Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
My authentic Nautilus I put away, missing the pin in the spring (was it ever even in there?). Authentic coils I have had fail.

Poor mans Nautilus? I tried a "clone" Nautilus for around $11 and "clone" BVC coils for $3 per 5. Except the clone did have the pin in the spring (that's what made me realize it was missing from the authentic) there was no difference. It's been about 8 months and have not had a single coil fail prematurely.

After the first test I stocked up on both the "clone" tank and coils.

I often wonder if they are really clones...

Yeah I've been tempted by the eBay clone Nautilus but already had the BDC. The coils are exactly the same thing and perform the same. I learned to rebuild the non Nautilus coils from a Nautilus rebuild video. Only difference is the Nautilus offers AFC and larger capacity tank. And back in the day the BDCs were like a third the price of a Nautilus.

As for the clone coils? I doubt it also. Factory seconds is more believable to me.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Yeah I've been tempted by the eBay clone Nautilus but already had the BDC. The coils are exactly the same thing and perform the same. I learned to rebuild the non Nautilus coils from a Nautilus rebuild video. Only difference is the Nautilus offers AFC and larger capacity tank. And back in the day the BDCs were like a third the price of a Nautilus.

As for the clone coils? I doubt it also. Factory seconds is more believable to me.

Except for the security code that has already been checked 10,000+ times there doesn't seem to be anything second about them. More of a way to keep selling them for the BIG bucks while also selling them for what they're really worth for those who refuse to pay $16 for 5. I know I wouldn't be buying any more authentic coils, not for $16 direct from Aspire, not on Ali Express on sale for $9 from an authorized dealer.

I liked the Nautilus, but I thought I was going to forget about it when the coils ran out. 2 blew out after 2 days from an authentic pack. No such problem with the "clones".

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well, I think I may have cured my shinyitis for a pod system. It started when I found out Aspire brought out the Spryte system reviving the venerable old BVC coils. I still have like 7 packs of them. But checking out the Spryte thread they seem to be having an issue with considerable condensation in the mouthpiece. I'm not going there .

How are those Sprytes? I've got about 62 years worth of BVC's here, and my Billet Box usage has dropped dramatically. I don't want to sell them off (they're not worth much these days), and something nice to put them in would be...

"Nice." :vapor:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
People have asked me, "So, you quit the cigarettes by vaping ... when you gonna quit vaping?"

I...like you Dave...always rely "NEVER!!!"...

The 2nd most frequent question...(usually asked by someone who knows they would be much wiser at spending my money than I am)...is..."Have you really saved any money with vaping?"...

I reply..."So far it's about 1:22...about $500 spent versus $11,000+ saved"...

But then I add..."Even IF it were reversed (ie. 22:1)...I'd continue to vape because, for someone who (for unknown reasons) finds GREAT enjoyment in inhaling/exhaling "smoke" and getting a hit of nicotine,...vaping is just so much more pleasant!!!"...

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
How are those Sprytes? I've got about 62 years worth of BVC's here, and my Billet Box usage has dropped dramatically. I don't want to sell them off (they're not worth much these days), and something nice to put them in would be...

"Nice." :vapor:
Well from what I read in the Spryte thread people are very happy with them except for the condensation issue. Most say they just give it a flick to clear and shrug it off. But chose to stay away from them rather than making juice stains all over the wall or rugs.:w00t::cry: Those BVC are great. Imagine the new 1.2 ohm probably hit pretty well.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
"them"? the people? certainly not. i roll my eyes at people, i dislike waste, but i only hate the tobacco industry.

I originally intended for "them" to refer to the pods. But it wouldn't surprise me if there's hate for pod people (not the alien plant like species that takes over the Earth... though they were certainly hated too :D)

Reactions: Jebbn

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Perspectives can be funny. To a non smoker, vapers are still blowing clouds and money. To a rebuilder, the people buying premade coils are wasting money. To a vaper buying premade coils for $2, the vaper buying $3 pods is wasting money... and they "hate" them.

Ain't Life Grand. :)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
i only hate the tobacco industry

Why???

They paid farmers to grow tobacco...put the tobacco into little tubes...put 20 little tubes of tobacco in a pack...then made the packs available for purchase in stores...

NONE of us were ever FORCED to buy one of these packs of little tubes with tobacco...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well that's true, but they did lie an awful lot. According to one of my docs they were considering HNB products in like the 60s, and well, they decided to worry more about profits than the bottom line. They could have been vaping, but they chose not to, and there is also the little matter of like, all the unknown additives and strangeness that kind of went along with BT.

I don't hate them, but I don't really think they engaged in the most stellar of business practices either. I also rather dislike how the health results of said decisions and whatnot were passed on by the government NOT to big tobacco, but the consumer.

Hating the government just wins every time. And, I certainly agree that shoving cigarettes in my mouth and smoking them was entirely my decision, and also, that particular bad decision (and I have made countless) is the one I MOST wanted to take back, consistently for the majority of my life time. There is no way to return to being a never smoker, it's either "smoking or ex" for me and surely, I am grateful to vaping but I'm not going to lie to myself either, that one decision probably ALSO had the most momentous effect on my health, period. Maybe I will surprise myself but I don't think 3 ppd smoking was exactly ADDING years to my life. Etc

Anna

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Why??? ...
NONE of us were ever FORCED to buy one of these packs of little tubes with tobacco...
Would you grant the same lenience to a h*roin dealer at the street corner ? I hope not.

Tobacco stopped being a legitimate business exactly at the moment when they started lying about their product, and adding substances to make it more addictive. And they've killed probably hundreds of millions of people with their product.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
ARGH!!!!

I just did it again ("wrong thread"). Sorry, NY.

This is a tough one to explain. Basically, there are two "Change My Mind" threads. This one, then another that Kat started.

In that one, the pic in her OP was an edited version of the same pic that was posted in this thread. That confused me, then subsequently her too.

You see, we thought we were in the thread below, but we were not, which is now obvious.

Change my mind. (I'm thrilled with my vape.)

Did that make ANY sense? I think I even confused myself right now. :blink:
About as much sense as the post that sent my mind swirling. LOL.
The other thread is new to me. Subscribed now.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I hate pod systems. This is not a simple dislike. This is not a casual can-do-without. This is Hate with a fiery capital H.

Only reason I own one is because I won it, I keep it on me in case my batteries die as my mod doesn't have a charge port.. I keep 10mg 50/50 Freebase Nic in it.. It has saved my ... like 5-6 times in the 4-5 months I've owned it.

Edit*
Seriously can't say the 3 letter .... word/it's censored? What is this preteen central? I'm 40 years old ffs.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Canadian, normally I don't jump in when peeps have a prob with the language censorship here on ECF, and for the life of me, I'm not even sure why I'm jumping in now.

But the thought crossed my mind, and perhaps it'll be valuable to you, and possibly to others reading this tiny missive.

We are in ECF's home, not our own. We are guests here on the ECF, and they've opened it to us in exactly the way they want it. Whether or not it feels or seems "right", it is their operation. I suppose there will always be some that are ok with the rules they've set forth, and some that will not.

Options.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Well from what I read in the Spryte thread people are very happy with them except for the condensation issue. Most say they just give it a flick to clear and shrug it off. But chose to stay away from them rather than making juice stains all over the wall or rugs.:w00t::cry: Those BVC are great. Imagine the new 1.2 ohm probably hit pretty well.
I have a Sprite and I really like it. The small amount of condensation has never bothered me. It goes back down into the pod pretty quickly. Never felt the need to flick it out.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Canadian, normally I don't jump in when peeps have a prob with the language censorship here on ECF, and for the life of me, I'm not even sure why I'm jumping in now.

But the thought crossed my mind, and perhaps it'll be valuable to you, and possibly to others reading this tiny missive.

We are in ECF's home, not our own. We are guests here on the ECF, and they've opened it to us in exactly the way they want it. Whether or not it feels or seems "right", it is their operation. I suppose there will always be some that are ok with the rules they've set forth, and some that will not.

Options.
It's a synonym for donkey..

Reactions: Jebbn

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I originally intended for "them" to refer to the pods. But it wouldn't surprise me if there's hate for pod people (not the alien plant like species that takes over the Earth... though they were certainly hated too :D)
I don't hate pod people but they scare me a bit.
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread