On la pizza? Just little flishies.

348s.jpg

YUM, that was good!

rock-eyebrow.jpg

Last edited:

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I've got one because it was sent to me to review. It was a quick review. I don't hate it but I wouldn't loose any sleep if it disappeared. Might have been useful when I first started but then what I used when I first started went by the wayside some time ago. This much I'll give it. I help a guy run a small business. At the desk I always have a few mods but if I have to jump on the hi-low and unload a delivery I like having it in my pocket. The battery in the thing will last for days for me because I probably only hit it five times a day. It's like a back-up without the ankle holster.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I never bought a KR808. I went from Joye 510 to eGo and bought a Provari V2 at the end of my first year vaping. Did that with Cartos for a while and bought my first kayfun 3.1. I still have the Joye 510, the eGo, and the Provari among a pile of regulated mods. I buy a couple or three of the latest and greatest regulated mods every year and call it FDA insurance. My latest mod is the Innokin Proton and it's a well made piece of hardware with a stellar display.

Shinyitis overwhelmed me this weekend and ordered a Geek Vape Aegis from Efun. Oh well, it's more FDA insurance.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So, you're not volunteering for his reelection campaign? :sneaky:

I love pineapple. It's my favorite fruit... but it doesn't belong on pizza. Our friends on the Left Coast might disagree, however. :pervy:
Here it's called Hawaian Pizza and no, the usual taste in Buenos Aires is plain mozzarella, ham and onion. Not even peperoni, here it's called Calabresa (for the italian region of Calabria) and it's rarely ordered.
slide_1.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Well...I'd love to understand what that sequence was about.
Care to shed light?

ARGH!!!!

I just did it again ("wrong thread"). Sorry, NY.

This is a tough one to explain. Basically, there are two "Change My Mind" threads. This one, then another that Kat started.

In that one, the pic in her OP was an edited version of the same pic that was posted in this thread. That confused me, then subsequently her too.

You see, we thought we were in the thread below, but we were not, which is now obvious.

Change my mind. (I'm thrilled with my vape.)

Did that make ANY sense? I think I even confused myself right now. :blink:

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Subjunctive?!? Since my grad work was technically in English, you can imagine or wish as much as you'd like. Anchovies belong in the ocean not on pizza! :shock:

Whales belongeth in the ocean. Teensy fishes.... on da pizza. ;)

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm thrilled with my vape but not the weight/size/cost. Just now I was looking into this, but I think I'll stick to the Mi One. Much more cost effective...

rBVaSlo4biqABcAZAAJNXJNzVkE711.jpg

Xomo Mimi Replacement Cartridge Pack of 4

xomo-mimi-cartridge-x4.jpg

1 ohm will make great use out of a 1200 mAh battery. But it's a plug mode cartridge. This will require 12 to 18 mg liquid.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
ARGH!!!!

I just did it again ("wrong thread"). Sorry, NY.

This is a tough one to explain. Basically, there are two "Change My Mind" threads. This one, then another that Kat started.

In that one, the pic in her OP was an edited version of the same pic that was posted in this thread. That confused me, then subsequently her too.

You see, we thought we were in the thread below, but we were not, which is now obvious.

Change my mind. (I'm thrilled with my vape.)

Did that make ANY sense? I think I even confused myself right now. :blink:

I think that was an excellent explanation. :thumb:

I think we should all post on the other thread too. Maybe it will thoroughly confuse the bejeezus out of 'em. :headbang:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Juul is made in China. The sneaky packaging says it is "designed" in the USA instead of "made in". ;) I do like that their website lists all of the materials used.

Interesting points, especially since the OP is a collector, according to his tag line. I'm definitely not a collector. Personally, I see all vape stuff as somewhat disposable. Most of it is made cheap in China. Blu does give a lifetime warranty on their Myblu but most manufacturers aren't even confident enough to warranty for more than 3 months. In contrast a 1 year warranty is pretty standard on most other household appliances.

And anything electronic or plated is not going to last. Even if a mod does last, most folks are going to replace it with something new after a couple years. Tanks could be made to last forever but most are plated and that won't last. I'm especially disappointed that most companies describe them as "stainless steel", omitting any mention of the plating. Aspire misled customers about their Nautilus for many years--the chimney was brass with chrome plating. I don't trust that they aren't using brass or mild steel instead of stainless. Even if companies use stainless steel underneath the chrome, plating doesn't last. There are complaints about the chrome plating deteriorating on the Aspire Breeze 1-- not something that I want to inhale.
especially since the OP is a collector, according to his tag line.

that's a huge understatement,,,,,,,Shawn has a freaking museum-my jaw dropped when I saw one of his pics,,,,,,holy crap that's a lot of gear,, and not cheap gear either :),, he is a super nice person as well.

imho,, PODS make his collection even more valuable. PODS have their place,, just not in his world :)

o/t pineapple and ham is my fav pizza :)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
especially since the OP is a collector, according to his tag line.

that's a huge understatement,,,,,,,Shawn has a freaking museum-my jaw dropped when I saw one of his pics,,,,,,holy crap that's a lot of gear,, and not cheap gear either :),, he is a super nice person as well.

imho,, PODS make his collection even more valuable. PODS have their place,, just not in his world :)

o/t pineapple and ham is my fav pizza :)

I'm not quite sure what to make of the OP's hit and run post about his "Hate with a fiery capital H". About a week before this topic was started, I had previously commented in another topic that...

Another thing that I believe is detrimental to vaping is the animosity between different types of vaping. MTL, DTL, Pod, "beginner device", Prebuilt, Rebuildable, etc. Fighting over meaningless differences is damaging to vaping in general.

I quit cigarettes and started vaping in February. I would have started earlier but the hate for pods at a local vape shop stalled me for about a week. Instead of helping me to purchase what I wanted, they bashed pods and pushed sub ohm devices that I didn't want then or now. I ended up leaving the store empty handed. I quit a week later with a Juul that I got from a gas station.

Not only does it drive people away from vaping but the hostility weakens the community at a time when we need to be strong together... supporting each others efforts to quit smoking... and supporting vaping, in general, at a time when it is under scrutiny from the government.

The "Hate with a fiery capital H" for pods and pod people really shocked me when I started vaping.

Another thing that I noticed when I started vaping is that a lot of folks aren't using vaping in the same way as Nicorette. Most people used Nicorette to help them quit smoking and then they quit chewing the gum. They might carry the gum for an emergency but the goal is to stop using. In contrast, there are a lot of people who are vaping for years and have no intention of quitting. It's not easy to stop. I suppose those who quit, probably aren't surfing vaping forums. They also probably aren't amassing large collections of vape stuff if they want to quit. Although I don't collect vape stuff, I don't have hate for collectors. On the plus side, it may keep them vaping instead of smoking. On the down side, it may make it more unlikely that they'll quit vaping after they successfully quit smoking. Depends on the individual goals and perspective.

Last edited:

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
With all that said, I think these are great devices for someone trying to quit.
Why does noone consider small tubes? I'm seriously baffled. It's as if these devices are somehow invisible.

An Eleaf iJust ONE costs $5, is a small rugged tube with 1100mah and holds 2ml. All the goodies of a small device with none of the drawbacks of a pod system, no? Or at least something like the Eleaf iCard, which has the looks and measures of a pod system, but is an actual full blown e-cig with replacable coils and a fillable tank...

Of course I understand why manufacturers like pod systems and are now producing so many, but why would a somewhat reasonable consumer choose an expensive pod device over a small regular device?

Last edited:

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Why does noone consider small tubes? I'm seriously baffled. It's as if these devices are somehow invisible.

An Eleaf iJust ONE costs $5, is a small rugged tube with 1100mah and holds 2ml. All the goodies of a small device with none of the drawbacks of a pod system, no?

Of course I understand why manufacturers like pod systems and are now producing so many, but why would a somewhat reasonable consumer choose an expensive pod device over a small tube?

The Blu Myblu cost me $1 shipped for a battery, pod and cable... actually, I bought a bunch for as low as 90 cents shipped. ;)

Also, your $5 quote is a lot lower than what I'm seeing with a quick Google search.

And, there are pods like the Aspire Breeze 2 and Spryte that take pre made coils just like the iJust One.

And buying pre made coils is not particularly cheap. I'm seeing coils for about $2 each. Average cost of pods for most devices is $3 each. So the savings is only $1. Not a lot of money.

And, the iJust is a lot bigger than some pod devices. 2 Myblu devices (always have a backup) take up less pocket space than 1 Ijust One. If I used the Ijust One, I'd still carry a pod as a backup since the iJust is too bulky to carry 2 in a pocket.

Etc.

But lots of people use Ego type devices. Lots of people use pod devices too. Here in the pod forum, you're going to hear mostly about pods.

Last edited:

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
(if you click on the "$5" in my post, it takes you to a shop where it costs 5 bucks). And yea, of course the Blu costs you $1, because the manufacturer knows he's going to make a FORTUNE with the pods you buy.

For the coils: a pack of 5 should cost you $10. that's standard. 1 coil lasts you from 1-4 weeks, depending on your use. That's not the same as throwing away 1 pod per day when it's empty, is it ?

I mean, I'm not trying to attack you folks, I just want to dig down to the bottom of your rationale. The convenience factor is high for pods, but only a tiny bit over that of a small coil-based system. Is that tiny plus already enough to make you spend so much money on it during the course of its use?

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
(if you click on the "$5" in my post, it takes you to a shop where it costs 5 bucks). And yea, of course the Blu costs you $1, because the manufacturer knows he's going to make a FORTUNE with the pods you buy.

For the coils: a pack of 5 should cost you $10. that's standard. 1 coil lasts you from 1-4 weeks, depending on your use. That's not the same as throwing away 1 pod per day when it's empty, is it ?

I mean, I'm not trying to attack you folks, I just want to dig down to the bottom of your rationale. The convenience factor is high for pods, but only a tiny bit over that of a small coil-based system. Is that tiny plus already enough to make you spend so much money on it during the course of its use?

oh but you know, we vapers have already figured out how to refill and recoil most pod devices ;)
just like we learned when cig-a-likes were the newest/greatest thing :p

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
oh but you know, we vapers have already figured out how to refill and recoil most pod devices ;)
just like we learned when cig-a-likes were the newest/greatest thing :p

Love the rebuildable pods!

(if you click on the "$5" in my post, it takes you to a shop where it costs 5 bucks).

out of stock.

And yea, of course the Blu costs you $1, because the manufacturer knows he's going to make a FORTUNE with the pods you buy.

Actually, I'm not going to be buying any pods. I stocked up on the kits at 90 cents each.

As I said previously, that is no different than spending $2 on replaceable coils for pods like the Aspire Spryte and Breeze.

I mean, I'm not trying to attack you folks, I just want to dig down to the bottom of your rationale.

There is no one single rationale to vaping. People like different things.

The convenience factor is high for pods, but only a tiny bit over that of a small coil-based system. Is that tiny plus already enough to make you spend so much money on it during the course of its use?

$1 difference between buying a $2 coil or a $3 pod. When it comes to health and happiness, not everyone feels it necessary to compromise over $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread