Trivial Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

elac

Apr 9, 2012
United States
Hi. I've been scarce due to hubby having heart surgery. I've only had a couple of cartos that didn't work. Not a big deal. The bad taste is really strong in a lot of them. I'm going to have to try the paper clip thing although my hands have been so shaky from all the drama around the house that it might take a while to get the hang of it. I'm pretty much a newb, but I'm really hoping to see some of those clearomizers (?) or whatever they're called.

We didn't buy a new tv. We just confiscated out daughter's Vizio when she came home from school. :p

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
WHOA! My heart goes out to you guys. I hope everything is going well. Please update us.

The paperclip won't help the bad taste. All it will do is help the carto make contact with the battery. I'm very surprised you have that many bad tasting cartos though. I think I've only even had two but I might be mistaken.

Smart woman. Because in my house, when my daughter came home, she confiscated MY TV haha.

elac

Apr 9, 2012
United States
I'm the queen of bad luck. At least if I got the bad tasting ones someone else didn't.

I've had to replace breakers before. Maybe yours did go bad. We lost the light in our kitchen so we're going to have to replace that fixture. I'm hoping one of the kids will do it because hubby really isn't up to that kind of thing yet and I'm so clumsy.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Ha, that's funny.

Lucks, go in streaks though so pretty soon it will be time to play the lottery. Then you'll remember that I said that and track me down and dive me some money to fix my breaker.

Speaking of which, problem solved. I had read that they can go bad but it's rare and to look for GFI outlets. You know, those outlets in kitchens and bathrooms that have a fuse, a red button. Well I had none in the dining room. Checked all of them any way. So yesterday I come home and the lights are on. WHAT? I go to in the basement and throw the break and hear a hum go off. Weird. I come up to make sure that's the breaker and go back down. I turn the breaker on and I hear a hum start. Weird. I realize it's the basement fridge. Nothing was in it, but how is that on the dining room circuit? I follow the power back from the fridge and there sits a GFI outlet. The red button wasn't totally pushed down. I reset it. All has been good so far.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
So the guy says he never figured stumps into the equation. Even though I wrote it in my first message to him, told him in person, and left him a voice mail when his guys didn't do the second tree that they didn't do the second tree nor grind the stump. After saying all that twice, he finally said he'll figure it it. Oh and this is an old friend of mine who owns a tree company. Go figure.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
When I bought our newest house 8 years ago, we had a septic put in from scratch. Cost a fortune. About six months ago, it plugged up somewhere in the yard and we had it snaked, which was rough to break through. It happened again today. Having someone come tomorrow to snake. Does anyone know if that's normal or why it would happen? I will say I had yard work done last year and I'm wondering if their tractor compacted the ground enough to bust a pipe, allowing rocks and such in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread