Upcoming Camping Trip - What vaping gear do YOU take when you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Electrical plug in camping,,,,,,,,my favorite kind!

We consider we are roughing it because we sleep under canvas (it's a hybrid)

lol some with pop-up camper and no propane view it primitive. My sister-in-law goes with air-conditioner and I love it but I still like to rough it from time to time. This as much an each to own their topic as vaping :)

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
You can also check on meetup.com for local foraging groups or google "foraging group your area", you might be surprised at what is nearby. Groups i belonged to had month outings and always welcomed newcomers.

Thanks I may have to do that. Thanks for the tip. As I said I'm getting a bit old and a bit unadventurous...wife is sure getting that way :) But I'd do a weekend without her caring too much ;)

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Hard to tell, it says 2A output, but that could be just that each output gives you 1 for a total of 2. I've seen some with one output at 2.1A and one at 1A. This would definitely charge a batt, but I would make sure at least one of the outputs puts out 2 before you got it to hook an atty to

device I got is usb passthrough with battery charger so it should work with that. I wondered about hooking atty straight up to device as mod I've seen on here. If it did work it would bypass the 80% or so charge rate of external devices and be a device itself. Worth looking into to avoid the loss in electrical charge of external device.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
device I got is usb passthrough with battery charger so it should work with that. I wondered about hooking atty straight up to device as mod I've seen on here. If it did work it would bypass the 80% or so charge rate of external devices and be a device itself. Worth looking into to avoid the loss in electrical charge of external device.
I've built a couple that way. Just make sure you have a 2A output and you're good to go. Bear the 5 volt in mind if you're not used to vaping that high, it'll knock you on your ....

ETA: I remembered reading the button on that adapter won't fire it (fasttech phrased it "the button is not a button") so if you used it you would need a fire button on the power bank

Last edited:

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
Well, I'm convinced I won't have enough power now. I'm packing 90ml of juice now, but what to do about the battery issue? I'm sitting with 3 1100mah batts and two 2200mah instant chargers.

I'm torn between a solar charger, another battery, or another charger. Does anyone have a thought? Should I scrap my two instant chargers and just get a larger mah charger or just cough up the cash for the solar?

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Well, I'm convinced I won't have enough power now. I'm packing 90ml of juice now, but what to do about the battery issue? I'm sitting with 3 1100mah batts and two 2200mah instant chargers.

I'm torn between a solar charger, another battery, or another charger. Does anyone have a thought? Should I scrap my two instant chargers and just get a larger mah charger or just cough up the cash for the solar?
No way in H would I even bother with vaping. Revisiting this thread and seeing what little you can take. I would do 3 cans of Swedish snus. A good amount of activated charcoal. 1 gutting knife, 1 serated blade, 1 folding kershaw pocket blade. 410 Taurus hand gun at least 1 box of shells. Canteen, and maybe a collapsible
fishing pole....Naw a salt shaker grasshoppers on an open fire taste like potato chips :D Water proof matches ;)

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
No way in H would I even bother with vaping. Revisiting this thread and seeing what little you can take. I would do 3 cans of Swedish snus. A good amount of activated charcoal. 1 gutting knife, 1 serated blade, 1 folding kershaw pocket blade. 410 Taurus hand gun at least 1 box of shells. Canteen, and maybe a collapsible
fishing pole....Naw a salt shaker grasshoppers on an open fire taste like potato chips :D Water proof matches ;)

I used to dip snus. I don't want to pick that bad habit up again.

I had a hand crank charger once. Never again. LOL. It's noisy and a total pain in the rump.

Matches? LOL, nah, we don't need no stinkin' matches! I have some magnesium on my belt if we have problems starting fire in other ways. We typically make our fires without lighters or matches.

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
I've received and tested all of my gear. Using my three batteries and my two battery charger backups I have an easy 6 days worth of vaping. The temperature will be pretty low so I expect my batteries to drain a little quicker than usual. To counter that I will be vaping a little higher nicotine level so hopefully I won't have to vape as much.

Thanks again everyone for all your help. I leave next wednesday. If I don't post again keep an eye out for a vaporizer in a pile of bear dookie. ;)

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Ive been camping the last three weekends in a row. Its been great weather. I was planningon going this weekend but the Govt shut down has of course made them lock the gates at the Federal campsites.....which is where I was planning on going.. ( Chattahoochee-Oconee Natl Forest). Im kinda bummed out about it.

Last week I did find a "harley Rally to go to and camped there.

I warn you.....take extra juice. I sorta ran low this past weekend as I had taken 5 IBTank XL's that were full. I didnt realize that I vaped so much. I usually take a Provari and most of my batteries.....and just in case... I have an MVP for a great back up.

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
I haven't gotten the solar charger for this trip. I have one on my wish list for xmas though. This time it's just my three batteries and those two chargers I linked in an earlier post.

We are also planning on going to a National Park. It's also closed, but I am going in defiance of this "shutdown." Political showmanship will not stop me.

Daryl Glen

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Titusville, FL, USA
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before on this thread, but I always take a gallon size ziplock bag with me!! Dew, rain, etc. can ruin the fun, and when I go to bed if I'm outdoors, I always put my electronics in that just to make sure.
This is assuming that you don't have something already to put them in to protect them, but I still do it just in case!

Debra_oh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I haven't gotten the solar charger for this trip. I have one on my wish list for xmas though. This time it's just my three batteries and those two chargers I linked in an earlier post.

We are also planning on going to a National Park. It's also closed, but I am going in defiance of this "shutdown." Political showmanship will not stop me.

There won't be any of those pesky rangers around to ruin your fun. Now you can do the full version of Naked and Afraid. Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread