer and other Nhaler products are a treat to watch – it’s like sitting down with a buddy and having him show you how to build or use a mod.

He will be missed!!

i dont need to enter the contest, i can wait till i can get my hands on an opus the old fashioned way. i just remembered a fun drew moment when i got the email about this contest. i tattooed drew on like a monthly basis and i remember one day, giving him a sample of a new spray ointment for aftercare. He read the ingredients and said, "you could vape this! i dont think anyone would want to, but you can vape this!" He then told us about all the other weird things you could vape, but would never want to. I think i recall Angie giving a confused/concerned/angry look. haha, dont know why but he was so stoked on vaping and always thinking outside the box. he gave me my first real setup, turned me onto premium flavors like five pawns and suicide bunny (which helped me get seriously into vaping) and sold me all my future stuff. gonna miss our little tasting parties and gettin the lowdown on what was new and cool in the ecig world. This dude was the real deal and awesome to hang around with. Again, my condolences to you, Angie, and the rest of the family.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I missed the contest but no worries...Just wanted to post my very first pv came from Drew...the day it came was my last smoke...that was 4 yrs ago...I did have the pleasure to say hi to Drew at the Philly vape meet a few yrs ago (my very 1st meet)...introduced myself out in the hall as I was talking to G Green..he came over and was talking for a few...it was a quick meet as he was pretty busy...but I had a memorable time...Thanks Drew...RIP.....My condolences to the family....

Congrats to the winners of this awesome contest....

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I never met Drew in person but we spoke many times via phone and of course in the Darwin thread. Many of us will miss him and his humor. He was always quick to help and would jump in and join our foolish banter on that thread. He kind person and my deepest sympathy goes out to his family, loved ones and all at the nHaler team.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
First I would like to say I am very sorry for your loss. It is very hard to loose someone, but I will tell you as a lot of people had already said, it is an important time to stay strong. You have many people wishing you and sending you positive vibes, myself and my family included.

I have never personally had the pleasure of speaking with Drew but I do own an Opus DNA. The device is my goto device, and has helped me stop smoking tobacco cigarettes. I am very very greatful. This has changed my life for the better, and I am happy to say that. In my honest opinion, the Opus is the best device hands down. Perfect size, amazing battery life, solid solid solid construction. I am a proud owner. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hudson_macbeth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Levels, WV, USA
Never having met Drew, I'm afraid I don't have any stories of him. However, having read this thread, it seems as if he was the kind of person I would have liked. I am truly sorry for your loss, and I would like to send well wishes your way. Coping with loss is difficult, at best, and I believe that you have come up with a wonderful way of remembering him, by asking folks about their memories. Again, my condolences.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
I purchased two of his original xhalers models. He called me upon me writing into him about having trouble with one of them. Took the time to explain what was happening and promised he would replace it if that didn't work. It was just great customer service. We bull....ted for some time afterwards.

Not all, but some vendors want little to do with you after the sale. Wasn't the case with Drew. I'm glad to have interacted and learned from him.

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
I was lucky enough to meet Drew a couple of times at the Vapestock meets although I was never smart enough to get a pic with him. He was always super nice and no b.s. Bought my first Darwin from him and shopped with him since then. Tried to catch his shows on eCig TV every time he broadcast. One show I won a tank and thanked him via Facebook.

Dawns Win.jpg

He had been griping about these lovely health food bars. While he appreciated that his family wanted him to take better care of himself, he wasn't happy about this particular effort. I'm into health food and assured him that it wasn't bad to eat healthy so he graciously included a bar in my win box.

Dawns Barf Food.jpg

I wrote him a nice email after eating it.

Dawn Face.jpg

Told him we would get a divorce if he ever sent me one again. He said he and the people at the shop got a laugh out of it.

My condolences to his family. The loss to this community can't be calculated.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I met Drew when i started vaping back in 2009. He was the only supplier that carried the Greencig ecigs that i used at the time and that is how we actually got to always talking and even phone calls on the phone about whats going on in the ecig world. He would tell me just wait and see what will be in my storer next week lol. We would laugh back and forth. a friendship started before i even seen him. Then i bought his 1st Xhaler Mod and fell in love and dumped the Greencigs lol. I finally met Drew at the Vapefests in Indian Rocks Beach both years and also in Tampa. we had a blast. What a terrific guy and i am glad to say i am so glad to know him.
I am glad that Drews wife and family was able to see how others felt about this vaping icon and how he was truly loved by many and will be truly missed. But Drew my good friend you will never ever be forgotton. My favorite liquid is Nhaler R Why Not....... Angie and family I am so sorry for your loss.

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
Drew was a ground-breaker in the vaping community! I started vaping in 2009 and he was one of the first on-line retailers I did business with (I think I still have a couple of bottles of nearly empty "lung juice" around here.). I will miss those videos of his strong, tattooed arms and hands, showing off his latest product. I was dishearten to hear of his passing and I wish to add my condolences to his family and friends.

SpiritShadow

Jun 15, 2013
Newark, NY
Drew was a true gentleman. He helped me select my first vaping equipment and shared some stories with me. I felt drawn to him, he had a positive "can-do" attitude I respected. Not long after, he unexpectedly sent several new Nhaler products and asked me to write reviews. He was keen to learn not only whether his new products were good, but whether a newbie like myself could use them without guidance. He didn't ask for "favorable" reviews, he wanted honesty and sincerity. I have dealt with entrepreneurs for more than 40 years. Drew's insistence on objectivity struck a responsive chord in me and spoke volumes about the man.

Later in the year, I developed an invention related to vaping. My first thought was to contact Drew. I asked if he would look at what I had created and he invited me to visit him in his office. So, on a beautiful autumn morning I left at 4:00am and made the 325-mile pilgrimage to Farmingdale, NJ. I shook hands with Drew in the doorway of a little cottage astride a neat-as-a-pin home on a quiet avenue. There was a harmony in the air that was most appealing. Drew was a gracious host. He introduced me to his office staff, several of his children and his charming wife Angie, who took the time to demonstrate how to properly clean and care for my vaping equipment. I felt like a privileged little boy in the ballplayer's clubhouse.

Privately, I found Drew to be passionate about nearly everything. He had a brilliant and insightful mind and we talked for hours. This was an extraordinary man. The deeper I went, the more there was to find. He shared his views honestly and ultimately encouraged me to proceed. I returned home feeling enriched by the experience.

Last evening I opened my most recent e-liquid order and there was a handwritten note informing me that Drew had passed away. There was a long moment of deja vu as an overwhelming sense of loss passed over me. I have not felt that gaping hole in my gut in many years. I felt it again last night. I was reminded of words written at the time of President Roosevelt's death, when the writer "felt the wings of the angel of history flutter through the room."

However, one does not have to be famous to be great. Everyone in this world is unique and has something to share, but a few people touch us in ways we can't explain. We feel enriched merely by having known them. Drew was such a man. His accomplishments, both personal and professional, are known only to a few, but they are monumental. How many lives did Drew save? Even he didn't know.

My time with Drew was brief, but that brief time allowed me to become more than I had been. For that I shall always be grateful.

Rest well, my friend. I wish you well and hope to see you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread