Unusual/unique RDA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
What about the Ohmega 32mm
It’s a velocity style post so it gives a lot of space to build and wick. A little bigger than usual but it’s one of my favorite rdas
I do like that one, it's gargantuan. Too big for my mods :shock:

The Lucid RDA is very innovative and unique. It definitely is not for the beginner. It has become my favorite.

Love the look of the lucid's build deck. Might have to pick one up.

lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Swirlfish v2. Pretty cool design on this one.

Attachments

• pso-swirlfish-v2-rda-deck.jpg
    pso-swirlfish-v2-rda-deck.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 130

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The derringer is unusual in that it’s really tiny. It’s a half height 22mm RDA. Vapes ok too, though it doesn’t hold much.

The pharoh25 is a 2ml RTDA that looks like an RDA, no glass at all. This makes it fairly rugged.

The aromamizer 7 plus is an RTA that you can turn into an RDA by omitting the tank. Holds a ton for an RDA too. Of course it should since it’s a 30mm

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I'll be honest, I don't really see anything "new" that is unique. The majority of RDA's are the same as their predecessor's, they just changed the outside shape.

EXAMPLES: Versions of Mutation = Tobh = igo W
Dark Horse = Doge = Twisted Messes versions
Expired Rabbit = Sapor
Freakshow = Kennedy = Fishbone versions

*Note- above are examples off the top of my head and some could be interchanged with others or more added. Also not saying any are better or worse than others, as each has/had a strong following*

It's not really a surprise there's just not much that can really be changed, every post configuration has been done, afc rings, no afc rings, etc. If you want different and unique, you'd have to go back to find some of the first RDA's. They were interesting but hit or miss on usefulness, compared to what we have now.

In the end it just depends on what you consider unique or interesting, what I may like you may hate and vice versa. To give an idea just got a Tesla Antman 24, haven't built it yet but not impressed with it in hand, a Goon styled RDTA, haven't found a build I like on it yet and quality is okay at best, and finally bought another Twisted Messes (authentic this time).

The TM is the ver 1 and is just awesome, love it. The quality is great the spare parts are nice and actually things you'd eventually be hunting down later on. Probably one of the best toppers I've bought in a couple of years but it, extra spare parts kit (can never have too much), TM wrench, and shipping was $75 +/-. I'm so impressed I'm considering buying the Gold AF version.

lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'll be honest, I don't really see anything "new" that is unique. The majority of RDA's are the same as their predecessor's, they just changed the outside shape.

EXAMPLES: Versions of Mutation = Tobh = igo W
Dark Horse = Doge = Twisted Messes versions
Expired Rabbit = Sapor
Freakshow = Kennedy = Fishbone versions

*Note- above are examples off the top of my head and some could be interchanged with others or more added. Also not saying any are better or worse than others, as each has/had a strong following*

It's not really a surprise there's just not much that can really be changed, every post configuration has been done, afc rings, no afc rings, etc. If you want different and unique, you'd have to go back to find some of the first RDA's. They were interesting but hit or miss on usefulness, compared to what we have now.

In the end it just depends on what you consider unique or interesting, what I may like you may hate and vice versa. To give an idea just got a Tesla Antman 24, haven't built it yet but not impressed with it in hand, a Goon styled RDTA, haven't found a build I like on it yet and quality is okay at best, and finally bought another Twisted Messes (authentic this time).

The TM is the ver 1 and is just awesome, love it. The quality is great the spare parts are nice and actually things you'd eventually be hunting down later on. Probably one of the best toppers I've bought in a couple of years but it, extra spare parts kit (can never have too much), TM wrench, and shipping was $75 +/-. I'm so impressed I'm considering buying the Gold AF version.

I have the gold AF. It's...special, hah.

And yes, I know what you mean. I noticed the same trend in that new RDA's are inevitably derivative.

Having said that, the thread has already got me buying up some RDA's that would have otherwise passed me by. When you ask for something unique; I find people tend to offer things you won't find on a "best of" list which is exactly what I'm after.

lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Reactions: stols001

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yes - and I used it for a while, surprised that it wasn't bad. Then I started getting some drip-through from the coil into the airflow...always a concern with those "directed from the bottom" RDA's. I exclusively squonk, so that's how I was using it.

Not exceptional flavor, but for sure an interesting LOOK, lol.
The other one pictured here is a bit off the beaten path too - a Shingen. Also not bad, but not exceptional.

It's hard to find a dual coil squonk RDA among the recent rush of good ones (Haku, Flave, B2K, Entheon, etc - all single coil by design) and sometimes I feel a need for duals. But honestly, my 22mm Goons outperform these two.

2oddballs.jpg

Interesting!
A buddy of mine had that Galatek, the machining was a bit...naff. Have you had one?

lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Yes - and I used it for a while, surprised that it wasn't bad. Then I started getting some drip-through from the coil into the airflow...always a concern with those "directed from the bottom" RDA's. I exclusively squonk, so that's how I was using it.

Not exceptional flavor, but for sure an interesting LOOK, lol.
The other one pictured here is a bit off the beaten path too - a Shingen. Also not bad, but not exceptional.

It's hard to find a dual coil squonk RDA among the recent rush of good ones (Haku, Flave, B2K, Entheon, etc - all single coil by design) and sometimes I feel a need for duals. But honestly, my 22mm Goons outperform these two.

View attachment 709935

Yip! Been down that road before too with those airflows, complete ..... if you over-squonk too. I got the wasp nano a while ago and now nothing replaces it as my daily rda. Like you, if it's time for a dual build it's probably goon time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread