Unbearable side effects - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmcriminal

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
cali
As others have said, I think it might be a PG reaction. MAX VG does not mean 100% VG either. I forgot how it works but even 60% VG can be labeled MAX VG. I think it has to do with the flavorings being PG based. If a company uses VG based nic, adds some flavoring(PG) and tops it off with VG they can say it is MAX VG.

Secondly, You said you're using 6mg of nicotine. That's usually pretty high for sub-ohm vaping. That can also be a factor. And lastly, some people are allergic to the type of coils they use.

If I was you, I would get some pure VG and try to vape that and see how it goes(with no nicotine). If you experience some issues then change the metal of the coil. If everything is okay, then add some VG based nicotine. You might want to look into DYI e-juices i.e. make your own.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
About a month and a half ago I decided to quit my 2pack/day habit (for 25 years). I started with an ego aio and quickly transitioned to a Vaporesso Veco with a 0.4 coil.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Suggest you go back to non sub ohm vaping and see if this helps. This may solve your problem, give it a try first. Larger clouds and high vape temperatures can effect people differently.
Might like to read:
Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
Higher Resistance, Lower Wattage vs Lower Resistance, Higher Wattage
The Vaper`s Guide to Flavour Chasing: 10 Tips To Maximise Flavour
Any ideas as to what the heck could be going on? Thank you!!
Since vaping is currently banned in Brazil, obtaining PG and VG may be a problem. If not a source problem, suggest you vape one (both without nic) and observe effects and if a adverse reaction occurs using one, test the other. If you obtain any adverse reaction to both unadulterated PG and VG,then vaping is not for you.
If no reaction either, then add *nic (nic can be purchased where legally allowed, suspended in solution with either PG or VG) to one or the other and repeat previous. The idea here is to discover whats causing your adverse reactions within a systematic progression of elimination.
If you happen to have no reaction to the above, then obtain a bottle of one DIY flavor,add it to a ratio of your choice and repeat the above elimanation experiment. Any adverse reaction to any of the steps may signal your problem.
* Free base vs nic salts could be a cause:
Freebase vs. Salt Nicotine: What's the difference?
Juices with Salts Thoughts?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no idea what it is, I'm not a doctor but I am glad you are seeing an allergist to get to the bottom of it. I am PG intolerant and some flavors don't agree with me but fortunately I have a vaping PCP which was helpful, and I've pretty much figured out a way forward. I hope you do, too.

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome Gosh. Where to start.
6 weeks in, you are not 'done' with smoking. Your body is not close enough to the moment you are free. Maybe it's a quitting smoking issue.
Maybe it's too much liquid at too high power. Subohn isn't for everyone.
I would try a lower power Pod system with 12mg instead.
Vaping has not been an easy ride at times for me but I persist as smoking is not an option. It should not be an option for you. Try to find the answer in Vaping rather than letting the evil sticks win.

Secondly, You said you're using 6mg of nicotine. That's usually pretty high for sub-ohm vaping. That can also be a factor. And lastly, some people are allergic to the type of coils they use.
If I was you, I would get some pure VG and try to vape that and see how it goes(with no nicotine). If you experience some issues then change the metal of the coil. If everything is okay, then add some VG based nicotine. You might want to look into DYI e-juices i.e. make your own.

Thanks for the suggestion. Today I'm experimenting with 0 nic 70%VG again as I don't have the pure VG/PG yet. Very light reactions so far, but need to vape it a while longer to make sure. Also, I smoked a pack of ciggies in two days so I've just put my body though yet another change. (Hadn't done that in a while)

The idea here is to discover whats causing your adverse reactions within a systematic progression of elimination.
If you happen to have no reaction to the above, then obtain a bottle of one DIY flavor,add it to a ratio of your choice and repeat the above elimanation experiment. Any adverse reaction to any of the steps may signal your problem.

That sounds like the way to go (process of elimination). I did find a supplier of VG, PG, nic, etc, here in Brazil, so will order some and some TPA flavours and start experimenting as you suggested. It's going to be little by little.

I'll do all of that before I consider switching equipment. I hear you, but I am absolutely crazy about my current EUC 0.4 coils and the oh-so-warm vapour. I'll go there if I have to! :D

Welcome Gosh. Where to start.
6 weeks in, you are not 'done' with smoking. Your body is not close enough to the moment you are free. Maybe it's a quitting smoking issue.
Maybe it's too much liquid at too high power. Subohn isn't for everyone.
I would try a lower power Pod system with 12mg instead.
Vaping has not been an easy ride at times for me but I persist as smoking is not an option. It should not be an option for you. Try to find the answer in Vaping rather than letting the evil sticks win.

Hey, 2 smokes today, so winning again! :D Thanks for the advice. And there may be a quitting thing happening for sure. I was a damn heavy smoker, my body must be all out of whack. I'm sure that, on top of all the experimentation, there'll be an adjustment period.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
That sounds like the way to go (process of elimination). I did find a supplier of VG, PG, nic, etc, here in Brazil, so will order some and some TPA flavours and start experimenting as you suggested. It's going to be little by little.

when i started vaping over 9 years ago almost everything was still 100% PG , my first kit was a Blu ,i was ok the 1st couple day but then i started getting dizzy as all hell,i had to quit those and go on the search again.
long since forgot what i got next but was fine after that,something about the flavoring Blu used ??

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks!! :) I'll let you guys know the results of my experiments and allergy tests. It'll be interesting, if nothing else.

Allergy testing can be a valuable tool for discovery. I went to an allergy doctor years ago to find out what I was allergic to. They drew dots the inside of my forearms and did scratch tests on both arms for various allergens using a pick from each tray. About 15 minutes after they scratched the pattern of dots with liquids from a tray that corresponded to the marks I started to see a couple of marks puff up and turn pinkish/reddish. Those were the things I had a reaction to.

Maybe they should use PG and VG in your tests. It's so simple that you could do it yourself for those two. The scratch tests were simply a plastic pick from each tray. They barely broke the skin and waited 15 minutes for a reaction. The reaction was like a mosquito bite.

I'd like to hear what the doctors find. Vegetable oil and VG are in many foods and PG is in medicines and it's even in soft drinks to prevent excessive foaming. Google PG and VG and see the long list of things that contain one or both. That might be informative.

Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety

Like pretty much anything else we ingest or inhale, not everybody reacts in the same way to the constituents of e-liquid and the resulting vapor. In most cases, the only side effect is some minor throat irritation, but for some people it can be much worse.

Finding out about the potential reactions you can have to e-liquid, medications or conditions which may have an interaction with nicotine and the advice is regarding pregnancy and e-cigs helps you stay safe when you’re vaping.

Of course, this is for information only; if you’re concerned about any of the topics covered here – but understandably don’t want to go back to smoking – you should see your doctor and follow his or her advice.

What Is the Difference Between Glycerin and Glycerol?
Glycerin is used extensively as a sweetener in chocolate filling, cookies and cakes. The colorless compound also serves as a humectant in soaps and lotions. Glycerin-based remedies treat such skin issues as rashes, acne, burns, psoriasis, bites and calluses. Glycerin soaps treat fungal and yeast infections and soften and ameliorate dry skin. Cough syrups and dietary supplements are also manufactured using glycerin. Adding the ingredient to weight-loss products prevents dehydration during exercise and enhances physical stamina. The ingredient is also added to toothpastes and mouthwashes to kill bacteria.

Propylene Glycol in Food: Is This Additive Safe?

Last edited:
Allergy testing can be a valuable tool for discovery. I went to an allergy doctor years ago to find out what I was allergic to. They drew dots the inside of my forearms and did scratch tests on both arms for various allergens using a pick from each tray. About 15 minutes after they scratched the pattern of dots with liquids from a tray that corresponded to the marks I started to see a couple of marks puff up and turn pinkish/reddish. Those were the things I had a reaction to.

Maybe they should use PG and VG in your tests. It's so simple that you could do it yourself for those two. The scratch tests were simply a plastic pick from each tray. They barely broke the skin and waited 15 minutes for a reaction. The reaction was like a mosquito bite.

I'd like to hear what the doctors find. Vegetable oil and VG are in many foods and PG is in medicines and it's even in soft drinks to prevent excessive foaming. Google PG and VG and see the long list of things that contain one or both. That might be informative.

Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety

What Is the Difference Between Glycerin and Glycerol?

Propylene Glycol in Food: Is This Additive Safe?

Thank you so much!! I'd read the first link you posted and although I was skeptical of a PG allergy due to the fact that I haven't been coughing or had a sore throat, it's definitely possible, I guess we all react differently. I did have an allergy test done like the one you described when I was a kid! Guess it's time for another one. I'll definitely let you guys know the results.

Today I basically chugged 2 mls of 0 nic juice as a test and felt just fine, so maybe my doc was right after all re: too much nicotine. Didn't do 2 more only because I needed my nicotine, so that was the extent of my experiment. I just couldn't get my head around getting too much nic at 6mg/ml, even sub-ohming. Not when I smoked as much as I did (chain smoker all the way). Go figure. Going down from 12mg/ml (first week) was hard enough as the throat hit was *awesome* and at 6mg I'd call it a "meh".

The irony of feeling great when having a cigarette and unwell when vaping is not lost on me. Geez.

Reactions: stols001

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hey, 2 smokes today, so winning again! :D Thanks for the advice. And there may be a quitting thing happening for sure. I was a damn heavy smoker, my body must be all out of whack. I'm sure that, on top of all the experimentation, there'll be an adjustment period.
Yes... exactly this. I was well into a 4th month before I felt my side-effects were diminishing. I also had weight gain and the munchies!
All good now though, 5+ years later.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you so much!! I'd read the first link you posted and although I was skeptical of a PG allergy due to the fact that I haven't been coughing or had a sore throat, it's definitely possible, I guess we all react differently. I did have an allergy test done like the one you described when I was a kid! Guess it's time for another one. I'll definitely let you guys know the results.

Today I basically chugged 2 mls of 0 nic juice as a test and felt just fine, so maybe my doc was right after all re: too much nicotine. Didn't do 2 more only because I needed my nicotine, so that was the extent of my experiment. I just couldn't get my head around getting too much nic at 6mg/ml, even sub-ohming. Not when I smoked as much as I did (chain smoker all the way). Go figure. Going down from 12mg/ml (first week) was hard enough as the throat hit was *awesome* and at 6mg I'd call it a "meh".

The irony of feeling great when having a cigarette and unwell when vaping is not lost on me. Geez.

Just wondering How you are doing?

And if you have found a Combination that works for you?

JSL_Aus

Aug 16, 2018
Hi Monica_dr,

sorry to hear that vaping has been giving you a bad time. I hope that if you want to use vaping to get off and stay off the smokes, that you can figure out what works for you.

I know that for me, in 6 months of vaping and free of the smokes, I've had a range of issues, some may be vaping related, some were (or are) a result of quitting smoking.

The first thing that I was able to figure out is that I got more anxiety and mild depression when I quit smoking, but more noticeably when I went from my 18mg strength juice down to 12 and 9mg juices. At first I thought everything was fine, but looking back, my increased anxiety started when I dropped the nic strength. At the moment I am back on my 18mg juice, and I feel much better again. I also have had dizzy spells as well, not as bad as you describe, but a number of times I have felt a bit unsteady for a few seconds, mostly when changing position. For me, this could be anxiety related, or perhaps blood-pressure related, or maybe my body is still getting used to oxygen :), having been starved of it all those years I was a smoker. Ironically, when I was a smoker, my blood pressure was reliably 120/80; but the first time I had a reading since off the smokes, it was closer to 150. My Dr. thinks it is a result of the higher anxiety I was feeling at the time. Whilst conventional wisdom says that quitting smoking should lower blood pressure, there are tons of reports of people who experienced higher than normal blood pressure after quitting smoking.

As othes have said, if you can, try experimenting with 0 nic vs higher nic, and try 100% VG, then 100% PG, all one by one, and see if you are able to reliably nail down any (or none) of these as the cause. The difficulty is being able to identify what is vaping related (if at all), what is a result of not smoking (if at all), and then what might be another cause.

In my journey I have been able to identify that high or max VG liquids tend to upset my stomach more, with associated trips to the "local throne room". Also, as much as I wanted to cut the nic strength down, for now I have decided that I'd rather just vape 18mg and not feel anxiety and depression. For me (and I am not saying this is true for you), when I was in more extreme states of anxiety from getting less nicotine, I noticed that any body feelings, pains or symtoms I was feeling were greatly magnified. For you, if you are sub-ohming, you might be getting a lot more nicotine. As other have suggested, maybe go back to a mouth to lung kit at higher Ohms. That way you'd get less nicotine, but could still have the vape-to-mouth behaviour and pleasure, closer to smoking behaviour.

Hope that helps, and please let us know how you get on.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Hi Monica_dr,

sorry to hear that vaping has been giving you a bad time. I hope that if you want to use vaping to get off and stay off the smokes, that you can figure out what works for you.

I know that for me, in 6 months of vaping and free of the smokes, I've had a range of issues, some may be vaping related, some were (or are) a result of quitting smoking.

The first thing that I was able to figure out is that I got more anxiety and mild depression when I quit smoking, but more noticeably when I went from my 18mg strength juice down to 12 and 9mg juices. At first I thought everything was fine, but looking back, my increased anxiety started when I dropped the nic strength. At the moment I am back on my 18mg juice, and I feel much better again. I also have had dizzy spells as well, not as bad as you describe, but a number of times I have felt a bit unsteady for a few seconds, mostly when changing position. For me, this could be anxiety related, or perhaps blood-pressure related, or maybe my body is still getting used to oxygen :), having been starved of it all those years I was a smoker. Ironically, when I was a smoker, my blood pressure was reliably 120/80; but the first time I had a reading since off the smokes, it was closer to 150. My Dr. thinks it is a result of the higher anxiety I was feeling at the time. Whilst conventional wisdom says that quitting smoking should lower blood pressure, there are tons of reports of people who experienced higher than normal blood pressure after quitting smoking.

As othes have said, if you can, try experimenting with 0 nic vs higher nic, and try 100% VG, then 100% PG, all one by one, and see if you are able to reliably nail down any (or none) of these as the cause. The difficulty is being able to identify what is vaping related (if at all), what is a result of not smoking (if at all), and then what might be another cause.

In my journey I have been able to identify that high or max VG liquids tend to upset my stomach more, with associated trips to the "local throne room". Also, as much as I wanted to cut the nic strength down, for now I have decided that I'd rather just vape 18mg and not feel anxiety and depression. For me (and I am not saying this is true for you), when I was in more extreme states of anxiety from getting less nicotine, I noticed that any body feelings, pains or symtoms I was feeling were greatly magnified. For you, if you are sub-ohming, you might be getting a lot more nicotine. As other have suggested, maybe go back to a mouth to lung kit at higher Ohms. That way you'd get less nicotine, but could still have the vape-to-mouth behaviour and pleasure, closer to smoking behaviour.

Hope that helps, and please let us know how you get on.
Hey @JSL_Aus, I found your post very interesting. I was recently talking with a person who started vaping about 6months ago and she mentioned that her anxiety levels had started becoming a problem about 3months into quitting tobacco. She said that she had always lived with some low level anxiety but nothing like some of the episodes she found herself dealing with since quitting tobacco.
You talk about your experience with anxiety and mild depression during quitting and as you cut down your nicotine levels, it made me curious , were anxiety or mild depression a part of your life before you quit tobacco or is this a new thing for you?
Hope thats not too personal a question. Cheers.

JSL_Aus

Aug 16, 2018
You talk about your experience with anxiety and mild depression during quitting and as you cut down your nicotine levels, it made me curious , were anxiety or mild depression a part of your life before you quit tobacco or is this a new thing for you?

Hi Jebbn,

no, it's not too personal at all. All we can do is try and help each other, I often rely on online support for things. Sometimes, conventional wisdom, or even Doctors can only help so far.

For me looking back, I had a spike in anxiety that seemed to correlate very much with the time I reduced the nic strength from 18mg down to 12 and 9mg. It was quite by accident, I just wanted some juice that only had 12 and 9mg as the highest nic strengths. I noticed that the lower nic didn't make me want to go back to smoking, but over a period of about 2-4 weeks, my anxiety levels steadily rose, until it was a real problem again.

Before I ever smoked, I had anxiety issues - general anxiety, as well as panic attacks on and off. For whatever reason, smoking seemed to reduce or almost eliminate my anxiety. Also, the times I had tried to quit smoking before, i would notice an increase in both anxiety and depression. In fact, the last time I ever quit before this time, I got a week off the ciggies, and my anxiety levels (as well as depression) got so bad I just thought "stuff it, this ain't worth it!", so I started smoking again. That was in 2004.

There are compounds in tobacco called MAOis - monoamine oxidase inhibitors, that, when we smoke, may explain why smoking for some is used to help with things like depression and anxiety. I am not sure of the role, if any, that nicotine itself plays with anxiety and depression, although for me, it was probably just a factor, as, 3 months off the ciggies coincided with reducing nicotine strength, and that is when my anxiety started increasing.

I use an alpha brainwave meditation program that does help a bit with my anxiety. These audios are known as brainwave entrainment (binaural beats or isochronic tones). For anxiety, brainwave entrainment that induces alpha or theta states tend to be the best IMHO.

Anyway, anxiety is horrible, so I hope your friend can get some relief from it.

Cheers - Justin.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Hi Jebbn,

no, it's not too personal at all. All we can do is try and help each other, I often rely on online support for things. Sometimes, conventional wisdom, or even Doctors can only help so far.

For me looking back, I had a spike in anxiety that seemed to correlate very much with the time I reduced the nic strength from 18mg down to 12 and 9mg. It was quite by accident, I just wanted some juice that only had 12 and 9mg as the highest nic strengths. I noticed that the lower nic didn't make me want to go back to smoking, but over a period of about 2-4 weeks, my anxiety levels steadily rose, until it was a real problem again.

Before I ever smoked, I had anxiety issues - general anxiety, as well as panic attacks on and off. For whatever reason, smoking seemed to reduce or almost eliminate my anxiety. Also, the times I had tried to quit smoking before, i would notice an increase in both anxiety and depression. In fact, the last time I ever quit before this time, I got a week off the ciggies, and my anxiety levels (as well as depression) got so bad I just thought "stuff it, this ain't worth it!", so I started smoking again. That was in 2004.

There are compounds in tobacco called MAOis - monoamine oxidase inhibitors, that, when we smoke, may explain why smoking for some is used to help with things like depression and anxiety. I am not sure of the role, if any, that nicotine itself plays with anxiety and depression, although for me, it was probably just a factor, as, 3 months off the ciggies coincided with reducing nicotine strength, and that is when my anxiety started increasing.

I use an alpha brainwave meditation program that does help a bit with my anxiety. These audios are known as brainwave entrainment (binaural beats or isochronic tones). For anxiety, brainwave entrainment that induces alpha or theta states tend to be the best IMHO.

Anyway, anxiety is horrible, so I hope your friend can get some relief from it.

Cheers - Justin.
Hey Justin, thanks for this. I gave your post a "heart" rating, and as an Aussie bloke thats a pretty big deal for me, but your post is gold.
I have always suffered anxiety but generally managed it quite well, at other times not so well.
I always suspected that my smoking habit was related to my anxiety problem, a form of self medication.
I have experienced some of the worst anxiety and some of the most confrontational stare at myself in the mirror situations in the last year since quitting tobacco.
The best part is I can now accept that I have an anxiety problem, something I never done, and start dealing with it in a more direct way.
I didnt know my friend dealt with anxiety and she didnt know I did, vaping has actually opened up a lot of conversations we never would have had. I found it interesting that her experience with tobacco, cutting nicotine and anxiety were similar and then reading your post here, and some others, its given me a lot of food for thought.
My own experiences with cutting nic have been interesting. I can go nic free for 7+ days and then return to nic with a much reduced tolerance but I find that if I go too long with out nic and then come back too low I am prone to elevated anxiety incidences. I dont crave nic or feel like I mst have it but after 10days at lower mgs the anxiety starts rising. Ive found that a constant 3-4ml per day at 8mg there is no issue but to go for 2 days nic free and then return to nic at 3mg for a week or so Im likely to experience an anxiety episode. 2-3 days nic free and then return to 8mg and there is no problem.
Its almost like Im not having anxiety because of withdrawals, Im having anxiety from not medicating. I experienced that once about a decade ago with some prescription medication I forgot to take for a couple of days a couple of times and this nicotine experience is very similar to it.

JSL_Aus

Aug 16, 2018
Hi Jebbn,

thank you for the "Aussie" rating :), and thanks for sharing honestly.

Yes, anxiety is a b*tch, but it helps to talk about it, and even better, sometimes just talking about it opens up ideas or strategies on how to deal with it that we might not have considered before.

Yes, I definitely self-medicated with cigs, and I also self-medicate with vaping as well. Much as people around me try and encourage me to cut down the nic with vaping, at the moment, like you will probably agree, the anxiety is just not worth it, so I am giving myself permission to vape 18mg, if that is what it takes.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
...just a mention here...WTA...Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. Some think that the additional (5%) of alkaloids that are present in tobacco, but missing from pure nicotine have some valuable properties. Some may be useful in the realm of depression and anxiety, though I'm not making that claim.

I did some calculations early on as WTA was becoming available. It literally was selling (by weight) for more than the equivalent weight of gold! Serious!

While on that topic, is someone aware of excellent prices on min. 120 ml of unflavored WTA base at 36 mg / ml or better (gross nicotine)?

Reactions: JSL_Aus

Henning Friis

Sep 25, 2018
Hi Monica
It is a very interesting thread here and I hope your problems will resolve. It's possible that it's not relevant, because I'm new to vaping myself. but I read at a time when I became interested in vaping that some could be hypersensitive to nickel and therefore with nickel coils could get an allergic reaction. so maybe the problem may also be there? Maybe check your coils?
Best of luck

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
Thank you all for your replies. I'm certainly aware you're not doctors, which is exactly why I'm here instead of my doctor's office. As I have no health issues, my doctor will merely say, if vaping makes you feel horrible and you feel fine when not vaping, don't vape. Experienced vapers will have a lot more to say about vaping side effects!

I did try everything from 70%PG to 80%VG, haven't tried max VG yet as I'm in Brazil and it's damn hard to get it here. Did try different brands. Initially it seemed like some flavours were okay, but in the end they all gave me reactions.

To me the oddest thing is having such strong reactions at times and being absolutely fine at other times. That's just weird. I did do a lot of research on PG reactions as it seems to be fairly common, but the only thing I found in common with my symptoms was the itching as Cool Breeze mentioned. Slightly dry skin too. But no itchy/scratchy/sore throat and no coughing.

I did notice I tended to get much stronger reactions when vaping after a while without it, but at this point I'm clueless!
Not medical here but I've been through this before. This was the reason why I kinda gave up along with a few life issues. I'm back to vaping and my family doctor said it was the PG in it. So with that being said, I go for 70/30 AND mix a little more VG in mine. I bought a bottle of the VG to lessen the juice to my tolerance. It's working. You can buy DIY kits and get the nicotine in VG vs PG. Flavor is better in PG but you can still mix to your liking with your own kit. Some flavors may be the blame in your case as well. Simply find neutral flavors with no reaction and stay with those. If you must you can speak with juice vendors and they can help if diy juice isn't your thing. Hope this helps since I get the itchies as well. ...:)

Hey guys, thank you o much for your replies, I know it was ages ago but I wanted to drop a note anyway. @Jebbn @Henning Friis @JSL_Aus

It's been quite a ride, I tell ya. At the time I posted I was back to smoking cigarettes and not long after went to the doctor. He listen to the whole story, examined me as thoroughly as possible, and suggested I try again, but slowly this time, replacing only a few cigarettes a day with vaping, sticking to that fir a couple of weeks, and so on. It's been a massive struggle as I found it way easier to just switch. As it is now, I feel like having cigarettes waaaay more. As it is now, I have a short vape session every couple of smokes and soon cutting it down to half and half. Felt ....ty very briefly once and that was it.

However, as someone who's has lifelong battles with anxiety, after being so sick from vaping, I feel incredibly anxious every time I vape as I worry I'll feel all that stuff again. I'm hoping that with time I'll feel more confident and stop worrying, because it sure does get in the way quite a bit. All I know is I'm not giving up. It'll work out in the end, I'm sure, but it's all required quite a bit of patience.

I don't think PG, VG, nic or flavourings were the problem, just the abrupt change and the sudden 6-8mls a day I was vaping overnight.

I do need to get a new vape - something I can easily find coils for in Brazil - to try higher nic/slightly higher ohms to increase throat hit. I love my vaporesso veco at 0.4 ohms but feeling the need to alternate with a stronger throat hit.

Thank you all again for all your insights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread