• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tucson & Southern AZ Vapers Congregate Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grndzero

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Tucson, AZ
No problem. The bartender and I had a great meetup. It just so happened that the FreedomSmokeUSA guys showed up there to sell there wares and brought a few of their new mixed flavors. Thin Mint, Chocolate Covered Banana (with nuts), Almond Joy, Butterscotch Almond, and Smooth Capuccino. I tried all but the Capuccino but everyone that tried them was really liking them.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
Yeah, I've won so many damn free liquid giveaways in the last 2 weeks I have to get rid of my liquid stash before I can get to ordering more. I bought some wyatt and some espresso from FSUSA, loved the espresso but the wyatt had a weird aftertaste to it, might have been the 36mg which was my first and only 36mg that I will ever vape. Thought I just needed more nic, but that's not it. ;)

Either way, I did not like the wyatt earp, the aftertaste was very chemical/floral and I just didn't like it. I should have let it sit for 2 weeks but I think I've already chucked it unfortunately since the 36mg is too much anyways. I'm chalking it up to my own error, not to be reflected on freedom smoke which is why I haven't really said anything on it, since others may very well like it.

As soon as my current liquid stash dies down, I'll definitely get more from mauisun, he's a stand up guy and invited me over to pick up my order if I so chose... sad thing is I'd end up spending more gas to get over there than shipping, but it's still the social aspect that really will have me going there when I need more goods. :toast:

Sidenote: is the C-note the only vape friendly place you guys know of? That's a bit of a drive from where I'm at (golf links/Camino Seco) not that I'd have a problem for meets at all, but maybe a place to go more often for vaping networking.

Last edited:

grndzero

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Sidenote: is the C-note the only vape friendly place you guys know of? That's a bit of a drive from where I'm at (golf links/Camino Seco) not that I'd have a problem for meets at all, but maybe a place to go more often for vaping networking.

I'm sure it's not the only place in town that is vape friendly. 1 or 2 have been mentioned in this thread. C-Note is one of mauisun's hangouts most fri and sat nights, so that could have something to do with it.

Every bar that I have been to has been cool with it, even if I have to explain it to the server or manager. I usually hang out at Clicks on fri and sat nights and both managers have told me it doesn't fit into the definition of "smoking" according to Arizona law, so as long as no one complains about it they don't mind at all.

I only know of 1 bar in town that explicitly doesn't allow vaping, the Depot on Ft. Lowell. They apparently had a customer light up a cigarette in the bar because they saw someone vaping, so everyone has to go outside now.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Howdy Tucson!

I was just wondering if some of you might be interested in coming in to Phoenix for the One Year Anniversary of the VIP group? I'll be posting the date soon (need to iron out a few details), but expect it to be the last Sunday of July at this point. Look for a Sticky thread soon in the VIP forum with details (I'll pop back in here too!).

Any chance we'd get to see some of you (car pool and caravan up here)? Should be a fun day (any day I get served food and a beer and get to vape away from home is a fun day, ha). ;)
Cheers!
Hellen

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
Howdy Tucson!

I was just wondering if some of you might be interested in coming in to Phoenix for the One Year Anniversary of the VIP group? I'll be posting the date soon (need to iron out a few details), but expect it to be the last Sunday of July at this point. Look for a Sticky thread soon in the VIP forum with details (I'll pop back in here too!).

Any chance we'd get to see some of you (car pool and caravan up here)? Should be a fun day (any day I get served food and a beer and get to vape away from home is a fun day, ha). ;)
Cheers!
Hellen

Been trying to make it to one of the meets up there, I'm always stuck down here during it though, last few months have been really hectic. I will certainly be up for attending the one year, but as usual I need to play it by ear for the time being as far as being able to have the time to go up.

Who knows, maybe we can get a big ol convoy headin up!

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
NOTE: This is a duplicate post of an intro in Phoenix thread.

My name is Paula. I live in Arizona City, AZ. Arizona City is half way between Phoenix and Tucson. Guess I'll have to post in both groups ;-)

Smoked 1+ pack a day for over 40+ yrs.
4-17-10 my ecig arrived and I quit tobacco.

About a month ago, my batteries were dead and I needed a cig. I opened a new pack of my regular brand and lit up. Took one drag and it was horrible. Thought I was going to be ill. Took another drag and it was worse than the first one! I threw the cig away after just two drags.

This is important because I had been thinking that I really wanted to smoke a cigarette. I would smell one and think I wanted one. I would see other people smoking and I wanted to join them. I was thrilled that the one cig I tried was horrible. Those two drags convinced me that I will NEVER go back to tobacco. Thanks to my e-cig, I am finally done with tobacco. I know most of you here will understand how happy this made me.

I have a lot to learn about ecigs and this forum has proven to be a valuable resource. I had heard the commercials on the radio for ecigs. I started reading about them on the internet. Then a girlfriend had one and the rest is history. I was hooked.

Hubby is retired. We lived in MN and three years ago we moved to Arizona City. Why Arizona City? I design, sew, and sell purses and purse accessories at Art & Craft shows. This is the perfect location for my business. Both of us are happy here in Arizona City and have adapted to desert living.

Thanks for reading this long post and thanks for having me in your group. I'm glad to be here.

Paula

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
Anyone from this Tucson group planning on attending the Vape Meet Up on Saturday? It's listed here in the VIP forum. I live in Arizona City. Anyone want to car pool?

Anyone live in Arizona City or Casa Grande that needs a ride? I can pick you up if you live in AZ City or Casa Grande.
Let me know, ok? ok.

Paula in Arizona City

Arvidx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Hey guys its been an age since I lost the battle for a while and returned to smoking. I recently found the will and have delved back in. I started my reentry to ensure success and am on the waiting list for the Darwin and I am dying in anticipation. To tide me over I grabbed a USB rechargable Ego and some lores Cartos... Man everything has taken a step forward. I am very pleased. I even ordered a pink lores USB Ego kit for my wife from NHaler. I am really impressed with the ego, I know its been out for a while but with that usb connection, I have one permanent battery to use. If I am at home I am next to one of three places that all have usb connections and this thing works like a pass thru when on the charge cable. The low resistance carto's have made vaping a breeze, add on a drip tip and you can vape for hours with nary a bother, occasionally dripping 5-20 drips

Something that very much Pleased me was our small time vendor in Tucson appears to have made some strides. He officially opened his doors up on the north side. He is behind the Pizza hut just east of Old Father on Ina. He has expanded to 300 juice flavors and sells plenty of equipment. There are even Leather couches waiting to be vaped upon.

FreedomSmokesUSA was the name of the business. It was David from the couple meetings we had over at the C Note Bar. The awesome thing is, the way he is setting up his shop we could have any kind of meetings there and even be sitting on leather.

Anyhow, Good to be back. Hope we can resurrect The Tucson Chapter.

Arvidx

Hey guys its been an age since I lost the battle for a while and returned to smoking. I recently found the will and have delved back in.

Just curious, what made you fall off the wagon? Since I started vaping 6 months ago I haven't had even a moment of wanting to turn back. There's just nothing I miss about smoking. I find vaping to be better than a substitute for smoking, I actually prefer it. And I was smoking a pack and a half a day for 15 years before I switched to vapor. So, what happened? Did all of your equipment fail at once? Get it all stolen? Never really liked it as much as smoking? Just curious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread