• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tucson & Southern AZ Vapers Congregate Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
On Monday, I stopped in to the Freedom Smoke USA vape Lounge. It is beautiful. Have you been there yet?
It is off the I10- and Ina...and not far off the freeway :) Easy in & out with plenty of parking.

They have pinball machine, tv's, snacks, soda's and more. Lots of big, comfy, leather furniture, etc. Hope you stop in to see it one of these days. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

They are open, but have not announced the Grand Opening yet. But you can stop in whenever you want. They are open for business. They have a mixing room there and mix your order while you wait. It is really neat.

Paula in Arizona City

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Just curious, what made you fall off the wagon? Since I started vaping 6 months ago I haven't had even a moment of wanting to turn back. There's just nothing I miss about smoking. I find vaping to be better than a substitute for smoking, I actually prefer it. And I was smoking a pack and a half a day for 15 years before I switched to vapor. So, what happened? Did all of your equipment fail at once? Get it all stolen? Never really liked it as much as smoking? Just curious.

Very good question, Dr. E.Z. I started in November of 09 and did not encounter any Low Resistance items at that time. I take that back, I did order one towards the end and it lasted 2 hits when a friend of mine tried it I never even got to puff on it. I did make a couple boxes of my own, and 3 different times created a 5v version. Each time the regulator ended up burning out. The 3.7 versions were ok but iffy. I managed to stay clear of the Cancer Sticks for nearly 6 months on my own.

During that time, I reconciled with my Ex and what started as an occasional puff on her cig when she was around me to try and minimize the horrible smell I otherwise experienced, soon enough turned into more. I actually gave her one of the 510 models a couple different times but they either got lost or returned. By the end of a few more months when we got back together, they had never been quite enough to satisfy her and too much of a hassle. So I slid back that way.

I never let go entirely, finally a couple months ago now, I couldn't stand it any more and started cruising the forums again and found that the 510 had a cartomizer model. The 808 was never decent enough for me though I had many but the 510 was always my pick. Then I found out there were low res versions of the cartos.

So I gathered some of the batteries I had left and bought a pack of them. Wow what a different world from the struggle to get a satisfying hit that used to be the case, and they had more flavor than the old 510s did. The 905 I had lent to a friend ages back came back to me but had a broken connector that worked but was ready to go. The old 510 batteries were as bad as ever and while I still had the supplies, I just did not feel like building another box mod.

I started searching for variable voltage devices as at 5v I remembered, it still left room for improvement. I dug into each one separately and finally decided on what I was getting... The Precious from theprecious.ro I am still wondering how that one is as it does look so beautiful and I love the touch sensitive button. I was a little worried that it was from romania but every one seemed to really like it. But and here is the lucky part. The guy making those is making all of them himself and the waiting list is huge plus there have been several threats that it would never be produced after all.

Then everything changed and I heard of the Darwin. Immediately I realized what magnificent kind of advancement controlling Wattage instead of voltage would be plus how can you beat one button and one dial, no programming no pushing buttons over and over to set it where you want. Just pure and simple at least from the usage side. I have to say, while I am still curious about that beautiful machine called the Precious, I am soooooo glad I got the Darwin.

Of course when I found it there was a waiting list for it too but it ended up being a couple weeks not potentially months on end. I actually bought a USB ego for myself and the Wife each to tide over until Darwin came. With LowRes equipment i have to say, the Egos were enough to stop me from smoking again pretty much immediately. I was quite impressed with them, but wow the Darwin is the future. I am sure this method of regulation will be all over the next generation of battery units, it is just the way to go.

The Wife actually really likes her pink ego and is more than happy to let me have my 'brick'. And I am more than happy sucking on that brick... heheh

glad to hear it Arvidx, let me know what i can do to help the resurrection.

Sklammy! I need to call you soon. Thanks man good to hear from you, sorry I was so long in getting back here.

Tucson!!! We do need to find a way to get together!! Ok Hasta all for now...

Arvidx

boy I just got lucky I copied all this on a whim at the last minute before posting... good thing I did, the forum ate the post and errored out. lucky me I have Ctrl-v!!

Last edited:
Very good question, Dr. E.Z.... I managed to stay clear of the Cancer Sticks for nearly 6 months on my own.... During that time, I reconciled with my Ex... I never let go entirely, finally a couple months ago now, I couldn't stand it any more and started cruising the forums again and found that the 510 had a cartomizer model.

Women!!! Nothing but trouble. Man, I knew it was something like that. Well, that explains it. Say no more. :)

Yea, the technology is advancing pretty quick. If you don't like your options available now, just wait 5 minutes.

Glad you're back! Good to meet ya.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Howdy V!
Welcome to the group! I hope someone is starting up a Tucson group meeting again.

If not... We'd love to get to meet you! Worth the trip in to the Social here in Phoenix. We have a really good time. Maybe some of you could share a ride in.

Don't forget to join us on FaceBook... see the link in my signature banner below.

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
A revived Movement... https://www.facebook.com/groups/265287886842902/
295759_2078181711018_1139273952_1744460_1327512106_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread