Not open for further replies.

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Good Morning Everyone!

We wanted to go ahead and post an update for you all. I wish I had some better news but so far nothing has changed. As we have mentioned before we have been going back and forth with our provider to fix this issue, the reason it has not been back up yet is because it has not been fixed. Unfortunately, it is a pretty long process because our provider does the testing on their end, then ships it to us once we get it we then test it ourselves to make sure the quality is to our standards.Unfortunately this last batch wasn't either, so we had to ship it back and start the process all over again. I assure you we are not doing this intentionally or lying to you because we have to reason to lie! We are just genuinely trying to fix our product and will have it back up for you guys. We do apologize that this is taking so long trust me we wish it would have been back up sooner! We appreciate all of your support and hope that this will get fixed soon so we can have our e-juices back up for you all!!!

Reactions: Racehorse

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Dearest Ben, Christy, Wookie guy in which I do not know your true name, and the rest of the AV team,

Without any malice, I'm genuinely curious, how much are you guys losing in sales without those three popular tobaccos available for sale? A numeric cash value isn't necessary, rather, an estimated percentage is what I'm wondering.

Of course, an absent of answer is completely understandable. I was just doing my daily Boba's check-up, and found myself asking that question.

I continue to search for replacements to hold me over. Thus far, Nicoticket has been doing a pretty decent job. I've just yesterday started venturing onto other vendors' selections in an effort to stay my cravings. I, of course, remain vigilant in my "Want to buy Boba's" adverts via the classifieds, but as time moves along, the replies are becoming less.

Still holding onto any hope that you may sell me a pseudo-batch, or less than perfect mix. I come to understand now that monetary gain doesn't affect you, so I now turn towards different horizons of persuasion. I've offered before, and again I do so with self-portraits in less than savory lascivious conditions. If that doesn't moisten your salivary glands, I offer myself as a personal consultant. My expertise lie in video gaming, underwater basket-weaving, or I could serve as your very own personal audio book. Choose a book, any title, and I will call you. You can place me on speaker phone, cozy up next to a fire, and allow my soothing voice to temper your mood whilst enjoying your favorite novel with your loved ones.

I shall await your decision, though we both know that what I've offered on the table is simply irrefutable.

Forever yours,

Adam

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Howdy Levitas!

Good question. Philosophically I don't see it as 'lost' money since the product, or what brings you to the table, isn't there. However, that's semantics and I get what you are asking and the answer is a good sum. Less than half of normal but enough that our earnings chart, if we had one, would be in a nasty dip with some reorganization in order. The reorganizing is occurring but really we are striving to get a replacement up soon.

Boba's and its off-shoots (Gorilla Juice and Griffin's Breath) are not going to be around anymore. We are working on recipes that match, or are similar, but they will be named something different. I've always said that if we were going to change the recipe we would change the name and that is what has to happen here. A supplier of a major flavoring in Boba's stopped doing business so the recipe for the new flavors will be made of newer flavorings (translate that as 'different flavorings' but matching). We have a good recipe being beta tested now and it's getting fairly good reviews. It is nearly identical with Gorilla Juice and Griffin's Breath when mixed and IMO only slightly noticeable in difference stand alone next to Boba's.

So now to answer the big question: when

We hope to have the new flavor (Flavor 39) available within the month. It'll be sold as 'Flavor 39' for awhile and then we will do what we did with Boba's Bounty and have the customers give suggestions for a new name. It's worthy of the crowd sourcing in that regard and deserves a good name like we did with Boba's Bounty. Save your guesses on a name until after we've posted the contest I'm sure we will have some awesome prize for whoever comes up with the name we go with.

I hope this helps, Levi.

Ben L.

P.S. - I know I haven't been online in a hot minute. I'll make a detailed post on why that is in awhile but rest assured I'm back to keep everyone informed and to get back into 'the know' on what's current in the business.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Howdy Levitas!

Good question. Philosophically I don't see it as 'lost' money since the product, or what brings you to the table, isn't there. However, that's semantics and I get what you are asking and the answer is a good sum. Less than half of normal but enough that our earnings chart, if we had one, would be in a nasty dip with some reorganization in order. The reorganizing is occurring but really we are striving to get a replacement up soon.

Boba's and its off-shoots (Gorilla Juice and Griffin's Breath) are not going to be around anymore. We are working on recipes that match, or are similar, but they will be named something different. I've always said that if we were going to change the recipe we would change the name and that is what has to happen here. A supplier of a major flavoring in Boba's stopped doing business so the recipe for the new flavors will be made of newer flavorings (translate that as 'different flavorings' but matching). We have a good recipe being beta tested now and it's getting fairly good reviews. It is nearly identical with Gorilla Juice and Griffin's Breath when mixed and IMO only slightly noticeable in difference stand alone next to Boba's.

We hope to have the new flavor (Flavor 39) available within the month. It'll be sold as 'Flavor 39' for awhile and then we will do what we did with Boba's Bounty and have the customers give suggestions for a new name. It's worthy of the crowd sourcing in that regard and deserves a good name like we did with Boba's Bounty. Save your guesses on a name until after we've posted the contest I'm sure we will have some awesome prize for whoever comes up with the name we go with.

I hope this helps, Levi.

Ben L.

P.S. - I know I haven't been online in a hot minute. I'll make a detailed post on why that is in awhile but rest assured I'm back to keep everyone informed and to get back into 'the know' on what's current in the business.
Awesome Ben thanks for the update. Hopefully everything will work out for the best. You obviously know how to mix so we trust you there.

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the information. I believe this is what many of us frustrated Boba's, GB, GJ vapors have been looking for. A little straightforwardness is nice and goes a long way to allow a company breathing room in trying to correct some issues.

In all honesty I've found other juices that keep me moving along just fine but I still miss the pre 2014 Boba's flavor and will be looking forward to trying the new one.

~BW

Reactions: kevin666

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Ben,

Thanks for the heads up! It's nice to hear from ya again. Honestly, I'm very much excited on the prospect of a "new" Boba's. As long as it retains some of the previous flavoring, I'll likely love it the same.

Now, my question is: availability. Not when but if. Are you guys going to make a mass bulk amount of 'Flavor 39'? Surely you know that your site is going to be destroyed via the mass-fiends craving your delicious juiciness. I don't imagine you guys will offer a pre-order of any sort, but I fear that I may miss the opening sale. I will, of course, continue to check daily for the release of this new deliciousness.

Also, I appreciate your candid answer to my question on probable profits lost. You needn't answer, but you did, and I thank you for your honesty, sir.

I hope that you and your family are doing well.

Regards,

Adam

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
OK, now I'm scared...but optimistic

Optimistic is the best bet. What is there to be scared about?

The last batch of Boba's Bounty you guys sent out that tasted of coffee. Was that mixed using your new supplier or your former supplier which had been providing the flavoring for the past couple years?

The coffee came to the top and was more noticeable when that last batch was low on a key flavoring. It's what let us know of the difficult flavoring issue to begin with.

Are you guys going to make a mass bulk amount of 'Flavor 39'?

That is the plan. There is some balance between how well it will be received and how much we will have on hand. If there are any initial supply issues we have a system in place to resolve them quickly.

Reactions: BentWookie

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Optimistic is the best bet. What is there to be scared about?

That is the plan. There is some balance between how well it will be received and how much we will have on hand. If there are any initial supply issues we have a system in place to resolve them quickly.

How well it will be received?? Now YOU'RE sounding scared! :)

And to be clear, I'll be ordering 200ml as soon as it's available.

Last edited:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Now YOU'RE sounded scared!

Nah, just a hardcore pragmatist. Opinions are subjective which means there are WAY more variables than I could ever account for. My juices are like little baby birds. I make them up as best I can but at some point I have to kick their asses out into the wild and make them fend for themselves.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Sorry for your troubles, Ben.

You guys have served the vaping community a long time, I think you were my 2nd ejuice vendor when I started vaping.

I figure it this way: you made Bobas and you make Gorilla Juice, and I have learned in life that if you can do something successfully once, you can do it again.

I meet people all the time who have lost everything, but a few years later, they have it all back again. :)

It's a certain amount of drive and commitment that is required, and like I said, if you did it once, I'm sure your new recipes will be GREAT.

Heck, they may even be better.

While you're at it, I would also not just try to approximate what you had before, but maybe make a completely new flavor. I trust you can create yet another BLOCKBUSTER.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Howdy Levitas!

Ben L.

Ok, so that wasn't too hard was it? Boba's, Gorilla Juice and Griffin's Breath are Dead! Long Live Boba's!!!

It will be missed. Since the recipe won't be around anymore, may I ask you to disclose the lost flavoring or even the recipe itself. Who knows maybe someone in the community can help us?

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Ok, so that wasn't too hard was it? Boba's, Gorilla Juice and Griffin's Breath are Dead! Long Live Boba's!!!

It will be missed. Since the recipe won't be around anymore, may I ask you to disclose the lost flavoring or even the recipe itself. Who knows maybe someone in the community can help us?
Sadly I guarantee they will never do that

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Sadly, this type of thing happens on occasion. Seedman had the same thing happen to them with their "English Tobacco" base; the company from which they purchased this base vanished and so did their access to the flavor. It happens! Perhaps it was from that same company that Alien Visions purchased their flavor base? No matter, it's gone now. At least I have 100ml of BB and GB in my reserve juice stash.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Exactly so. Maybe if we weren't making similar flavors but we get inspiration for the new from the old.
I'm not saying I blame you lol. I just know I wouldn't expect a company to spill the beans on something this big, unless maybe you were getting outta the business or something

Reactions: nostradadus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread