Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Haven't seen much discussion about the new Ultimo Vision box mode, so I thought I'd post my thoughts....

First, a few photos so you know what I'm talking about:

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

Ultimo%20Vision.JPG

The version I purchased is the larger, 950mah Ultimo with retracting Vision carto.

My primary PV has been the ProVari, and I really love it, even after a full year of ownership! The ONE drawback is, I keep it in my shirt pocket, and with either a MAP tank or Vision Carto on top of my ProVari, it isn't what I'd call "pocket friendly"...

Wearing a dress shirt on occasion, the ProVari popping out of my shirt pocket looks rather strange.

With this in mind, I wanted a smaller, easier to carry option, ideally where the carto could be retracted entirely into the device!

Enter the Ultimo Vision 950mah!

The Ultimo Vision 950 (most of the details apply to the 950's smaller brother, the Ultimo 650, other then the ability to retract the carto) comes in several different colors/patterns... most, a little bit over the top for my personal tastes. Therefore, I went with the White Marble. (Would've loved black, but black was currently only available in the smaller size)

The device is covered with very soft rubber material. It is VERY light! While it is made of plastic, and is ridiculously light, it does seem solid, and doesn't have any creaking or movement between the parts.

Device has three buttons and an LED screen.

Main power button (see 2nd photo from top) glows blue when pressed. Press the power button five times quickly, and the device powers off and displays "Goodbye, My Master".... scrolling across the screen. Press five times in rapid succession again, it powers on. No real need that I've found to power it on and off, unless you need a quick ego boost!

The front of the device has two buttons and the easy to read LED screen. While the LED is on the small size, it's very easy to read both indoors, with the back-lighting, and outdoors in bright sunlight!

One interesting feature of the Ultimo is, it keeps count of how many drags you've taken each day! Press the power button to take a drag, and the display lights up showing "159" and a battery symbol displaying remaining charge, where "159" is how many drags you've taken since midnight! The counter resets automatically each night at exactly midnight.

Quick press on the left button displays the time, and below that, the date... 2011-12-22!

Two quick presses on the left button displays how long, in minutes, since you LAST took a drag! Not sure how useful, but it's there for your information, if you're interested!

Three quick presses of the left button displays what voltage you're device is currently set to. You can choose 3.2v., 3.7v or 4.0v. I personally leave my Ultimo set to 4v, and find that I can get amazingly good amounts of vapor and throat hit at that setting.

Right button used to set date/time and change voltage.

There's also two window slits, which allow you to view how much juice remains in your Vision Carto. The Visions come in different sizes. The device comes with a Vision Regular already in the device, plus TWO spare Vision regulars! Nice touch by GotVapes!

FYI: I really like the Vision Micro Stretch, and while they do fit in the Ultimo and work fine, and you can retract them, you won't be able to close the sliding lid that covers the cartos in the closed position. A non-issue to me, but just thought I'd mention it. The Vision Extreme Giants will NOT fit into the Ultimo.

The Vision Regulars hold 1.5ml of juice, while the Vision Extreme Micro Stretch can hold 1.3ml of juice.

The device comes with a very long USB plug that plugs into the bottom of the device for charging. Plug it into your PC, and you can use it while charging as a pass-through. Also includes a wall wart, for quicker charging.

The device seems to go on and on... sort of like the Energizer Bunny, for those of you old enough to remember!

I easily get a full day, but I've been plugging it in and charging it at night, and haven't let it run completely down. Others have reported THREE DAYS from a full charge, and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised!

If you're looking for a lightweight PV, that'll get you through an entire day, give the Ultimo 950 a look. If I bring a spare, full Vision Regular along with me, including a full one loaded in the chamber, I should easily be able to get through from 7am until midnight with this pocket rocket!

Hope some of you found this review useful, and not too long!

Last edited:

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
Thanks for the review!!! I really want one of these!! Just saw the new 950 mah today at gotvapes. I saw the tinier black version at the last local meeting I went to and thought it was so cool!!! Such a tiny little lightweight box mod. I didn't even know about the other features you mentioned, like the counting of drags and that it says "Goodbye Master." lol. SO cool. I REALLY want one of those - either white marble or the black and white zebra one. I love pink but that pink zebra design is too much LOL

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I REALLY want one of those - either white marble or the black and white zebra one. I love pink but that pink zebra design is too much LOL

GotVapes just posted that they have a sale on the 950mah White Granite one, I believe, at this time!

They really are convenient! Can't believe how long the battery has been lasting me! I didn't charge it last night, just to see how long it'll go, and it still shows nearly full charge (one line down from the top of the battery graph)

SteelJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Austin, Texas
www.youtube.com
Just a few corrections for ya. There is no backlight, it's an OLED screen, far superior to a backlit LED or LCD display.
The low voltage is 3.4V, not 3.2V
Although gotvapes says these are 1.5ml cartos, I found they are 1.2ml and so I can only fill them with 1ml so as not to make them overfilled and gurgly. But then, since they go through the juice like a freight train, they need refilling nearly every hour.
Battery life is good, but not over-the-top great. I'm getting an average of 7 1/2 hours per charge at 3.7V.

But overall, great review. I'll have a video review up as soon as I finish all the testing I want to do on this puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread