Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
the vaping community needs to clean up it's act and quit fear mongering the FDA boogeyman. We have a stench in our own backyard. for myself personally, I'm NOT that desperate to vape to put up with it.

The consensus of the messages I have received thus far on YouTube after I posted my video in response to this, reflects exactly this sediment.

This latest run of drama whoring and trolling is certainly not helping the cause any. And it's just not the Rath incident I speak of either.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Isnt the video thats being refered to in the first post of the link provided in the first post of this thread? Is that the one or am I lost?

Yes, but the videos were deleted. Also, there a couple of videos. Do a google search for "You Tube Rath John" (without the quotation marks). You'll see links right away. Also, there's a link for a video on vapeatron's site (I think it's the fifth or sixth link).

Last edited:

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
I would guess that my order of Rath juice most likely had less nicotine than I ordered, if it contained any at all. That's the expensive part of the liquid, no? What I got in my bottle seemed like weakly flavored VG. A trip to Walmart for VG plus some McCormick maple flavoring (possible with a splash of butter flavoring, too) does not make a Waffle e-juice. That seems to be what I got for my $$$.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I wanted to reiterate the fact that I was not pointing my "rant" at you, but at Rath. I didn't realize when I originally posted that it would look like I was talking about you... Well because that would be completely absurd.

Of course, I wasn't talking about your post being "not what we need right now". I was talking about the scandal. The stupidity and utter lack of concern for people that Rath has shown.

Every one needs to know about whats going on with Rath Juice. Your post played a part in getting it out there. I had no idea what was going on till I stumbled upon your post, So thank you markarich159 for helping to spread the word.

I knew that your post was referring to RATH and not me. Don't worry Ace, u and I are definitely on the same page.

Zelphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Yes, but the videos were deleted. Also, there a couple of videos. Do a google search for "You Tube Rath John" (without the quotation marks). You'll see links right away. Also, there's a link for a video on vapeatron's site (I think it's the fifth or sixth link).

I wondered if that was the one that was deleted because I saw it yesterday from the link provided here

blackwalk

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Panama City, FL
Why can't you empathize with both? Why do we have to pick sides?

Why can't I be understanding of the tormented, and simultaneously concerned for those he put at risk?

Yes, I would have the exact same amount of empathy for a tormented person who defrauded retirees. And I would also have empathy for the retirees.

I don't need to pick sides.

Wanting to throw a sick person in jail because you can't or won't try to understand their torment is vengeful.

But get this.

I can empathize with why you would be vengeful, when you don't understand.

Because I don't need to pick sides. And neither do you. It's your choice.

Do you consider Bernie Madhoff a tormented individual that should receive understanding rather than jail? Just saying...

blackwalk

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Panama City, FL
By your logic, we should just get rid of all mental health resources, all addiction resources, all youth aid programs, etc etc etc, and just throw everyone who's done anything bad for any reason in prison. You draw no distinction between bad people, and tormented people. You won't even admit the distinction exists. You compare them to the criminally insane, outright.

This is a strawman argument and not at all what AcePilot was talking about.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Do you consider Bernie Madhoff a tormented individual that should receive understanding rather than jail? Just saying...

With the information we have about him, no. But that's exactly the thing - how a person got where they are is just as important as where they got when you're making judgment calls.

Anyone - and I do mean anyone - has a certain circumstance under which they would murder someone. Is self-defense the same as passion killing? Is passion killing the same as joy killing?

They are all murder, but each is different, isn't it.

ella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
Back to the truth about Rath juice:

Back in May I ordered 6-10 mL bottles of Rath Waffle from CoV as a follow-up to an earlier (and smaller) order. The bottles arrived and were filled with a liquid much lighter in colour than the earlier Rath Waffle and did not smell at all like Waffle. I vaped a bit out of several of them and the vapour tasted distinctly like RY4 mixed with a bit of Rath Waffle. I questioned the vendor about this and instead of replying he just sent me a freebie Rath Waffle (with a future order). Well it didn't taste any good either and I just gave up on ever getting quality Rath Waffle again.

Just so's you know.

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
With the information we have about him, no. But that's exactly the thing - how a person got where they are is just as important as where they got when you're making judgment calls.

Anyone - and I do mean anyone - has a certain circumstance under which they would murder someone. Is self-defense the same as passion killing? Is passion killing the same as joy killing?

They are all murder, but each is different, isn't it.

Self defense would not be considered murder. Did you mean to say they are all forms of killing?

HawtAngel

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Canada
The way I see it this is no longer about Rath hes gone hiding no supplier is gonna buy his juice again the word is out. But now we have suppliers still selling this garbage and it is garbage my order made me vomit literally. If we know this juice is bad why hasn't it been recalled. There are still lots of vendors trying to unload this crap on us and its wrong. To say they will take a hit well I know as a business woman for over 20 yrs sometimes you take a hit and in the end its a tax write off so no loss in the end. Even now that we know the FDA is watching closely we are not willing to self police will leave them no choice but to step in and police us. So if you really care about us your customers please stop selling this garbage.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
HawtAngel said:
But now we have suppliers still selling this garbage and it is garbage my order made me vomit literally. If we know this juice is bad why hasn't it been recalled. There are still lots of vendors trying to unload this crap on us and its wrong. To say they will take a hit well I know as a business woman for over 20 yrs sometimes you take a hit and in the end its a tax write off so no loss in the end. Even now that we know the FDA is watching closely we are not willing to self police will leave them no choice but to step in and police us. So if you really care about us your customers please stop selling this garbage.

Great POINT Hawt. The 1st thing most suppliers did when they found out the juice was possibly bad, tainted, dangerous was not pull them off the shelves and recall what they had recently sold; NO, quite the opposite- they put it on CLEARANCE, so they could sell even more before people knew what was going on. That is just horrendous!!!! And more proof that most, not all, vendors are in this industry for the quick buck.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Great POINT Hawt. The 1st thing most suppliers did when they found out the juice was possibly bad, tainted, dangerous was not pull them off the shelves and recall what they had recently sold; NO, quite the opposite- they put it on CLEARANCE, so they could sell even more before people knew what was going on. That is just horrendous!!!! And more proof that most, not all, vendors are in this industry for the quick buck.
I completely agree with this and I am willing to bet (not accuse) that most vendors have backup plans uncase this "plan A" falls through. You'd think they'd all band together to strengthen this not only legal but young "cottage industry." Unfortunately they're too busy competing with eachother to even think about it. The only one I've heard MENTION it was J from ELP...

ok I'm done with this thread I'm suprised it's even still alive....

jtcaseyjr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA

Your assuming that most of the E-cig vendors are huge corporations. Most of the vendors are 1 owner small time people, not defending, just saying they probably can't afford to "recall" a product. Were not talking Johnson and Johnson here. Were talking Joe schmo who sells this stuff out of his basement in alot of cases.

Again Im not defending these vendors at all, just pointing out a fact, we are talking small time business that in no way would be able to do a "recall" on juice made by another small time supplier.

Last edited:

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Your assuming that most of the E-cig vendors are huge corporations. Most of the vendors are 1 owner small time people, not defending, just saying they probably can't afford to "recall" a product. Were not talking Johnson and Johnson here. Were talking Joe schmo who sells this stuff out of his basement in alot of cases.

Again Im not defending these vendors at all, just pointing out a fact, we are talking small time business that in no way would be able to do a "recall" on juice made by another small time supplier.

If they don't have something in place to assure our safety then they have no moral right to sell us something we ingest in the first place. I posted in another thread that I had read a post by an ECF vendor stating that in 10 months he went from 300 customers to 6000 and a staff of one to a staff of 6. He's making enough money to put safety measures in place or he's not a good businessman. He should have done that before even opening his doors yet he and others seem to have their head in the sand... on their way to the bank!

jtcaseyjr

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
If they don't have something in place to assure our safety then they have no moral right to sell us something we ingest in the first place. I posted in another thread that I had read a post by an ECF vendor stating that in 10 months he went from 300 customers to 6000 and a staff of one to a staff of 6. He's making enough money to put safety measures in place or he's not a good businessman. He should have done that before even opening his doors yet he and others seem to have their head in the sand... on their way to the bank!

This kinda of reminds me of the big Internet boom that happened, and everybody jumped on the bandwagon, course then the wheels fell of that wagon. After that however it kinda of evened out. I think that is where were headed truthfully. I agree alot of these people are out for the quick buck and have no intention of sticking around once the ____ hits the fan. Difference here is the x-factor which is the FDA. If these businesses really want to remain after the wheels come off...and I believe they will come off, they are gonna have to stop being rebels and start acting, like you say good businessmen.

fizil

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Norcross, Ga
www.ivape.net
Um...small vendors should at least tell their customers if a batch gets screwed up if not give back money. It's a very short term, immature business aproach to hold onto your ill gained profits and revenues if you send out crap that's not good for your customers. In the end they won't be in business, and worse yet, they might :censored: us all for their crap :( If you wouldn't vape it or give it to friends or family, you sure as hell shouldn't be selling it! :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread