The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Unusual/unique RDA's

Discussion in 'RDA' started by lellowyedbetter, Dec 24, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mermaaan

Mermaaan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    California
    I would love to squonkify my iHybrid rdas. The Ology would be such an amazing dual coil squonk as would the Dogbone but I don't have a squonk mod big enough to mount a 30 mm rda They make great drippers though. I suspect the marquis would be great as well but don't have one myself.

Armor and nuppin are my current dual coilers for squonking, as well as a clone I wont mention if we are sticking to authentics.

For single coil I am liking single airflow attys more than the dual airflow options for some reason.

Shift bf, mulciber and odis 16 see a lot of use and I am interested in the le concorde, jorda and kira as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Looking at two top air RDAs that function similar to the Hadaly, the Hellfire Sentinel and 5A Basic. Anyone with experience? I love the flavor of the Hadaly. I'd like a little more airflow. Biggest problem is side seepage. I think either of the two RDAs I am inquiring about will alleviate the side seep. What say ye on the airflow? Not many YouTube reviews as of yet. Thanks for any insight.

3. lellowyedbetter

lellowyedbetter Full Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've used the sentinel. What kind of airflow are we talking? Like a fully open goon airflow? I found the sentinal to be a bit more like an open dead rabbit with good flavour.

Never heard of the 5A.

4. Dougiestyle

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I'm only building single Clapton 5wrap, so not too airy. I considered drilling out ONE. of the four airholes on the Hadaly for the amount of increased airflow. If the Sentinel offers the same or a bit more, them itay fit the bill. Thanks for your input!

5. lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Not a bad idea! Without having tried the Halady, the airflow does look like it would be tight...I'd bet a few bucks the sentinel would give a better pull. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dougiestyle

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
  7. lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Hey that looks good. The deck is like the wasp nano deck which I've been hooked on for weeks now. May have to join you in trying this one out. :2cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    The last true innovation imo was the velocity deck. I have used my Velocity mini every day for the last year and a half and have yet to find an RDA that can rival it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dataton

dataton Full Member

May 10, 2011
    Rhode Island
  10. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Not all innovation is good and there's nothing good at all about the 502. It's an expensive ($115) piece of garbage that was designed by an idiot to ripoff a bunch of sheeple.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I'm inclined to agree. The price is obscene for what it is. Maybe they're charging you per hour you'll need to build on that deck. :unsure:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mermaaan

Mermaaan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    California
    Price is fine as far as boutique american made products go. I feel like this atty is made for the kind of vape that I enjoy. I'm a big fan of iHybrid's rdas Iike the ology, dogbone and marquis and I think this would be a similar vape. I like the airflow - reminds me of my old manta rdas, like the squonk/positive post design, but hate the negative clamps, overall aesthetic, and default 810 sized drip tip. Also have concerns about the turbulence that heathen mentions in his review. I guess overall I don't like it enough that I want to buy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    I still think the NarDA has changed the game more than most others. So many attys have come out based on that design...Flave, O'Atty, Wasp.... even the Haku. I'm not a fan of Nareg's marketing strategy and I hate the idea of being approved to join some silly group in order to get in line, but it's still a great RDA.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    I'm waiting on a Nudge from MVS that will arrive tomorrow, the deck is not common ,l

15. lellowyedbetter

Dec 23, 2017
    Glasgow, Scotland
    26694604_1680693925310371_1901589252_n.jpg

I can tell you right now the flavour is incredible.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    I know it will be, its like a dual coil Entheon

17. bsidb

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    And a odd decked RDA is the Lucid which is a finely flavored topper:vapor: I have the clone with good results

18. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I have an authentic Lucid that is my favorite RDA. I want to pick up a clone to compare.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dataton

dataton Full Member

May 10, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Honest question, have you tried it yet? I'm finding Jai Haze to be an extremely polarizing personality, people seem to really really like the guy or not like him at all. I like to reserve judgment on a product until I've tried it myself but since I'm not into vertical builds I'm not willing to risk $115 on something I could dislike.

I'm just curious on whether anyone here has had a go with it and can give some feedback on how it performs.

20. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    As fairly new kids on the block the new mesh RDA's might qualify for this thread... IE, the Vandy Vape Mesh RDA and the Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA.

VVM
    VV Mesh RDA4.jpg
    VV Mesh RDA B1.jpg

DMP
    Digiflavor_Mesh_PRO_RDA_3__03182.1512528133.png
    20171113115310-5a09172674479.jpg

dmp-vvm2.jpg

I've bought 3 VVM's (SS, Black, Gold) and 5 DMP's (2 Black, 2 Gun Metal, 1 Blue) so far. They all come with both drip and squonk pins. The DMP's nicely fixed the issue in the VVM's of having almost no drip well.

With my 0.1X Ω mesh builds these fire breathing dragons are not for everyone, a dry hit would really ruin your day. But if you learn how to wick them right and keep them well fed they are stellar flavor cloud atty's. They do use a lot of joose though (a non issue to me as I DIY). There has been some reports on ECF that they also work quite well with single, dual, triple and quad coil builds.

The DMP's are my favorite atty's these days on dual parallel 18650 batt mech squonk mods, regulated 20700 batt squonk mods and dripped on dual series 18650 batt TC mods. I have been and still am adding more of the regulated squonk mods to my stash, so will probably need more DMP's.

I'm also looking forward to see if other MFG's get into the Mesh RDA game, and what innovations they come up with.

FWIW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.