Unhappy E-Cig User :(~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; I bought an eGo-CC starter kit two weeks ago, and though I've heard great things about this product, I'm having a terrible experience with the one I got.

This thing continues to leak like crazy. After jumping through major hoops, the store I bought this thing from gave me a replacement tank (a 'clearomizer tube' according to the manual), but that hasn't solved the problem. This afternoon I filled the tank almost to the top, and after 10 minutes of use the tank was bone dry, with most of the liquid having leaked out the tip or pooled around the atomizer. This is annoying, because I would really be enjoying my vapes if it weren't for the leaking. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

It's pointless trying the deal with the store, which keeps telling me that eGo-CCs don't leak, and that my e-cig is working normally. I emailed the manufacturer, but it doesn't look like i'm going to get anywhere at that end.

Do I just cut bait on the eGo-CC and try something else? Any suggestions?

Regards
Glenn

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
Oh the horror...

reminds me of my ego-days with the abysmal ego-T.

Keep the batts... they are real nice and get a Protank 2 like TT says.
I have one... great vape, no fuss.
Or it's smaller brother the evod. Same coil, smaller tank (and made from
plastic instead of glass).

I am also a recovering ego-T victim. Can't go wrong with an evod or an Aro. Basically the same thing, and not as expensive.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
the Ego CC is the battery. No problems there, it sounds like you are having clearo problems.

It sounds like you are filling the tank too high. Some might be getting into the center tube?

Fill carefully, make sure all seals are tight and aligned.

Try some different clearos like EVOD, Protank Mini, etc. Sometimes the clearos that "come with" a kit aren't the best. :)

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Yep, keep the battery, make sure the connection is cleaned (q tips work well), and get a new tank. Protank 2, Mini Protank (which looks great on an eGo style battery, or a cheaper option is the iClear 16 which has replaceable heads. I have had very minimal leaking issues with all of those tanks. I also have an iClear 30 which has NEVER leaked on me. It's kind of a giant though. Good luck and just get some better tanks.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
+1 on the Evod, ProTank mini and Aro recommendations. Those are solid performers.

However, your vaping technique may be part of the problem. You are not smoking that thing like a cigarette. So, you need to take longer, slower draws on it. Don't literally pump the liquid through the system like you used to pump the smoke through that nasty tube of highly engineered tobacco product.

Mash the button and take a nice, light, long draw on it. Hold it in your mouth for a second or two. Then either swallow and exhale through the nose, or inhale it about half as deeply as you would with a cigarette.

What you should be doing should approximate how cigar and pipe smokers do their thing.

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
You'll have a MUCH better experience with the Protank/Protank Mini/Evod. If you prefer the warmer vape, go with a Vision Vivi Nova. There are so many different Clearo manufacturers, its difficult to know whether you've gotten a good one or not until you've wasted a tankful of liquid.

I've moved on to Genesis style tanks and mechs, but still carry my ego/protank as a backup.

IMAG0878.jpg

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
hi Glen and welcome. Ego CC is a good PV but there is a learning curve there, like with any PV,

Have you watched any of the Youtube videos? There are several--this is just one of them:

There is also an eGo cc thread here somewhere; please read it, and as soon as you get 5 posts you'll be able to ask your questions there and talk to actual cc users.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/458688-joyetech-ego-cc.html#post10458952

And this one:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...etech-clearomizer-long-last.html#post10439117

Good luck!

Last edited:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
However, your vaping technique may be part of the problem. You are not smoking that thing like a cigarette. So, you need to take longer, slower draws on it. Don't literally pump the liquid through the system like you used to pump the smoke through that nasty tube of highly engineered tobacco product.

Mash the button and take a nice, light, long draw on it. Hold it in your mouth for a second or two. Then either swallow and exhale through the nose, or inhale it about half as deeply as you would with a cigarette.

What you should be doing should approximate how cigar and pipe smokers do their thing.
And also:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/337017-inhalation-technique-e-cigarette.html

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; Thanks to everyone who replied to my message for all the great help -- despite my frustrating experience, I'm totally sold on vaping (i'm now three days cigarette-free and counting). Having an online community with this kind of support for us newbs is fantastic.

I'm looking at some of the alternatives suggested above, and I'm leaning in favour of an EVOD starter kit -- they're inexpensive (at least here in Toronto) so I figure I can't go too wrong. If I understand correctly, I can use my eGo battery as a spare for the EVOD kit, and so my first starter kit won't be a total write-off.

Regards
Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread