Unbearable side effects - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello Monica_dr, glad to hear that you're getting to the bottom of things and feeling better.

May I ask you some questions please, thank you.

Would you have any issues importing items from China? If not, you could possibly order items from fasttech.

Would you possibly consider rebuildable tanks or drippers? The reason behind this, is it may be easier to get wire and wicking than coils. And it may be cheaper.

Reactions: stols001
Hello Monica_dr, glad to hear that you're getting to the bottom of things and feeling better.

May I ask you some questions please, thank you.

Would you have any issues importing items from China? If not, you could possibly order items from fasttech.

Would you possibly consider rebuildable tanks or drippers? The reason behind this, is it may be easier to get wire and wicking than coils. And it may be cheaper.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Fortunately, this is a massive market here despite not being legal and I tend to buy what's available as importing takes *forever* (2-3 months) and I'd be bound to run out of stuff. Don't think I'm ready for RDAs yet, but there are tons of stuff available which I could buy coils for without too much of a hassle. Sadly not the zenith, which I'd love to try, but most vaporessos are easy to find, smok (alien, luxe, polar, etc), drag 2, some eleaf (not a lot), geek ape gbox, nunchaku uwell, innokin itaste, ijoy saber, voopoo vmate, vgod promech 2. There may be others more difficult to find which I'm not aware of. But these I'd find the coils for more or less easily.

The thing is, I know very little about mods, and my set up at the moment, which works well for me and had me off cigs, is a vaporesso veco with 0.4 Euc coils and a small drip tip as I half mtl and half dl. I really enjoy the warm vapour and everything else about this, but occasionally crave stronger throat hits. I use 6mg juice with this setup.

I did start with an ego aio pro and 12mg juice on 0.6 coils and that's definitely got a tighter draw and stronger throat hit, but not enough power for me anymore, the coils flood too much, etc. So I'm on the market for something that will allow me a strong mtl throat hit but I'd like something that would give me options as far as coils go as I don't want to be stuck subohming on 0.2s and 0.4s and would like to go as high as 1.0 for much higher nic.

Does this help? Thank you!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes, thanks @Cool_Breeze - I actually looked at WTA liquids before I made the switch to vaping, but the higher cost, along with difficulties in sourcing it made me end up just getting regular e-juice.

Jebbn
Try Aroma for WTA. Since you use only drops that makes the whole price of the bottle really not being as expensive in the long run. You can also use the search engine here and search for Whole Tobacco Alkaloid(WTA) and find a whole host of post where it is discussed, as far back as 2009-2010. Aroma worked with some of ecf members(whom are chemist) in order to make the WTA ejuice. I have read there are other companies that do sell at a cheaper price but are not as potent, but as we all know, different strokes,etc.)

Here is the link to Aroma's thread here at ecf and you can find a link to their website on their page.

Aroma Ejuice

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:)

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I did start with an ego aio pro and 12mg juice on 0.6 coils and that's definitely got a tighter draw and stronger throat hit, but not enough power for me anymore, the coils flood too much, etc
Before you spend money on a new mod, try out the 0.5 coils and the 0.25 notch coils. even the 0.5 is recognisably different from the 0.6, and the 0.25 is a real devil, for which you may want to use the anti-spit drip tip that came with your ego, until you got the required technique for the coil figured out...

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
The Veco tank should be removable from your mod, check this first. And if it is, all you will need is another mod.

SMOK I would advise anyone to stay away from, as they're not something that you can rely upon.

Vaporesso are good, solid performing devices. But the only negative is the plastics that they use for external panels scratch and scuff easily.

Vaporesso Drizzle tank may interest you, it's being marketed as an MTL tank. But uses smaller EUC-MTL coils, which may cause issues as I wouldn't know what the availability would be where you are.

Can you get hold of Smoant mods? Another good manufacturer that makes some solid, great performing mods at reasonable prices.

And can you get hold of genuine Samsung or LG batteries?

Reactions: stols001
Yep, the veco tank sure is removable. And yes, can get the naboo 225w and the charon mini 225, as well as the cylon. The coils won't be really easy to find but it can be done. The battlestar mini, too.

I've heard that often about smok, but for some reason it's the craze over here. Although there is a lot of vaporesso too (tarot nano, revenger, luxe, swag tarot baby, polar, armour pro, switcher 220w).

Voopoo drag kits seem to be popular too atm.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yep, the veco tank sure is removable. And yes, can get the naboo 225w and the charon mini 225, as well as the cylon. The coils won't be really easy to find but it can be done. The battlestar mini, too.

I've heard that often about smok, but for some reason it's the craze over here. Although there is a lot of vaporesso too (tarot nano, revenger, luxe, swag tarot baby, polar, armour pro, switcher 220w).

Voopoo drag kits seem to be popular too atm.
Of the vaporesso options, I would suggest the polar and for out and about the armour pro. the polar mod is med sized and a good fit in the hand without being heavy at all. The luxe is big and heavy. It is a nice mod and performs well but if you have smaller hands it may be not as comfortable. The Polar has plenty of power, but before putting a tank on, check on the version firmware. When they first came out the first push of the fire button burned my coils immediately. It has since been fixed in later versions of firmware but it was worth mentioning. You can and may have to change settings before firing up a tank.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I found that vaping dries me out. That can cause a lot of things.

I just have 3-4 large water bottles in the fridge and I carry with me in the car.

Not sure if is a helpful answer, but my throat, skin and other things have settled. After 5 years I still drink a lot of moisturizing fluids.

I wouldn't worry to much about the hardware, other than keeping it simple.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
The Battlestar Mini is great with higher ohm coils, I'm waiting for some Vaporesso Drizzle and SXK Prime clones (copies) to try together. So that's going to be interesting. As when you go up in ohms you don't need to use as many watts, so you end up with increased battery life.

Smoant Battlestar and Cylon, are really durable 2 battery mods that can take some abuse. The Battlestar has an earlier version chip that is good and is lighter, the Cylon is heavier and uses the previous chip to the Naboo.

And with Vaporesso Polar, Vaporesso Luxe and Naboo. Go for whatever you could pick up cheap out of these, they're all good. And built somewhat similar.

And the Armour Pro, which Sugar_and_Spice has mentioned. Couple that with Samsung 40T batteries and high ohm coils, and you'll have a long time between charges or battery swaps.

But one of the most important things to do is to go and have a look at them in person, as you need to find something that suits you. Because mods can be too big, heavy or just downright uncomfortable to use.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
@Monica_dr Interesting symptoms. I know what you mean about the anxiety. If something happens once that was a bad experience the fear of it can really affect things. I was a heavy smoker too for many years and switched fully when I started vaping. Early on through trial and error, I found that PG did not agree with me. It was mostly trial and error. A small amount is OK so I vape max VG or 100% but even the 100% had some pg in the flavorings. I did find that there is something, though, in some vanilla flavors and even in some custard flavors that REALLY does not agree with me. It is an unidentified ingredient but I am sure it is in the flavorings. If I get an ejuice with one of those flavoring my throat actually closes up --- never had allergies or anything and it was very scary.

Your doctors seems like he is trying to work with you -- tapering, reducing nic etc so hopefully, it will all work out.

Sadly, no! Trust me to manage to have the most bizarre symptoms. One day I'll tell you guys about my 20-day stint in hospital two years ago with something that was never diagnosed and disappeared later.

Yesterday and today I felt a little sick again, pressure in the head, ears, some dizzyness. Still using the vape every 3 smokes. It's probably only 1ml a day at this point. When I quit smoking last year, that was 6-8ml. Persisting, though. I'll quit again eventually!

As for the gear tips, thank you all very much! I'll have a look into it. :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Monica_dr, have you tried just vaping 100%VG for a while and then 100%PG for a while?

Also, does the issue occur with certain flavours?
I don't work well with melon flavourings, they cause me to have throat infections.

And on a final note, how exactly do you use your vape? Do you pull the vapour into your mouth and inhale, or do you just inhale? Sorry for asking this, but just trying to help rule things out.

Monica_dr, have you tried just vaping 100%VG for a while and then 100%PG for a while?

Also, does the issue occur with certain flavours?
I don't work well with melon flavourings, they cause me to have throat infections.

And on a final note, how exactly do you use your vape? Do you pull the vapour into your mouth and inhale, or do you just inhale? Sorry for asking this, but just trying to help rule things out.

I haven't tried 100% VG test as it's really hard to find it, buy yes, it's the next step for sure. I do MTL hits, but half DL on occasion. Flavourings don't seem to make a difference except for tobacco ones, which make it a bit worse.

I am sure this has been asked somewhere....Are you absolutely positive that the nic is not bad? And the pg/vg is the purest you can obtain? Does the labeling on them say USP?
Sorry if this has already been discussed to no end.

Don't think it's bad nic as I've tried many different batches from several different brands.

The issues started back up again. No one seems to be able to figure ou what the problem is because the reactions only happen occasionally. The first time it got bad, I had just walked out of a class I was teaching, so hadn't touched my vape for a couple of hours. A few drags, got in the car, and had that massive head pressure and dyziness. This happened at other random times and had nothing to do with the nic as it sometimes happened with only 2 drags after several hours without vaping. Not to mention my tolerance for nic is HIGH.

It's a mystery. The last test I did was the weirdest. After I felt really horrible, I put the vape aside for 2 days. Felt just fine. Then, picked it up again for very short sessions, very spaced out too. Felt ok. Then, to make sure it wasn't the nic, I filled my tank with 2ml of 0nic juice, and vapes the whole thing in 15 minutes. Nothing happened. I thought, hey! Maybe it IS the nic!! The next day I had major personal issues and got worried about Dealing with vaping/getting sick AND anxiety over other stuff at the same time. So I vaped VERY little - 2 to 3 drags every 2 or 3 hours. Felt off every time I caped, it went away 5 minutes after stopping. When I did vape, it was instant. So I decided to put the nic theory to the test once and for all and after 2 drags and not feeling that great, I emptied my tank, put the 0 nic juice back in there, and had a drag. Felt like I was going to die. Head pressure, intense light headedness and dizzyness. So, definitely not a nic issue.

My allergist didn't even test me for pg allergy as he was confident my symptoms didn't match those of an allergic reaction. I didn't vape for a month. Went to my doc, he examined me and suggested I try again, but tapering.

Vaping 1ml a day for 2,5 months I felt good for the most part. But haven't been able to do it over the last week as I feel pretty awful 2 drags in. It seems absolutely random and some people have suggested it might actually be psychosomatic, although I find it very hard to believe I'd only feel like this when vaping but not otherwise, and at random times.

Anyway, even though Max vg juices are hard to get here, I'll find some and try. It's the logical next step regardless of what my allergist thinks. I don't see how it can be anything other than a PG intolerance.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I haven't tried 100% VG test as it's really hard to find it, buy yes, it's the next step for sure. I do MTL hits, but half DL on occasion. Flavourings don't seem to make a difference except for tobacco ones, which make it a bit worse.

Don't think it's bad nic as I've tried many different batches from several different brands.

The issues started back up again. No one seems to be able to figure ou what the problem is because the reactions only happen occasionally. The first time it got bad, I had just walked out of a class I was teaching, so hadn't touched my vape for a couple of hours. A few drags, got in the car, and had that massive head pressure and dyziness. This happened at other random times and had nothing to do with the nic as it sometimes happened with only 2 drags after several hours without vaping. Not to mention my tolerance for nic is HIGH.

It's a mystery. The last test I did was the weirdest. After I felt really horrible, I put the vape aside for 2 days. Felt just fine. Then, picked it up again for very short sessions, very spaced out too. Felt ok. Then, to make sure it wasn't the nic, I filled my tank with 2ml of 0nic juice, and vapes the whole thing in 15 minutes. Nothing happened. I thought, hey! Maybe it IS the nic!! The next day I had major personal issues and got worried about Dealing with vaping/getting sick AND anxiety over other stuff at the same time. So I vaped VERY little - 2 to 3 drags every 2 or 3 hours. Felt off every time I caped, it went away 5 minutes after stopping. When I did vape, it was instant. So I decided to put the nic theory to the test once and for all and after 2 drags and not feeling that great, I emptied my tank, put the 0 nic juice back in there, and had a drag. Felt like I was going to die. Head pressure, intense light headedness and dizzyness. So, definitely not a nic issue.

My allergist didn't even test me for pg allergy as he was confident my symptoms didn't match those of an allergic reaction. I didn't vape for a month. Went to my doc, he examined me and suggested I try again, but tapering.

Vaping 1ml a day for 2,5 months I felt good for the most part. But haven't been able to do it over the last week as I feel pretty awful 2 drags in. It seems absolutely random and some people have suggested it might actually be psychosomatic, although I find it very hard to believe I'd only feel like this when vaping but not otherwise, and at random times.

Anyway, even though Max vg juices are hard to get here, I'll find some and try. It's the logical next step regardless of what my allergist thinks. I don't see how it can be anything other than a PG intolerance.
vg does that to me... in too high a ratio.

ps i wanted to smoke everyday for the first 3 years of vaping.

vg does that to me... in too high a ratio.

ps i wanted to smoke everyday for the first 3 years of vaping.

You get the same side effects from vg? Head pressure, intense dyziness, ear issues, sinus pressure?

Last year I managed to completely quit cigs and didn't really feel like smoking anymore. I was so happy!!

Last edited:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
You get the same side effects from vg? Head pressure, intense dyziness, ear issues, sinus pressure?

Last year I managed to completely quit cigs and was didn't really feel like smoking anymore. I was so happy!!
yes, most commonly store bought juice is higher in vg than pg.

i now buy a 50 50 mix online and am fine.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
yes, most commonly store bought juice is higher in vg than pg.

i now buy a 50 50 mix online and am fine.

That's changed quite a bit since I started vaping in 2010. My first vendor juices were 90pg/10vg. Coming off smoking that was a good fit. I needed a little throat hit at first. I've been in the 70pg down to 50pg range since. Too much VG gives me a tight lung feeling. We are all a little different when it comes to the mix that works.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

One hit of zero nic after already having nic isn't really a much of a test. Give 0 nic a whole days worth if like the 1st time you tried(the whole 0nic session). I am not saying go over board but to really tell you gotta give it more than just than 1 short vape. My reasoning is that you already have been vaping with the nic before you tried then 0 again in same session, so you are right it is a mystery to be able to not vape, come back and vape 0 nic for a whole tank with no symptoms. This is just my opinion but it may be worth a shot to give it more time before really and reliably being able to say its not the nic. If the 0 nic vape session goes well, then add 1mg of nic and try that and see if a reaction. It you can tolerate that then next day try 1mg more, etc. You may need to condition your body slowly. Anyway these are just my thoughts. I hope you get something figured out, this has got to be just miserable for you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread